PDA

View Full Version : Man Allegedly Killed Father-in-Law With Leaf Blower During Argument About Pig

Teh One Who Knocks
11-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Sara Santora - MSN News

https://i.imgur.com/LfuPEQpl.jpg

Andrew Franklin Bush and his father-in-law, William Greathouse, were attempting to lift a caged pig onto the bed of a truck when the cage fell to the ground, according to WCHS. As a result, the men began to fight. Witnesses reportedly observed Bush and Greathouse shouting obscenities at each other as they punched each other.

Bush "punched Greathouse so hard he knocked his glasses off," Complex reported, as Greathouse hit back. In response, Bush, 26, grabbed the leaf blower and "swung the device at Greathouse's head."

Greathouse was later found by police on the bed of the truck.

"He was still unconscious, not breathing and beginning to turn blue in the face and hands. The victim also had an obvious indention in his forehead that had a small open laceration," read a complaint filed in Roane County Magistrate Court, per the Parkersburg News and Sentinel.

In the complaint, Bush stated that he "was mad and felt like he wanted to hurt [Greathouse]," but that he "was sorry for what he did and that hitting [Greathouse] with the leaf blower was too excessive."

Greathouse later died after the incident, said the Roane County Prosecutor's Office said, according to WCHS.

Meanwhile, Bush has since been arrested and charged with second-degree murder and malicious assault. He is currently being held on a $100,000 bond at Central Regional Jail.

A clerk with the Roane County Magistrate Court told Newsweek that a preliminary hearing has been set for November 12.

The rate of crime in Looneyville is 62.04 per 1,000 residents, said crimgrade.org.

"Looneyville is in the 10th percentile for safety, meaning 90 percent of cities are safer and 10 percent of cities are more dangerous," said the website.

The violent crime rate for the community is slightly lower at 1.87 per 1,000 residents. Looneyville is in the 68th percentile for safety when it comes to violent crime, which means that only 32 percent of cities are more dangerous.

Fatalities from an argument is not an uncommon phenomenon in the U.S. Data from 2019 revealed that of the "58.8 percent of murders for which supplementary details were reported," 43.2 percent of victims were murdered during arguments, the FBI said on its website.

Additionally, the agency also stated that 13 percent of homicide victims that year were killed by family members.

deebakes
11-05-2021, 05:22 PM
:shock:

perrhaps
11-06-2021, 09:28 AM
One of the best headlines ever!

Godfather
11-07-2021, 03:43 AM
"swung the device at Greathouse's head."

See that makes sense... but how sick does it make me that I was morbidly curious to read about shoving a leafblower down someone's throat and blowing them up with air?

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2021, 08:01 AM
I was expecting it to read that he shoved the leafblower up the guys ass. I didn't think the leafblower would fit down somebody's throat.