PDA

View Full Version : Joy Reid: 'Absolute worst' Manchin and Sinema 'don't care' about poor people

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2022, 12:20 PM
By Hannah Grossman | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/bs74PJFl.jpg

MSNBC's Joy Reid listed Sens. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., and Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., in her "absolute worst" segment and added that they do not care about the poor on Thursday.

The "ReidOut" host reasoned they must not care about lower-income people because they bottlenecked President Biden's Build Back Better agenda.

She said, "For all the right-wing's hysteria over Joe Biden's handling of the economy, you would never know that it's actually doing pretty great … Inflation has dampened the effects of those good numbers. Republicans and the wealthy, especially the super-rich, … well they like to blame inflation on increased government spending. And yeah, pumping lots of money into the economy at one time can be inflationary."

Reid went on to list another reason why Americans are "struggling right now" – "it's this country's scandalously sparse social safety net."

"And of course, the major reason why we don't have a Build Back Better bill to address all these problems is because Sinema and Manchin have played right into the conservative talking points, with Manchin claiming it will create sky-high inflation," she said.

https://i.imgur.com/yV8XtZEl.jpg

Reid went on to say that Build Back Better would have mulled the harsh effects of inflation for low-income Americans by helping with the costs of childcare, elder care, healthcare, and housing. According to Reid, these provisions are "basic rights that this country should provide and the provisions that are widely popular with the American people.

"You know, the people that Manchin and Sinema clearly don’t care about or think that they answer to," she said.

https://i.imgur.com/OmMkf2Nl.jpg

In addition to BBB, both Manchin and Sinema have sparred with the Democrats' agenda, including most recently their support of maintaining the filibuster, which effectively politically quashed Biden's voting reform legislation.

perrhaps
01-29-2022, 09:58 AM
She's almost, but not quite, Sharptonesque.

lost in melb.
01-29-2022, 10:25 AM
She's almost, but not quite, Sharptonesque.

I'm revealing my ignorance here, but is that a quality to be admired?

DemonGeminiX
01-29-2022, 10:27 AM

I can't speak for perrhaps, but for the rest of us, no, not really.

Griffin
01-29-2022, 11:44 AM
She's a racist cunt that needs to get back in the cookhouse.

DemonGeminiX
01-29-2022, 11:45 AM
She's a racist cunt that needs to get back in the cookhouse.

:lol: There's that.

lost in melb.
01-29-2022, 01:30 PM
:facepalm:

perrhaps
01-30-2022, 08:12 PM

Nope. It means she's a race-baiter who is much more bigoted than 95% of those she attacks.

Or, as my father used to say, she's a hundred pounds of bullshit in a fifty pound bag.

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2022, 10:57 PM
a hundred pounds of bullshit in a fifty pound bag.

My father never said that. At least not that I'm aware of. I'm totally stealing that. Thank you, kind sir