PDA

View Full Version : NBC News reporter says Biden’s apparent nap is ‘political obstacle,’ reminds viewers he keeps long hours

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2021, 09:55 AM
By Brian Flood | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/egYr6o9.png

An NBC News reporter worked to find excuses Monday for President Joe Biden’s apparent cat nap during speeches at the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference.

Biden, who warned military service members this summer that top Pentagon officials consider climate change to be the "greatest threat" to America’s national security in the coming years, sat with his arms crossed, looking like he was drifting in and out of sleep, in a viral video shared by Washington Post reporter Zach Purser Brown.

MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell welcomed NBC News senior White House reporter Kelly O’Donnell to her program to explain what happened in the video that also featured Biden wiping his eyes.

"He was seen on camera with his eyes closed, it appears that perhaps he was dozing," O’Donnell told viewers. "In these settings, cameras are all around. The camera caught President Biden, who turns 79 later this month, with his eyes closed for a period of time, and you’re right, these can be embarrassing situations."

O’Donnell added to the liberal MSNBC audience that Biden has stressed the importance of the climate change meetings that might have put him to sleep.

"A moment like that in a session, can be a political obstacle," O’Donnell said before attempting damage control.

"It is also true that the hours are long, the time differences are real and the president has kept a rigorous schedule over several days, having lots of meetings, appearances and speeches," she said. "And, quite a late night last night."

Former President Donald Trump has long referred to his political rival as "Sleepy Joe" and Monday’s video presumably won’t help make that nickname go away anytime soon.

The NBC News reporter said the White House hadn’t responded to her regarding "that moment caught on camera."

"But that’s one of those things that will certainly be captured, criticized by some and noted by others," O’Donnell said. "When you’re the leader of the free world, whenever you’re in public, those moments are seen and scrutinized regardless of all of the circumstances."

Before the segment wrapped, O’Donnell made sure viewers were aware that Biden has been working hard.

"He flew this morning from Italy to Scotland and has a busy schedule," she said.

Griffin
11-02-2021, 10:05 AM
The MSM has never put so much effort into making up excuses for an inept official as they do with this idiot.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2021, 10:08 AM
The MSM has never put so much effort into making up excuses for an inept official as they do with this idiot.

I wonder if it's 'first come, first served' when getting a story out to defend him, or if they have a set rotation where they all take turns in order writing pro-Biden stories. :-k

Griffin
11-02-2021, 10:11 AM
I'm just waiting for the house of cards to collapse.

lost in melb.
11-02-2021, 03:38 PM
He's doing perfectly fine.

Look at that straight back. He's obviously just meditating. I actually do this from time to time and it helps me to concentrate and listen intently.

Until the next outrage for the day.

:dumbfounded:

Griffin
11-02-2021, 03:43 PM
https://www.wikihow.com/Sleep-While-Sitting-Up

DemonGeminiX
11-02-2021, 07:32 PM
He's doing perfectly fine.

Look at that straight back. He's obviously just meditating. I actually do this from time to time and it helps me to concentrate and listen intently.

Until the next outrage for the day.

:dumbfounded:

You forgot the /Sarcasm tag again.

Muddy
11-02-2021, 08:41 PM
:lol:

https://i.imgur.com/idutDet.jpg