PDA

View Full Version : Meet the First Bottled Hot Sauce of Italy

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2022, 02:27 PM
Reach Guinto - Foodbeast

https://i.imgur.com/CzJz2NW.jpg

Hot sauce on pizza is always a great idea. But did you ever think to yourself if there's ever been a hot sauce that's as Italian as the slice you're about to demolish.

Going back some time in Italian history, something called salsa al tornagusto — a Settecento-era hot sauce — was first mentioned in a cookbook by Vincenzo Corrado, a famous and innovative chef at the time, in 1781. It was a saucy mixture that consisted of chili, garlic, vinegar, herbs, spices. Yet surprisingly, no bottled hot sauce has ever hailed from Italy.

Enter Casa Firelli, an Italian hot sauce that's handcrafted and features premium ingredients like Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI and Calabrian chili peppers. The best part is that it's specifically made to be used on pizza.

It's only right that your Italian pizza gets doused in a sauce made to be its perfect match.

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2022, 02:37 PM
I may be in the minority but I really don't care for hot sauce on my pizza. However, I'm down for trying that hot sauce.

Calabrian chili peppers - 25,000 to 40,000 SHUs

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2022, 02:44 PM
I don't care for hot sauce on pizza, but I'll put red pepper flakes on it sometimes.

deebakes
01-25-2022, 02:30 AM
hot sauce on pizza is only acceptable on certain conditions, as a default is disgusting

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2022, 02:59 AM
The Casa Firelli hot sauce is on Amazon... and it's got some terrible reviews.

Godfather
01-25-2022, 03:36 AM
hot sauce on pizza is only acceptable on certain conditions, as a default is disgusting

I love the chilli oil italian restaurants serve with pizza, but usually not huge on hot sauce on pizza. Some Frank's on a bad frozen za is necessary sometimes though to rescue it from being dry and bland.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-25-2022, 06:09 PM
The Casa Firelli hot sauce is on Amazon... and it's got some terrible reviews.

mushrooms in hot sauce :lol:

lost in melb.
01-26-2022, 10:05 AM
:pope:

forgive them