PDA

View Full Version : Another study showing the seriousness of Covid-19: brain fog

lost in melb.
10-27-2021, 08:14 PM
Many dismiss the virus because of its 1% kill rate and the fact that it kills preferentially the old and infirm... but we're getting more and more studies showing other consequences of having had the illness. Already mentioned are heart issues, lung issues, kidney issues... Now brain damage:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-whove-had-covid-19-190550841.html

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...ampaign=ftm_links&utm_term=102221_term=102221

A study, published Friday in medical journal JAMA Network Open, says nearly a quarter of individuals who've been infected with the coronavirus have problems retaining information and focusing months after contracting the disease.

"In this study, we found a relatively high frequency of cognitive impairment several months after patients contracted COVID-19. Impairments in executive functioning, processing speed, category fluency, memory encoding, and recall were predominant among hospitalized patients," Jacqueline Becker and other researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York said, according to the study.

That includes problems with memory recall and the ability to store new memories, the study says, as well as with making judgment calls and planning.

Some of these patients "cannot function," psychiatry professor Dr. Helen Lavretsky told NBC News. "They can't think; their memory is impaired; they get confused when they drive places, that they don't know how they got there."

------------

Vaccines while not perfect, are protective enough, but some people still don't want them. Above, is one of the things they are risking.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2021, 08:34 PM
Either I had covid or I smoke to much pot

lost in melb.
10-27-2021, 08:38 PM
Natural immunity :lol:

deebakes
10-28-2021, 03:23 AM
Either I had covid or I smoke to much pot

'too much'

lost in melb.
10-28-2021, 08:42 AM