PDA

View Full Version : Democrat strategist James Carville: What went wrong in Virginia was 'stupid wokeness'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2021, 10:28 AM
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/Ej026xXl.jpg

Democratic strategist James Carville suggested during PBS NewsHour on Wednesday that progressives and "wokeness" were to blame for the recent Democratic election losses in Virginia.

When asked how Democratic candidate Terry McAuliffe lost to Republican Glenn Youngkin in a state that President Biden won by 10 points a year earlier, Carville replied that it was nothing short of "stupid wokeness" and the progressive agenda.

https://i.imgur.com/Boa0Ru3.png

"What went wrong is stupid wokeness. Don’t just look at Virginia and New Jersey. Look at Long Island, Buffalo, look at Minneapolis, even look at Seattle, Washington. I mean this ‘defund the police’ lunacy, this take Abraham Lincoln’s name off of schools, people see that. And it really has a suppressive effect on all across the country on Democrats. Some of these people need to go to a woke detox center or something," Carville said.

He added "We got to change this and not be about changing dictionaries and change laws."

Liberal media pundits blamed racism and "white supremacy" for McAuliffe’s loss, despite voters electing Winsome Sears as the first Black female lieutenant governor in the state. Carville suggested that this form of "wokeness" will actually hurt the party in the long run.

https://i.imgur.com/Jqdlk5K.png

"They’re suppressing our vote. I’ve got news for you, you’re hurting the party and hurting the very people you’re trying to help," Carville said.

Prior to the election, Carville voiced his concern that McAuliffe would lose the governor race in October after receiving backlash for saying he didn’t believe parents should tell schools how to teach their kids.

"It’s close. There’s no doubt about it, and I’m scared to death. And other Democrats should be. And the solution to that, if you know people in Virginia, call them and ask them to vote. If you are in Virginia, call and ask other people to vote. But the only thing that I can tell you, it’s a close race," Carville said in October.

Although Carville advised against focusing on woke politics, other Democratic strategists disagreed. Former President Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe suggested Democrats "go on the offense" in regards critical race theory.

Muddy
11-04-2021, 03:00 PM
Probably so, Mr Carville.. I applaud you for seeing that.

KevinD
11-04-2021, 08:18 PM
He's a smart guy. I don't often agree with his opinions, but factually, he's rarely wrong.

lost in melb.
11-04-2021, 10:45 PM
What I don't understand is why the dems didn't do what they did in the Presidential election. If you can believe the dems stole that election ask yourself why the dems didn't rely on the same trickery to steal the recent elections.

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2021, 12:00 AM
What I don't understand is why the dems didn't do what they did in the Presidential election. If you can believe the dems stole that election ask yourself why the dems didn't rely on the same trickery to steal the recent elections.

Because they're being watched like hawks unlike how they were watched in 2020.

Muddy
11-05-2021, 12:12 AM
True story.

Griffin
11-05-2021, 01:34 AM

They did in New Jersey. Ciattarelli was ahead by 42,000 votes statewide. Then in Bergen county (largest NJ county) where 100% of the ballots were accounted for when the polls closed, 40,000 votes got dumped in the middle of the night for Murphy. Same thing in Burlington county.

Griffin
11-05-2021, 01:51 AM
Virginia also uses ES&S voting equipment which is US based and tallies votes here. Unlike Dominion systems that send the votes all over the planet to be tallied.

... care to guess what was used in New Jersey.

lost in melb.
11-05-2021, 04:37 AM
Because they're being watched like hawks unlike how they were watched in 2020.

Yet amazingly, a lot of those 2020 contested states were in Republican state-controlled districts. Amazing how the Dems were able to infiltrate there as well. So devious!

lost in melb.
11-05-2021, 04:40 AM
They did in New Jersey. Ciattarelli was ahead by 42,000 votes statewide. Then in Bergen county (largest NJ county) where 100% of the ballots were accounted for when the polls closed, 40,000 votes got dumped in the middle of the night for Murphy. Same thing in Burlington county.

Ah, the old votes dump trick! Dark Dominion magic :watching:

Isn't it a good thing those evil Dems are too scared to try it on again and have let the Republicans win :tup:

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Yet amazingly, a lot of those 2020 contested states were in Republican state-controlled districts. Amazing how the Dems were able to infiltrate there as well. So devious!

Not really. I don't know many Republicans in Georgia that actually volunteered to be poll workers. Also Georgia has seen an influx of a bunch of Democrats from Hollywood, because Georgia has been promoting Atlanta as the new Hollywood for the better part of 2 decades. A lot of films and TV shows are filmed here, and a lot of the people that work in that industry are the artistic type, who tend to be more liberal and vote Democrat. And there was a call for more Democrats to move into Georgia because our voting laws were a bit more lax than other states, so new residents could vote without having been a resident for more than a year, and voting registration could take place on voting day at a poll, which is way easy to exploit. The laws have been changed since then, and the Democrats have been crying foul about it. It's the same story in Arizona, only without the Hollywood angle. Democrats trying to escape the suffocating tax burdens of California have moved to other states like Arizona but keep voting Democrat.

Democrats all over the country are leaving the high tax Democrat-controlled hellholes they've created and are moving to low tax Republican controlled states. Ask Lance. They've already taken over Colorado and turned Denver into a shithole in less than a decade. That city used to be awesome, when Republicans were in control.

I'm actually starting to think that I need to move out of Georgia, because even though the state legislature will remain firmly Republican, I'm having trouble seeing keeping the governor seat red, and the two Democrat Senators that got voted in in 2020 are fucking assholes. I've been arguing with them ever since they've been elected. I'm hoping Georgia residents wake up and vote Warnock's ass out next year, but Ossoff's in until 2026, and there's nothing that can be done about it until then. That's a problem.

deebakes
11-05-2021, 05:09 PM
the fact that democrats are going to lose a ton of seats/elections right now has more to do with the country being fucked and people being pissed off than the voting loopholes/issues/conspiracies being responsible :2cents:

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2021, 07:19 PM
the fact that democrats are going to lose a ton of seats/elections right now has more to do with the country being fucked and people being pissed off than the voting loopholes/issues/conspiracies being responsible :2cents:

I agree, but Lost was the one that brought up the 2020 election.

deebakes
11-05-2021, 07:23 PM
i guess i am more of a look forward, not backward kind of guy

Pony
11-05-2021, 11:05 PM

https://i.imgur.com/y9tS4rE.jpg

:nana:

lost in melb.
11-05-2021, 11:27 PM
Not really. I don't know many Republicans in Georgia that actually volunteered to be poll workers. Also Georgia has seen an influx of a bunch of Democrats from Hollywood, because Georgia has been promoting Atlanta as the new Hollywood for the better part of 2 decades. A lot of films and TV shows are filmed here, and a lot of the people that work in that industry are the artistic type, who tend to be more liberal and vote Democrat. And there was a call for more Democrats to move into Georgia because our voting laws were a bit more lax than other states, so new residents could vote without having been a resident for more than a year, and voting registration could take place on voting day at a poll, which is way easy to exploit. The laws have been changed since then, and the Democrats have been crying foul about it. It's the same story in Arizona, only without the Hollywood angle. Democrats trying to escape the suffocating tax burdens of California have moved to other states like Arizona but keep voting Democrat.

Democrats all over the country are leaving the high tax Democrat-controlled hellholes they've created and are moving to low tax Republican controlled states. Ask Lance. They've already taken over Colorado and turned Denver into a shithole in less than a decade. That city used to be awesome, when Republicans were in control.

I'm actually starting to think that I need to move out of Georgia, because even though the state legislature will remain firmly Republican, I'm having trouble seeing keeping the governor seat red, and the two Democrat Senators that got voted in in 2020 are fucking assholes. I've been arguing with them ever since they've been elected. I'm hoping Georgia residents wake up and vote Warnock's ass out next year, but Ossoff's in until 2026, and there's nothing that can be done about it until then. That's a problem.

Interesting and frustrating. I understand that!

My point is you don't need to start conspiracy theories, talk about hanging politicians and manoeuvring army generals to win elections. Americans don't want that either.

You just need to field decent, non-scummy candidates.

DemonGeminiX
11-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Interesting and frustrating. I understand that!

My point is you don't need to start conspiracy theories, talk about hanging politicians and manoeuvring army generals to win elections. Americans don't want that either.

You just need to field decent, non-scummy candidates.

In the USA, you can tell the scum from the decent people real easy: the scum run for political office.

deebakes
11-06-2021, 12:05 AM
exactly... anyone running for politics is horrible