PDA

View Full Version : ‘Do not defecate in gardens’: Toilet troubles in strained testing queues

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 01:44 PM
Frank Chung - News.com.au

https://i.imgur.com/2W4kJOg.png

Survivors of Australia’s insane Covid-19 testing queues have shared their gross experiences due to lack of toilet facilities.

A Facebook group, How’s the Testing Queue, where people share updates on testing lines and wait times around Brisbane, has attracted more than 17,000 members.

“Kind of goes without saying, but as someone working next to the Murrarie Testing Clinic, please don’t relieve yourself in our car park, if you are super desperate at least use a garden tree or something,” wrote one man.

“I know there should be more thought put into queue management and bathrooms but the solution isn’t to pee on our cars.”

One person replied, “That is gross. How dreadful,” while another wrote, “Disgusting.”

Another man who said he worked nearby on Metroplex Avenue requested of people waiting in line, “Do not go into parks and gardens to urinate/defecate. It’s disgusting and I have to walk through there to get to my office because I can’t drive to my office.”

He also pleaded with them to “stay the heck out of the cafe on the first roundabout”.

“Local workers use this for lunch and don’t need to be unnecessarily exposed,” he wrote. “There are no toilets there.”

One woman needing the toilet in the queue at Prince Charles Hospital on Thursday asked the group for help. “Any suggestions? Other than an adult nappy,” she wrote.

She added that a cleaner had told her the two portable toilets out the front could not be used “as they are full”.

“Truck has just arrived to empty,” she wrote, with a queasy face emjoi.

One person joked, “Maybe see if one of the nurses can set you up with a catheter? That was my thought yesterday when I was in line! It‘s terrible especially for women.”

In another post, one woman claimed the lack of bathroom facilities had led to her being hospitalised.

“Had to hold for seven hours … ended up with a kidney infection and subsequent sepsis with a trip to hospital,” she wrote.

“If you’re in the car bring vomit bags or sealable waterproof stuff you can go in and towels for privacy and spillage … and if you’re standing in a line alone … good luck.”

https://i.imgur.com/KsfMdnl.png

One person questioned whether even if there were toilets available, “Would people use them?”

“I’m somewhat sure that if you were negative that would quickly change using a public toilet at a Covid testing facility at this current time,” she noted.

Testing centres around the country continue to see massive backlogs as skyrocketing cases of the Omicron variant break daily records.

“It’s 3.45am and Brisbane entertainment centre is currently packed,” one woman wrote on Thursday.

“Logan Hospital has already closed the public line,” another person wrote just before 9am.

After Wednesday’s national cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced that Australians who test positive on an at-home rapid antigen test would no longer be required to follow it up with a PCR test.

“That will take pressure off PCR testing lines,” he said.

Australian authorities have repeatedly emphasised the need to shift focus away daily case numbers to metrics such as hospitalisation rates and deaths.

deebakes
01-07-2022, 03:49 PM
they're closer than a kangaroo apart! :x

lost in melb.
01-12-2022, 08:25 AM
Boy :doh: