PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz floats Biden impeachment if GOP takes back House

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2022, 11:25 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/y9XImoOl.jpg

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said in an interview Monday that it is likely that Republicans will win back the House in 2022, and said if they do, they will probably consider impeaching President Biden.

Cruz appeared on "Verdict with Ted Cruz," his podcast, and said Democrats "weaponized impeachment" during the Trump administration for partisan purposes, according to the Washington Times.

"One of the real disadvantages of doing that is the more you weaponized it and turn it into a partisan cudgel, you know what’s good for the goose is good for the gander," he said.

He reposted an interview where he put the odds of Republicans taking back the House at 90-10 and 50-50 about taking back the evenly split Senate.

Last September, four House Republicans filed impeachment articles against Biden over his handling of the southern border and the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.

"I filed articles of impeachment against @POTUS based on what I believe to be clear violations of his duties," Rep. Bob Gibbs of Ohio posted on Twitter after filing the impeachment articles. "There are dynamics in Congress preventing this from being debated. But I could not stand by while Biden commits flagrant & deliberate violations of his oath of office."

Republicans accused Democrats of turning to impeachment to hamstring the Trump administration.

Tucker Carlson, the Fox News host, wrote, Democrats "need to keep Donald Trump at the center of the conversation. They're impeaching him so they can continue to give speeches about him. It's that simple."

lost in melb.
01-04-2022, 01:13 PM
:yawn:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2022, 01:42 PM
:yawn:

:dunno:

The democrats are the ones that weaponized impeachment and if the republicans retake the House and Senate, I'm here for it to watch the democrats get a taste of their own medicine.

lost in melb.
01-04-2022, 01:57 PM
:dunno:

The democrats are the ones that weaponized impeachment and if the republicans retake the House and Senate, I'm here for it to watch the democrats get a taste of their own medicine.

This tit for tat won't end well.

Griffin
01-04-2022, 02:21 PM
at least it will end the tit that is occupying the office

Muddy
01-04-2022, 03:23 PM
This tit for tat won't end well.

No, but it's fair game at this point.. You have to treat others how you expect to be treated.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2022, 03:32 PM
at least it will end the tit that is occupying the office

Doubtful....it would be the same way when the democrats tried to impeach Trump, they had the votes in the House but they didn't have the votes in the Senate to convict. If the republicans do retake the Senate, there's no way they will gain 10 seats. It would more than likely be just between 1 and 3, just enough to hold the majority.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-04-2022, 04:41 PM
He wont get reelected, let him die there for now. Waste of time since these things never go anywhere

deebakes
01-05-2022, 12:22 AM
^ this

perrhaps
01-05-2022, 10:08 AM
He wont get reelected, let him die there for now. Waste of time since these things never go anywhere

It's a lot easier and a hell of a lot more fun than actually governing the country.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-05-2022, 03:46 PM
True