PDA

View Full Version : ‘1619 Project’ Creator: ‘I Don’t Really Understand This Idea That Parents Should Decide’ What’s ‘Taught’ In Schools

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2021, 06:19 PM
Daily Wire Staff

https://i.imgur.com/hC7OcC7l.jpg

Nikole Hannah-Jones, the creator of the far-left “1619 Project” – which has been widely criticized by historians – said during a segment on Sunday that she did not understand why parents should get a say in what their children learn in school.

Jones made the remarks during a panel on NBC News’ “Meet The Press,” when pressed on how parent’s involvement in education shaped the governor’s race in Virginia.

“Well, I would say the governor’s race in Virginia was decided based on the success of a right-wing propaganda campaign that told white parents that they needed to fight against their children being indoctrinated as race – as being called racists. But that was a propaganda campaign,” she claimed without providing any evidence.

“And I don’t really understand this idea that parents should decide what’s being taught,” she later added. “I’m not a professional educator. I don’t have a degree in social studies or science. We send our children to school because we want them to be taught by people who have an expertise in the subject area. And that is not my job. When the, when the governor or the candidate said that he didn’t think parents should be deciding what’s being taught in school, he was panned for that. But that’s just the fact. This is why we send our children to school and don’t homeschool, because these are the professional educators who have the expertise to teach social studies, to teach history, to teach science, to teach literature. And I think we should leave that to the educators.”

WATCH:

deebakes
12-27-2021, 06:21 PM
“And I don’t really understand this idea that parents should decide what’s being taught,” she later added. “I’m not a professional educator. I don’t have a degree in social studies or science. We send our children to school because we want them to be taught by people who have an expertise in the subject area. And that is not my job. When the, when the governor or the candidate said that he didn’t think parents should be deciding what’s being taught in school, he was panned for that. But that’s just the fact. This is why we send our children to school and don’t homeschool, because these are the professional educators who have the expertise to teach social studies, to teach history, to teach science, to teach literature. And I think we should leave that to the educators.”

this seems pretty reasonable to me... if you don't know shit, don't act like you do :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2021, 03:47 AM
this seems pretty reasonable to me... if you don't know shit, don't act like you do :lol:

As long as they're not hellbent on indoctrinating the children they teach in a political philosophy.

Muddy
12-29-2021, 06:42 PM
This CRT is just a big excuse.

RBP
12-29-2021, 07:53 PM
This CRT is just a big excuse.

explain

lost in melb.
12-29-2021, 08:14 PM
Technically, she's correct. But parents deserve a say if 'other stuff' is taught.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2021, 08:56 PM
explain

An excuse for justifying leaving parents out of the loop? An excuse for black people to not work hard and succeed the way Americans are supposed to when chasing the American dream? An excuse for sitting on their asses and complaining about their lot in life and blaming it on the white devils instead of realizing that their shitty lives are just the result of their own shitty choices?

Muddy
12-29-2021, 09:00 PM
explain

It's an excuse for lack of personal responsibility and failure. 'The boogey man is why I cant get ahead.' 1964 was almost 60 years ago.

deebakes
12-30-2021, 12:04 AM
i have two teenagers that i have asked about CRT education here in minnesota in their high school, they have no classes/teachers that touch it at all. despite this, there are tons of parents showing up at school board meetings demanding that it not be discussed. they are complaining about something that is not an actual issue :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2021, 12:53 AM
i have two teenagers that i have asked about CRT education here in minnesota in their high school, they have no classes/teachers that touch it at all. despite this, there are tons of parents showing up at school board meetings demanding that it not be discussed. they are complaining about something that is not an actual issue :shrug:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Muddy
12-30-2021, 01:38 AM

While it's not on the curriculum, I have a specific example where it's still there. I'm on a cell though and can't type all that =ight now

deebakes
12-30-2021, 04:10 AM
hasn't made it here yet

RBP
12-30-2021, 01:28 PM
hasn't made it here yet

I've seen lots of references to MN as not specifically in curriculum, but formative principles. Like Muddy's saying. But again, you're the parent, so if you're comfortable with the kids education, that's what matters.

Muddy
12-30-2021, 02:39 PM
My high schooler was taken into the auditorium and shown this video.. As I understand every high school in the county was shown this trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6IV3jjbi4

RBP
12-30-2021, 02:59 PM
My high schooler was taken into the auditorium and shown this video.. As I understand every high school in the county was shown this trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6IV3jjbi4

SERIOUSLY?!?

Muddy
12-30-2021, 04:33 PM
SERIOUSLY?!?

100%

https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-guilt-video-shown-to-high-school-students-irks-community

But to hear the left talk during our gubernatorial election in the defense of Terry McAuliffe.. "CRT is not being taught in any Virginia schools"