PDA

View Full Version : Customer throws hot soup in cashier’s face after plastic lid melted, Texas cops say

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Mike Stunson - Fort Worth Star-Telegram

https://i.imgur.com/lVB2S6e.png

A woman faces charges after she threw soup in the face of a Texas restaurant worker, police say.

The incident occurred at Sol de Jalisco restaurant in Temple after a customer said their soup was so hot that its plastic lid had melted, police said.

The cashier at the restaurant said in a TikTok video that she answered a phone call from the woman and apologized to her, also offering her a refund. The restaurant worker said she was called names by the woman, who later returned to the restaurant with the soup.

“I pulled my phone out and that’s when I said, “If you do not leave or calm down, I am going to call the police,’” the worker, who was not identified, said in her TikTok.

She said she offered to help the customer if she stopped cursing, but the customer proceeded to throw the soup at the woman’s face. Video shared on Reddit and TikTok shows the incident, with the woman and a man she was with leaving the restaurant after throwing the soup.

The worker said the soup was not as hot as when it was served, but the spices in it affected her.

“My eyes were burning, my nose was bleeding, I was in a lot of pain,” she said in a second TikTok. “By the time I wiped it away and could almost see again, there were already customers and staff outside following her out.”

Police said no one suffered any physical injuries during the incident. The customer has been banned from the restaurant and charges are pending, according to police.

The woman who threw the soup left the restaurant before officers arrived, police said.

“We do not condone this type of behavior and hold our citizens to the highest standard,” Deputy Chief Allen Teston said. “If a citizen believes they have received poor service we advise them to remain civil until the problem is resolved.”

In its only social media post since the incident, Sol de Jalisco said its “customers are like #family to us, and we’ve been serving them for generations.”

deebakes
11-11-2021, 02:31 AM
people are horrible

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 09:49 AM
I'm just disgusted that somebody has become an adult thinking that this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2021, 10:15 AM
I'm just disgusted that somebody has become an adult thinking that this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

Yeah, they're the same people that think that it's ok to burn down privately owned businesses. Totally not cool.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 10:22 AM
Yeah, they're the same people that think that it's ok to burn down privately owned businesses. Totally not cool.

I don't know about that. I think this is more common spread. She reminds me of the kind of people that chuck their trash out the car window. I don't see her having any interest in anyone else's welfare.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2021, 12:10 PM
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/JlHvHFth.jpg

She’s in hot water now.

An irate Texas woman caught on viral video hurling a bowl of spicy soup into the face of an unsuspecting restaurant manager has been busted.

Amanda Martinez, 31, was arrested Wednesday morning and charged with assault in the shocking caught-on-video Nov. 7 attack at Sol De Jalisco Mexican restaurant in Temple, KWTX-TV reported.

“We do not condone this type of behavior and hold our citizens to the highest standard,” Temple Deputy Police Chief Allen Teston told the station. “If a citizen believes they have received poor service we advise them to remain civil until the problem is resolved.”

Police said Martinez picked up an order at the Mexican eatery but was stewing when she returned to complain that her soup was so hot it melted the plastic cover on the container.

Restaurant manager Jannelle Broland apologized to the irate customer and offered a refund or another menu item.

But Martinez allegedly demanded to speak to another manager and finally blew up, throwing the spicy soup into the face of a stunned Broland before storming out.

“My first thought was, ‘What just happened?'” Broland told TMZ after the incident. “‘Why, like, why is this happening?’ I realized I couldn’t open my eyes and I wiped away and I realized I was like, ‘Wow. She really just, she threw that at me.'”

https://i.imgur.com/FSktKgFh.jpg

Surveillance video in the eatery caught the incident and led to an arrest warrant for Martinez, who was being held at the Bell County Jail after her arrest.

She has also been banned from the restaurant.

lost in melb.
11-18-2021, 01:04 PM
Good.

deebakes
11-21-2021, 04:38 PM
guilty

Godfather
11-21-2021, 06:28 PM
Throw her in jail, could've mangled that poor cashier's face. The gal working there was being helpful too, offered a refund or replacement.

I don't even believe soup could've melted that lid either... don't think hot soup could do that, maybe it was melted in the restaurant before she even got it, or the lady melted it herself without realizing? Not that it really matters, but I don't think hot soup can melt those plastic takeout lids.

Pony
11-21-2021, 07:16 PM
Throw her in jail, could've mangled that poor cashier's face. The gal working there was being helpful too, offered a refund or replacement.

Yep, lock her up.

I've been seeing a lot of stories and comments from bartenders, servers and other customer service workers on how bad everyone has been behaving. It's like since being locked up for covid just rotted their brains and they forgot how to be civil. I guess when you spend so much time on social media watching people act like idiots and no time interacting with people face to face, you forget how to act toward others?

deebakes
11-21-2021, 07:48 PM
people are generally awful it seems

Griffin
11-21-2021, 08:20 PM
mRNA induced rage. Sci-Fi authors have been warning us about it for years so get used to it, this is only the beginning.

lost in melb.
11-21-2021, 11:40 PM
mRNA induced rage. Sci-Fi authors have been warning us about it for years so get used to it, this is only the beginning.

:tinfoil:

deebakes
11-22-2021, 12:11 AM
there's loonies on all sides of all issues