PDA

View Full Version : Substitute teacher arrested for allegedly sending students sexually explicit material

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2021, 01:00 PM
by WKRC Staff

https://i.imgur.com/WqeNWLR.png

CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. (WKRC) — A substitute teacher was arrested on Nov. 18 after she allegedly distributed sexually explicit material to middle school students.

19-year-old Emily Durden is accused of sending inappropriate photos and videos to children.

The parents of one of her students apparently reported Durden to a school resource officer.

According to an investigation conducted by the sheriff's office, Durden began conversations and sent the material to multiple 13- and 14-year-olds.

WBTV reports she admitted to sending the sexually explicit content to students.

“When it was brought to my attention, I questioned it, but I think this a result of our school system, not just our school system, but any employers having to find individuals that are willing to work," said Assistant Deputy Chief Durwin Briscoe. "That’s part of the reason of her age and working in the school system and being so young."

Durden was held overnight on a $50,000 bond and released the following day. She is not allowed to go near a school or have any contact with the victims.

Her charges include indecent liberties with a student, displaying material harmful to a minor, and second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2021, 02:09 PM
Meh. I'd fuck her. Still guilty though.

Pony
11-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Meh. I'd fuck her. Still guilty though.

Assuming she sent nude selfies, I'm gonna withhold judgement until all the evidence is in.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-30-2021, 04:47 PM
How the fuck does she have a degree to teach at 19?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2021, 04:56 PM
How the fuck does she have a degree to teach at 19?

With the shortage of substitutes (at least around here) I am sure they are fairly lenient on the requirements to be a short term sub.

Griffin
11-30-2021, 05:05 PM
That was the norm for subs all over the country even before covid.
as they are basically temporary babysitters.

Muddy
11-30-2021, 05:14 PM
I need to see incriminating pics before judgement is cast. [-(