PDA

View Full Version : Arizona school board head allegedly kept ‘dossier’ of parent info

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2021, 04:50 PM
By Yaron Steinbuch - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/Jbts44al.jpg

An Arizona school board president is facing calls to resign for allegedly keeping an “online dossier” with personal information and images of outspoken parents who oppose mask mandates and critical race theory, according to reports.

Jann-Michael Greenburg, president of the Scottsdale Unified School District, sent parent Kim Stafford an email that inadvertently included a screenshot and link to a Google Drive file in which he accused her of being anti-Semitic over comments she made about billionaire George Soros, the Daily Caller reported.

The news outlet said it had reviewed the since-deleted Google Drive, which had been available to anyone who had the link.

Stafford shared the URL with various people, including another parent, Amanda Wray, who told the Daily Caller she was “disgusted” when she noticed images of her young daughters.

https://i.imgur.com/DvO9gPR.png

“When I first saw the contents of the Google Drive and I saw my 8- and 10-year-old’s photos, that was terrifying. And like, what’s he doing?” Wray told AZFamily.com.

“But he has pictures of my vacation home, property records. I’m not a political opponent, I’m an involved parent and that is threatening to me and it makes me wonder why and what he was planning to do with those photos,” she said.

“I think we identified 47 people that were background checked, divorce decrees, Social Security numbers, property records, mortgages,” added Wray, who noted that the Google Drive included cruel memes.

https://i.imgur.com/Wn5RmWz.jpg
According to parent Amanda Wray, the dossier is not only invasive but also cruelly
mischaracterizes individuals’ beliefs and motivations.

Facebook

In the case of one woman, Wray said, whoever created the dossier “took her photos and superimposed it over a lynching and I can tell you, she’s distraught by this and it’s disgusting.”

Folders included in the drive — which parents have dubbed an “online dossier” — were labeled “SUSD Wackos,” “Anti Mask Lunatics” and “Press Conference Psychos.” The last of these included a video showing parents holding signs reading “CRT is Racist” and “SUSD We Demand Transparency,” the Daily Caller said.

The dossier targets the concerned parent group Community Advocacy Network, whose Facebook page administrators and founders have folders dedicated to screenshots of their comments, photos and even financial records.

Wray, one of the CAN leaders, said the dossier also included her credit deed of trust from Desert Financial Federal Credit Union, her mortgage and information on her Airbnb property, the Daily Caller said.

Wray said she believes the parents are being targeted because they are calling for Greenburg to be recalled over the district’s COVID-19 policies, AZ Family said.

“We’re not anti-mask, we’re not anti-vaccines. They’ve painted us that way because it fits their inflammatory narrative. We’re all for parent choice and really, transparency,” she said.

https://i.imgur.com/e6q9TKH.png

On Wednesday, the district sent parents an email seeking to assure them that their personal and educational data is safe — and also placed sole blame for the Google Drive on Greenburg’s father, Mark.

“While the existence of the site and its public record contents may raise concern, such activities are not within the purview of the Scottsdale Unified School District to control and are unrelated to the district’s task of providing future-focused, world-class learning opportunities to our 22,000 Pre-K-12 students,” the district said, according to AZ Family.

A video obtained by the Daily Independent allegedly showed Mark Greenburg snapping photos of parents and kids without their knowledge on Aug. 24, hours before a school board meeting, according to National Review.

Mark Greenburg previously operated a parody website aimed at former school board member Barbara Perleberg, the outlet said.

Even though Mark Greenburg is listed as the Google Drive owner, records from a special board meeting in August show Jann-Michael admitted sharing a computer with his dad, according to AZ Free News.

With both men sharing a computer, there is no way to know who uploaded the files, the parents say.

https://i.imgur.com/Rn5ybQz.jpg
Greenburg is accused of collaborating with his father, Mark, on the dossier.

“Jann sent the screenshot. He has access to this drive, so I’m really interested to understand how he’s going to say he doesn’t know about it because he had the drive open on his computer,” Wray told AZ Family.

A district spokesperson said their hands are tied because Greenburg is an elected official and the only way for him to be removed is through a recall vote, his defeat in next year’s election, or his resignation.

“You’ve got the school district saying, ‘Sorry, he’s elected. He’s allowed to abuse the community. He’s allowed to use student information and dox parents, sorry,’” Wray reacted.

“I don’t let my kids ride the bus anymore. I pick them up at school. I’ve alerted the principal that this person has this motorcycle and looks like this, so the security officer is watching. We’re on edge,” Wray added.

https://i.imgur.com/rnoZ9Cx.jpg
Parent of six Amy Carney is among those calling for Greenburg’s resignation.

Amy Carney, a mother of six who is running for a school board seat in November 2022, is among those calling for Greenburg to step down.

“We request President Greenburg’s resignation from the Governing Board effective immediately for this and other recent embarrassments to our district,” Carney said, according to AZ Free News.

Greenburg and his father have both denied compiling the documents or having any knowledge of the Google Drive in comments to the Daily Independent.

“I categorically deny having anything to do with any of this. If you are going to claim in a story right now, that I had anything to do with this, I would argue that crosses the line,” Jann-Michael told the outlet as his father reportedly listened on the call.

“We are going to have forensic IT staff look into this and figure out what that is,” Greenburg added. “You can file with law enforcement, I am not sure even why we are looking at these photos.”