PDA

View Full Version : Influencer 'cries happy tears' after mowing lawn herself and slams trolls who mock her

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2021, 12:37 PM
By Sophie Roberts, Lifestyle and Travel Editor - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/aPdgErS.jpg

An influencer who celebrated mowing the lawn for the first time was brutally targeted by trolls.

On her Instagram Stories, Olivia Mathers described the household task as “empowering”.

The 24-year-old, from Queensland, Australia, wrote: "I've had tears through this process. Happy tears, because I am just so f**king proud of myself.

"It's so easy to be faced with an unknown/new situation and say, 'I can't'.

"My advice and something I am only just learning is, give yourself more credit and challenge yourself to create results you want in life, in every aspect. It's damn f**king empowering."

Olivia was full of praise for her mum, who she thanked for “setting the absolute best example of someone who doesn't give up and continues to defy all odds”.

https://i.imgur.com/K3YLekH.jpg

Olivia added: "I'm so lucky to have the best role models and people that believe in me."

But her followers weren’t as impressed by her mowing the lawn.

One commenter said: “Unless she was out an all fours with a pair of scissors… colour me wildly unimpressed.”

Another wrote: "I thought from reading that caption that she bought a house which is no easy feat to do but yeah good for her for mowing the lawn."

And a third added: “My three-year-old did more yard work than this today.”

https://i.imgur.com/JCOP8wA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MhMfxz3.jpg

Despite the backlash, some defended Olivia.

One fan wrote: "She's obviously going through a hard time at the moment and is proud of herself for getting up and doing something she hasn't had to do by herself before.

"If she wants to celebrate that achievement, she has every right to.

“It's so sad to see that some people will never have empathy or respect for anyone."

The influencer also took to social media to defend herself.

She wrote: “I was sadden (sic) to see my vulnerable moment of gratitude quickly turned into a laugh.”

Then on her Instagram stories, Olivia added: “If my post was just about mowing then I would be laughing too but it was worth much more than that.

“The people it was intended for understood it and resonated with it without me having to justify myself. Hence I will not be doing that.

“I would also like to add that you are not in charge of someone else’s success.

“Also my lawn looks f***ing mint.”

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2021, 12:38 PM
An influencer who celebrated mowing the lawn for the first time was brutally targeted by trolls.

On her Instagram Stories, Olivia Mathers described the household task as “empowering”.

The 24-year-old, from Queensland, Australia, wrote: "I've had tears through this process. Happy tears, because I am just so f**king proud of myself.

"It's so easy to be faced with an unknown/new situation and say, 'I can't'.

"My advice and something I am only just learning is, give yourself more credit and challenge yourself to create results you want in life, in every aspect. It's damn f**king empowering."

Olivia was full of praise for her mum, who she thanked for “setting the absolute best example of someone who doesn't give up and continues to defy all odds”.

:dumbfounded:

I weep for the future of the world.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 12:47 PM
So powerful.. So strong..

Griffin
10-27-2021, 12:53 PM
I wonder if she was using a reel type mower like I had to when I was a kid.
Nothing like hitting a rock or stick locking up the reel and sending you over the handle.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 12:55 PM
I wonder if she was using a reel type mower like I had to when I was a kid.
Nothing like hitting a rock or stick locking up the reel and sending you over the handle.

Probably a battery operated one... I cant see this chick managing a gas can..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2021, 12:58 PM
I wonder if she's tackled "doing laundry" on her own yet.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 12:59 PM

When she does you can bet your ass there will be a profound post about it.. :mrgreen:

Griffin
10-27-2021, 01:00 PM
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/antique-reel-mower-picture-id147098922

Griffin
10-27-2021, 01:01 PM

she probably can't even make a sandwich :meh:

Muddy
10-27-2021, 01:02 PM
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/antique-reel-mower-picture-id147098922

I bet that thing is a bitch to use...

Griffin
10-27-2021, 01:03 PM
They are. Like I said it doesn't take much to lock up and send you flying.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2021, 01:11 PM
My grandparents had that kinda mower when I was a kid and that's what I had to use to mow their lawn.

Griffin
10-27-2021, 01:15 PM
They still sell them. You get the best cut with them, That's why golf courses use them on the greens.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 01:25 PM
They still sell them. You get the best cut with them, That's why golf courses use them on the greens.

I think I have seen a rider version with like 3 or 4 of them on the front of it...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2021, 01:37 PM
This girl (and all the people like her) need this sticker pack for their calendar so they can document their "amazing" accomplishments.

https://i.imgur.com/dqK91Ot.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-27-2021, 03:11 PM
she probably can't even make a sandwich :meh:

:shock:

If that's true, then she's completely useless. Screw the lawn.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 03:25 PM
:shock:

If that's true, then she's completely useless. Screw the lawn.

Well now hold on... She still has that pussy..!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2021, 04:13 PM

:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
10-27-2021, 05:39 PM

:nono:

There's other pussy out there that can make sandwiches as well... and can learn to mow a lawn. We've got to have baseline standards here.

Muddy
10-27-2021, 07:02 PM
:nono:

There's other pussy out there that can make sandwiches as well... and can learn to mow a lawn. We've got to have baseline standards here.

We also have to realize that we take what we can get sometimes.. :lol:

lost in melb.
10-27-2021, 08:19 PM
They are. Like I said it doesn't take much to lock up and send you flying.

Real men mow bare foot

Griffin
10-27-2021, 08:35 PM
https://original-content.imgix.net/2018/07/Shave_Body.jpg?w=670

lost in melb.
10-27-2021, 08:49 PM
Ay yay yai!

RBP
10-27-2021, 11:24 PM
I had a 29 year old coworker come in yesterday with the same proud moment.... first time mowing a lawn. :|

Muddy
10-28-2021, 12:18 AM
I had a 29 year old coworker come in yesterday with the same proud moment.... first time mowing a lawn. :|

You Chicago turd, when is the last time you moved a lawn..??!! :d

deebakes
10-28-2021, 03:27 AM
You Chicago turd, when is the last time you moved a lawn..??!! :d

lawn moving is a lot of work

Godfather
10-28-2021, 06:51 AM
My grandparents had that kinda mower when I was a kid and that's what I had to use to mow their lawn.

I used to landscape during college. We had this insanely rich client who bought his own mowers for our landscaping company to use when we were there. $8,000 each, two of them, identical for different lawns (I'll never understand why).

They were just motorized versions of these things, and 1000x more delicate :lol:

lost in melb.
10-28-2021, 09:00 AM
I used to landscape during college. We had this insanely rich client who bought his own mowers for our landscaping company to use when we were there. $8,000 each, two of them, identical for different lawns (I'll never understand why).

They were just motorized versions of these things, and 1000x more delicate :lol:

Was the client male or female? Lol

perrhaps
10-28-2021, 09:32 AM

We still use one to spruce up some grave sites.

Muddy
10-28-2021, 02:03 PM

touché..!

DemonGeminiX
10-28-2021, 06:30 PM

When you're being chased by angry hornets.

Hugh_Janus
11-01-2021, 04:34 PM

same. I loved using it

deebakes
11-02-2021, 01:15 AM
i thought you used sheeps?

Hugh_Janus
11-02-2021, 04:53 PM
we do, but not for that...:doggybanana::datass:

lost in melb.
11-03-2021, 08:41 AM
we do, but not for that...:doggybanana::datass:

Honesty is the path to salvation, my son :empathy: