PDA

View Full Version : Maine police respond to man carrying his severed arm cut off near shoulder: report

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2022, 12:03 PM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/qumkphj.png

A man in Maine suffered a gruesome injury on Friday after somehow losing one of his arms at about his shoulder and then stumbling on the street carrying the severed limb, according to reports.

The man was not identified. Mary Ann Brenchick, the director of Lewiston Public Works, told the Sun Journal that she believed in "divine intervention" because two arborists who are trained at tying tourniquets were among the first to help the dazed man who was seen with the arm at about 9 a.m. on Maple Street in the city.

The scene was disturbing. The injured man reportedly left behind a trail of blood.

"It couldn’t have been better guys for that kind of situation," Brenchick told the paper. "I really hope it made a difference for that guy."

It is unclear whether surgeons were able to reattach his arm but the man is expected to survive.

Police say the Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2022, 05:46 PM
:shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2022, 05:58 PM
Depending how far he walked, I can't believe he didn't bleed out.

lost in melb.
01-26-2022, 09:56 AM
Fark... :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2022, 12:44 PM
CBS 13 WGME

https://i.imgur.com/8Qn8yAX.png

LEWISTON (WGME) -- OSHA says a man whose arm was severed at a Lewiston market did not work there.

The agency told CBS13 it has ended its investigation into the incident because the man wasn't an employee at AK Market, giving them no jurisdiction to investigate what happened.

In January, 25-year-old Abdiaziz Hussein of Lewiston was saved by city employees who saw him walking down the street carrying his severed arm, which had been cut off near the shoulder, and applied a tourniquet.

According to the Sun Journal, police did not reveal the man's relationship to the market or what led up to the injury but did say it involved a meat-cutting band saw that was used to process meat in the rear of the store.

Lewiston Police say they have also suspended their investigation.

After speaking with numerous witnesses and reviewing hours of both store and neighboring footage, police say it appears the incident was self-inflicted.

Hussein continues to receive treatment.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2022, 12:44 PM
After speaking with numerous witnesses and reviewing hours of both store and neighboring footage, police say it appears the incident was self-inflicted.

:shock:

deebakes
02-10-2022, 01:58 PM
looney tune

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2022, 08:31 PM

That's a hell of a way to try and cut down on his masturbation habit.