PDA

View Full Version : NEW POLL: More Than a Third of the Country Gives Biden an ‘F’ for His First Year in Office, Just 11 Percent Give Him an ‘A’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-19-2022, 03:41 PM
By Joe DePaolo - Mediaite

https://i.imgur.com/T9pTf9p.png

One year into his term, more than a third of the country believes President Joe Biden is flunking out, a new survey finds.

According to a Politico/Morning Consult poll out Wednesday, 37 percent of respondents give the president an “F” for the first quarter of his presidency. By contrast, a meager 11 percent give Biden an “A” thus far, while 20 percent give him a “B.” Nearly a third of the country put Biden in the “C” or “D” category — with 18 percent giving the president a “C” and 12 percent giving him a “D.”

At this point in his term, Biden’s failing grade exceeds even former President Donald Trump’s. The 45th president got an “F” from 35 percent of Americans, compared to Biden’s 37 percent.

Biden got his worst marks on the economy, immigration, and “restoring unity” — with 40 percent flunking him in the latter two categories, and 38 percent giving him an “F” on the economy. His best grades came on Covid-19 and health care, where 35 percent and 31 percent respectively gave him an “A” or a “B.”

In other notable takeaways from the Politico/Morning Consult survey, 68 percent of respondents believe the nation is on the “wrong track,” compared to 32 percent who believe it is going in the “right direction.” And overall, Biden’s job approval stands at 40 percent, compared to 56 percent who disapprove.

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2022, 10:07 PM
I give him an F for his entire political career.

RBP
01-19-2022, 11:25 PM
That can't be right, I just listened to Joe say it was a remarkable first year and the polls are wrong. :hand:

lost in melb.
01-19-2022, 11:35 PM
Hanging in there :hand:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCpEMlKngKBMsKTXbW9_gFK6I2hQoBE 9aOJQ&usqp=CAU

RBP
01-19-2022, 11:37 PM
It was almost 2 hours...

deebakes
01-20-2022, 12:16 AM
anyone giving him an 'a' is absolutely delusional

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2022, 06:10 PM
anyone giving him an 'a' is absolutely delusional

Just what I was coming to say...an A....c'mon man

RBP
01-21-2022, 04:01 AM
I give him an F for his entire political career.

I wouldn't. He was a tough on crime and anti-busing. he just lost his will to fight at some point.

Just two years after narrowly winning a Senate seat at the age of 29, Mr. Biden had recently cast two votes to protect the practice of busing to achieve desegregation — despite his own very public unease with it. He thought he had come to Newport simply to address a local civics organization. But when he got there, more than 200 people, organized by a largely white parent group that opposed busing, jeered and heckled Mr. Biden, demanding that he more vocally join their cause.

“If you think I’m in trouble with you people,” he said then, seeking to assure the crowd that he was on their side, “you ought to hear what my liberal friends are telling me.”

The meeting marked a turning point for the young senator, who counted himself a liberal Democrat and an ardent defender of civil rights. Not long after that verbal drubbing, Mr. Biden plunged headfirst into one of the most politically fraught and racially divisive topics in America. He emerged as the Democratic Party’s leading anti-busing crusader — a position that put him in league with Southern segregationists, at odds with liberal Republicans and helped change the dynamic of the Senate, turning even some leaders in his own party against busing as a desegregation tool.

lost in melb.
01-21-2022, 05:57 AM
Gotta say for a senile old man he managed a 2 hour presser quite well ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2022, 11:13 AM
Gotta say for a senile old man he managed a 2 hour presser quite well ;)

:-s

Did you have the volume on mute?

lost in melb.
01-21-2022, 12:43 PM

Did you have the volume on mute?

I stopped at random and he seemed to know what he was talking about :)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2022, 12:45 PM
I stopped at random and he seemed to know what he was talking about :)

Did you only stop and listen when the press was asking questions and not Biden talking?

lost in melb.
01-21-2022, 12:47 PM

Did you only stop and listen when the press was asking questions and not Biden talking?

Please see my answer below:

:beatdown: :beatdown:

DemonGeminiX
01-21-2022, 12:49 PM
Please see my answer below:

:beatdown: :beatdown:

I'm taking that as a "yes". :lol: