PDA

View Full Version : KFC To Launch Plant-Based Beyond Meat Fried Chicken

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 02:52 PM
By Reach Guinto - Foodbeast

https://i.imgur.com/y38JM16.jpg

The demand for more plant-based fast food options keeps ramping up, with KFC now getting in the mix with its new Beyond Fried Chicken debuting on January 10.

This new menu item launch adds an interesting wrinkle to plant-based fast food, as most options have been seen as burgers. But with fried chicken now going green as well, the question is now which other fried chicken chains will follow suit? As a fried chicken aficionado myself, the option of plant-based fried chicken would be a welcome alternative that will help prolong my fried chicken-loving ways.

KFC first tested Beyond Fried Chicken in August 2019 during a limited run in Atlanta. The response then was overwhelming, as it sold out in hours. In 2020, Beyond Fried Chicken was tested at select restaurants in Nashville and Charlotte, garnering the same positive feedback and support.

Beyond Fried Chicken will be available for a limited time and is served with KFC dipping sauce, as a combo with Secret Recipe Fries and a medium drink, or as six and twelve-piece orders, with prices starting at $6.99.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 02:53 PM
If all this plant based food is SOOOOOO GOOD, then why do they have to go out of their way to try and make it taste like meat? It should be able to stand on it's own merits, right? :-k

Notice that you never see anyone trying to make chicken taste like brussel sprouts :lol:

Griffin
01-07-2022, 05:45 PM
but I like brussel sprouts:-s

deebakes
01-07-2022, 05:51 PM
weirdo

Muddy
01-07-2022, 09:29 PM
We have a woman here that is on a vegan diet because animal proteins cause her to have fibromyalgia or something like that.. Not all vegans are wackos.

Griffin
01-07-2022, 09:56 PM
:hand: just said I like like sprouts...not a vegan

deebakes
01-08-2022, 01:45 AM
you're basically the same

Muddy
01-08-2022, 02:57 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2022, 03:57 PM
:hand: just said I like like sprouts...not a veganYou know who would say something like this? A vegan :nono:

deebakes
01-08-2022, 03:59 PM
you know how you can tell someone is a vegan?

don't worry, they'll tell you within the first three things they say about themselves

Hikari Kisugi
01-08-2022, 05:52 PM
None of this shit is chicken, or a burger, or meat, or beef or whatever they should under trade descriptions not be allowed to suggest the meat it mimics.

It isn't meat free beef burgers
It isn't meat meat free chicken

It isn't 'beyond fried chicken' its plants before they were fed to the fucking chickens
its before fried fucking chicken

Cunts
hate this whole lets increase the price of vegetables to ridiculous levels and pretend its meat so we can charge more and idiots think they're doing the world a favour

I've no issues with folks wanting to eat less meat, do that, just don't pretend your very expensive pretend meat is any route to goodness, just fucking eat more veg and less meat you cunt.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2022, 09:00 PM
you know how you can tell someone is a vegan?

don't worry, they'll tell you within the first three things they say about themselves

... and hand you a pamphlet on why eating meat is bad and going vegan is the only way. True story, it happened to me.

Muddy
01-09-2022, 02:31 AM
:lol:

Godfather
01-09-2022, 06:27 AM
I actually kinda think a place like KFC is perfect for this sort of thing.

Beyond isn't going to replace a nice steak... but when you're going for fast food you're not exactly there for high quality meat. It's heavily processed shit, sourced at the lowest possible cost, drenched in MSG and synthetic flavors and colors, frozen and then fried in cheap old oil by a stoned 17 year old, and then we smother it in warm ketchup and bbq sauce that's 90% sugar, gravy that's 90% corn byproduct, and muck it with soggy fries and fountain pop.

I'm not even hating... who doesn't love fast food once in a while, but it's the perfect place for a meat alternative to compete.

RBP
01-09-2022, 01:10 PM
None of this shit is chicken, or a burger, or meat, or beef or whatever they should under trade descriptions not be allowed to suggest the meat it mimics.

It isn't 'beyond fried chicken' its plants before they were fed to the fucking chickens

Cunts
hate this whole lets increase the price of vegetables to ridiculous levels and pretend its meat so we can charge more and idiots think they're doing the world a favour

I've no issues with folks wanting to eat less meat, do that, just don't pretend your very expensive pretend meat is any route to goodness, just fucking eat more veg and less meat you cunt.

I do love a good rant. Right on, brother.

RBP
01-09-2022, 01:12 PM
"meat alternative"

https://i.imgur.com/Nc4x3RY.jpg?1

Muddy
01-09-2022, 09:15 PM
"meat alternative"

https://i.imgur.com/Nc4x3RY.jpg?1

For you maybe...!!

Godfather
01-10-2022, 06:12 AM
Meat alternatives are like a synthetic cock but you want the real juicy thing? :-k

lost in melb.
01-10-2022, 08:23 AM

Cunts

The plan is in a few years they won't have to declare whether it's chicken. ingredients: bla, bla, chicken ( fine print: may be substituted due to seasonal availability)

Godfather
01-13-2022, 07:03 AM
:lol: This kid is so weird I kind of like him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8Sw_s2bnc&t=4s