PDA

View Full Version : California school board member caught on hot mic saying ‘f--- you’ at parent

Teh One Who Knocks
10-28-2021, 10:00 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

The president of a California school district was caught cursing on a hot mic during a school board meeting Tuesday after a parent gave a speech knocking masks in classrooms and COVID-19 vaccination mandates for students.

Lauren Roupoli, who called herself a concerned parent, addressed the Los Alamitos Unified School District Board of Education and spoke about the problems with enforcing a mask mandate among students.

She gave a fiery speech—even calling out one of the board members by name-- before she questioned the wisdom of giving the vaccine to children. Her belief is that any possible benefit is far outweighed by the risks.

She accused one board member of criticizing parents for voicing their legitimate concerns and drew applause when she said, "We are vocal because we are our children’s biggest advocates."

Her comment apparently did not sit well with Marlys Davidson, the board’s president, who was picked up on a hot mic saying, "F--- you," during the applause.

KTLA reported that Davidson issued an apology and said the public must be "heard with respect."

"I reaffirm my commitment to serve our community with dignity and integrity, and I hope they will accept my sincere apology," she said. She did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News.

WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE
Roupoli told the station that Davidson should step down.

California has a statewide mask requirement that affects about 6.7 million students. The requirement is backed by the state’s largest teachers' unions and the California Association of School Boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foVKq9Ts3As

The argument from parents opposed to vaccines for children is that they see the long-term side effects as unknowns. They also say these mandates infringe upon their freedoms.

Opponents of these calls to protest insist that the mandates are based on science and the only way to emerge from the pandemic is to be vaccinated and wear masks.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

PorkChopSandwiches
10-28-2021, 03:08 PM
:facepalm: Who do these idiots think they work for

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2021, 09:43 AM
By Fox News Staff

The president of a California school district who apologized this week for cursing at a parent who was speaking out against mask mandates in schools during a Tuesday meeting was apparently caught on a hot mic for a second time during the same meeting, according to a social media video.

"Oh god, here we go," Los Alamitos School Board President Marlys Davidson appeared to say after introducing two speakers she referred to as Claire C. and Leah R., during the board meeting, according to a YouTube video posted by Los Al Recall.

It wasn’t clear which speaker Davidson was referencing or that it was Davidson talking since all of the board members were wearing masks during the meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8eexzh8cgI

The speaker, who introduced herself as Claire Chu, said she was glad everyone had the "freedom to speak" and said she wanted to speak out against critical race theory, claiming it teaches students to "hate each other because of their race, because of their skin color and make them identify different from others.

"No, we are all American," she said to applause. "We are all one nation, one race. Don’t let them divide by the CRT."

In the same meeting, Davidson was caught on a hot mic saying "f--- you" to another speaker, Lauren Roupoli, a parent who spoke out against mask mandates in schools.

Davidson was overheard while others were applauding Roupoli's comments. Roupoli has said Davidson should resign.

"I am deeply sorry for the inappropriate comment that I made in last night's board meeting," Davidson said in a statement on Wednesday, according to KABC-TV of Los Angeles. "I am going to personally apologize to the speaker who most certainly deserves to know that when members of the public address the Board of Education, they must be heard with respect. These are trying times, but trying times demand that we rise to do our best. I reaffirm my commitment to serve our community with dignity and integrity, and I hope they will accept my sincere apology."

California has a statewide mask requirement that affects about 6.7 million students. The requirement is backed by the state’s largest teachers' unions and the California Association of School Boards.

The school district has not responded to Fox News’ requests for comment.

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2021, 07:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tu07pKaZUQ