PDA

View Full Version : Furious Judge in Rittenhouse Trial Accuses Prosecution of ‘Grave Constitutional Violation’

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2021, 08:32 PM
By Joel B. Pollack - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/DVtJq6o.png

Judge Bruce Schroeder of the Kenosha County Court accused prosecutors of a “grave constitutional violation” in the murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse on Wednesday morning after they tried to comment on his earlier reactions to testimony in the case.

Rittenhouse stunned observers by taking the witness stand in his own defense, something that defendants rarely do in such trials. He recalled the events of Aug. 25 last year, when he fired on members of a mob attacking him during a Black Lives Matter riot. As he began to describe the events leading to the shootings, he broke down, and the trial took a brief recess.

When Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger began his cross-examination, he began by noting that Rittenhouse had opportunities to watch videos of the riot, and to read articles about it, during the months since his arrest. Rittenhouse said that he had seen most of the videos during the trial, and that he tried to avoid reading articles on the Internet about his case because they tended to be inaccurate.

The prosecution then noted that Rittenhouse had been able to watch all of the previous witnesses in the trial, implying that Rittenhouse may have constructed his version of events from previous testimony, rather than his own recollection of events.

At that point, the judge ordered the jury to leave the courtroom. When they had left, he berated the prosecution:

Judge: You need to account for this.

Defense attorney: Your Honor — I don’t want the jury to hear — he’s commenting on my client’s right to remain silent.

Prosecutor: No, Your Honor. I am making the point that after hearing everything int he case, now he’s tailoring his story to what has already been introduced.

Judge: The problem is, this is a grave constitutional violation for you to talk about the defendant’s silence, and that is — and you’re right on the borderline, and you may be over it. But it better stop.

Prosecutor: Understood.

Judge: This is — I can’t think of the case, the initial case on it. But this is not permitted.

The jury then returned and the defense’s objection to the prosecution’s line of questioning was sustained.

Later, Binger again asked Rittenhouse to comment on his previous comments, which had been excluded in a prior ruling, and the judge again told the jury to leave.

The defense demanded that the judge admonish the prosecution, and said that if it happened again, the defense would ask the judge to declare a mistrial with prejudice, preventing the charges from being brought again.

Judge Schroeder exploded at Binger, raising his voice, saying that Binger had entered into areas of testimony that had been ruled out, without warning.

Binger apologized, but kept insisting on responding to the judge. “Don’t get brazen with me!” the judge shouted.

He reminded Binger that he had already told him he was in danger of violating the rule against commenting on the defendant’s pre-trial silence — “which is a well-known rule!” he exclaimed.

“I’m astonished that that would have been an issue,” he continued. “So I don’t want to have another issue, as long as this case continues, is that clear?”

“It is,” Binger responded.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2021, 09:06 PM
First the prosecution's witnesses' testimony seem to aid Rittenhouse's defense, now this asshat is violating every known procedure to try to get anything on the kid to help his failed prosecution.

If the trial isn't thrown out as mentioned in the article, then the kid's getting acquitted, as well he should be. The charges were bullshit to begin with.

Griffin
11-10-2021, 10:41 PM
I saw some of it this morning. The prosecutor was trying to prove a point on Kyles knowledge of bullet types only to prove his own ignorance and the judge shut him down by explaining the actual difference in how different types of bullets perform.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2021, 11:24 PM
I saw some of it this morning. The prosecutor was trying to prove a point on Kyles knowledge of bullet types only to prove his own ignorance and the judge shut him down by explaining the actual difference in how different types of bullets perform.

Typical for antigunners: Don't know jack shit about anything to do with firearms at all.

Muddy
11-10-2021, 11:47 PM
Very interesting..

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 12:41 AM
This Rittenhouse guy was a punk, but I have to say this.. they are really going after him.

Pony
11-11-2021, 12:44 AM
That guys a snake oil salesman, I'm getting a kick out of the multiple witnesses and the judge knocking him down a few.

Some of the clips are pure gold.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 12:49 AM
That guys a snake oil salesman, I'm getting a kick out of the multiple witnesses and the judge knocking him down a few.

Some of the clips are pure gold.

:link:

Griffin
11-11-2021, 01:15 AM
This Rittenhouse guy was a punk, but I have to say this.. they are really going after him.

He was chased, shot at, punched, knocked down, beaten, and nearly shot himself but he's a punk for defending himself.

... liberalism has no divergence

deebakes
11-11-2021, 02:37 AM
he's going to walk

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 08:38 AM
He was chased, shot at, punched, knocked down, beaten, and nearly shot himself but he's a punk for defending himself.

I see him as the wrong place at the wrong time, and acting like a bit of a punk. Yes, I've seen the footage.

.. liberalism has no divergence

Do you belong to some kind of domination where you have to mention liberal in every post? :-s

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2021, 10:11 AM
I see him as the wrong place at the wrong time, and acting like a bit of a punk. Yes, I've seen the footage.

Forest for the trees. He's not a punk, he's a kid that was threatened by criminals that were hell bent on destroying a city block for shits and giggles. He had every right to be there and he had every right to defend himself. The people that he shot had no right to accost and/or assault him. They had no right to destroy a city block and/or assault anyone. If that idiot mayor hadn't pulled the police back just to let those criminal whiners have their way, then none of this ever would have happened. The powers that be need to be put on trial for violating their oaths to uphold the peace and social order, and to protect the people and the properties of the city from these domestic terrorists. It is their fault that three of the rioters died, not this kid's.

Do you belong to some kind of domination where you have to mention liberal in every post? :-s

Do you not understand that your views on guns and self defense belong in your country and not in ours? You're clearly incapable of being objective with respect to our Constitutional rights. That happens because you were raised under a system that doesn't respect the same rights that we have. If this happened in Australia, your arguments would have clout, but here in the US, they do not.

P.S. You do understand you're posting on a board where the majority of the members own guns, believe in our right to own guns and our right to self defense using those guns, right? There will always be an argument where your views on this stuff is concerned. As far as we can see, your views coincide with the far left liberal/progressives in our nation (who coincidentally, we consider "the bad guys", by the way), and that's why we continually label you as a liberal. If it walks and quacks like a duck, it's sure as hell not a frickin' hippopotamus.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 10:16 AM
Well a lot of Americans would disagree with you, so I don't really think me being Australian makes much difference.

I said the kid was a punk. Nothing about the right to bear arms. We'll see.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 10:17 AM
And obviously I don't think he should spend years in jail. You would think that would be the main point, but you don't seem interested in that. It's you that's making the fuss about 2nd amendment.

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2021, 10:27 AM
Well a lot of Americans would disagree with you, so I don't really think me being Australian makes much difference.

I said the kid was a punk. Nothing about the right to bear arms. We'll see.

A lot of Americans need to move to other countries whose policies they agree with. We can ship them to you for cheap. You'll love them. Especially the Karens.

He's not a punk, he's a scared kid. Maybe he didn't belong out there but that doesn't change the fact that he was. Hindsight is 20/20. There's nothing anybody can do about that now. And it has everything to do with our right to keep and bear arms, regardless whether you think it does or not.

And obviously I don't think he should spend years in jail. You would think that would be the main point, but you don't seem interested in that. It's you that's making the fuss about 2nd amendment.

I believe we've been saying implicitly this whole time that we believe this kid shouldn't spend ANY time in jail. If you go back and read what we've all been saying, it's kind of an obvious inference to make. And again, it's always about our 2nd amendment protected rights. These are all battlefronts in the larger war. You're missing the forest for the trees.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 11:19 AM
A lot of Americans need to move to other countries whose policies they agree with. We can ship them to you for cheap. You'll love them. Especially the Karens.

He's not a punk, he's a scared kid. Maybe he didn't belong out there but that doesn't change the fact that he was. Hindsight is 20/20. There's nothing anybody can do about that now. And it has everything to do with our right to keep and bear arms, regardless whether you think it does or not.

I believe we've been saying implicitly this whole time that we believe this kid shouldn't spend ANY time in jail. If you go back and read what we've all been saying, it's kind of an obvious inference to make. And again, it's always about our 2nd amendment protected rights. These are all battlefronts in the larger war. You're missing the forest for the trees.

I get certain people are trying to make an example of him, in relation to politics. I don't have time to follow closely, but I'm aware of it. In case you haven't noticed, my attitude towards second amendment has softened over the years. (I accept it is just how it is.)

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 11:22 AM
he's going to walk

I think they'll get him for killing the first guy, because he was unarmed. Rittenhouse's defence was he was worried they were going to get the gun off him and then shoot him. I think that's going to be difficult to prove.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2021, 11:34 AM
he's going to walk

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk

:-k

Pony
11-11-2021, 11:42 AM
I think they'll get him for killing the first guy, because he was unarmed. Rittenhouse's defence was he was worried they were going to get the gun off him and then shoot him. I think that's going to be difficult to prove.

You really should watch some of the trial footage. The first guy earlier had got in their faces and screamed "if I get any of you alone, I'll kill you. Then the new FBI surveillance video shows he was ahead of Kyle walking down the street, hid amongst some cars and ambushed him. Kyle ran. He chased him across the parking lot into a tight area, some unrelated shots rang out. Kyle stopped and turned, the first guy lunged at him screaming "fuck you" when he was shot.

The second guy was actively assaulting him with a skateboard. The third guy that lived ADMITTED that he was pointing a gun at Kyle when he was shot after seeing the photo proof.

The Prosecutions own witnesses have blown up in their faces.

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 11:44 AM
These are all battlefronts in the larger war. You're missing the forest for the trees.

Any politician who thinks that they're going to take away your semi-automatics has rocks for brains. Pure fantasy.

Now about the right to carry a gun around in public...there probably is going to be jurisdictional points of contention. If that ruffles your feathers, so be it.

Griffin
11-11-2021, 11:58 AM

It's not every post but when I do it pertains to the topic at hand.
I will go ahead and point out that the LIBERALS are the ones who have politicized everything in life so that it seems I mention it alot.:mrgreen:

lost in melb.
11-11-2021, 12:06 PM
It's not every post but when I do it pertains to the topic at hand.
I will go ahead and point out that the LIBERALS are the ones who have politicized everything in life so that it seems I mention it alot.:mrgreen:

I agree there are a lot of whiny liberals in the US that get far more airtime than they deserve.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2021, 12:08 PM
I agree there are a lot of whiny liberals in the US that get far more airtime than they deserve.

:triggered: