PDA

View Full Version : Hooters waitress blasted for being ‘ungrateful’ for small tips

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2022, 11:57 AM
By Asia Grace - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/6dBJBJk.png

Knockers are digitally blasting this Hooters waitress, accusing her of a lack of gratuity gratitude.

Ali, an employee at one of the famed chicken shack’s locations in Georgia, is reaching viral heights of TikTok infamy after sharing a trending clip of herself complaining about some of the smaller tips she received during a wing-slinging, four-hour shift.

“My first table, I got a $50, which was nice. It was a four-top,” Ali said in a post that’s earned 8 million views.

“My second table, I got $11,” she added, rolling her eyes at the meager amount. “My third table I got $20, and then I got $10 from a really old couple. But, whatever.”

Elsewhere in the video, Ali, alongside her scantily clad co-workers, beamed and boasted over the larger monetary gifts she pocketed — including a $100 bill “from a single guy,” and a massive $300 Venmo deposit from one of her “regulars.”

https://i.imgur.com/sIjyiCa.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HCxeiuf.png

But the server closed the clip by referencing a paltry tip that made her “mad.”

“All right y’all, this one made me mad. But it’s whatever,” she said, holding up a receipt. “They left me $10, wrote it on the bill, scribbled it out and wrote $5 when I walked away. Why?”

In total, Ali — who captioned her popular post “YES, we are grateful we also work out [peach emoji] off” — raked in an impressive $521 during her daytime stint.

But online onlookers were less than impressed by the seemingly “ungrateful” attitude she displayed towards her lesser bonuses.

“Not You being ungrateful for $5 or $10 dollars,” scolded one commenter. “You roll your eyes at 10 when you literally don’t do anything,” scoffed another.

However, more sympathetic commentators urged hungry Hooters patrons to plan on tipping their waitresses generously.

https://i.imgur.com/7FGasfF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3bXvO21.png

“If you go to hooters, expect to tip more lol they have to deal w sexual harassment alllll day for that,” penned an audience member.

“For those who have never worked at hooters (or twin peaks etc) it isn’t the same as a regular serving job. At all. You have to spend money to make,” wrote a woman, presumably citing the beauty and body upkeep expenses Hooters waitresses might incur.

In a separate clip, Ali addresses her haters, saying, “I don’t just make money from Hooters and rely on men for money.” The popular waitress revealed that she’s also a full-time student, and works as a paid social media influencer and a sales representative for an employment company.

But when it comes to stacking up huge tips at her Hooters, she said: “All you have to do is be bubbly, make them feel like you care for them … if you show you care, obviously they’re going to tip you better.”

Griffin
01-31-2022, 12:00 PM
"Knockers" :mrgreen:

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2022, 03:15 PM
Hooters' wings suck anyway. And she ain't all that. I might tip the ungrateful bitch $1, just to be a dick.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2022, 04:12 PM
:roll:

Muddy
01-31-2022, 05:20 PM
Filter girl...

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2022, 08:14 PM
But when it comes to stacking up huge tips at her Hooters, she said: “All you have to do is be bubbly, make them feel like you care for them … if you show you care, obviously they’re going to tip you better.”

A blowjob helps as well. And anal.

deebakes
02-06-2022, 02:19 PM
now the world knows you are a horrible person, congrats

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 09:29 AM
What is she expecting tips for?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2022, 11:28 AM
What is she expecting tips for?

As a server, just like any other restaurant in the States.

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 01:24 PM
As a server, just like any other restaurant in the States.

IF so, those tips she is complaining about are generous in my opinion. (Admittedly, I don't know the full price per table)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2022, 01:46 PM
IF so, those tips she is complaining about are generous in my opinion. (Admittedly, I don't know the full price per table)

Hooters tries to brand itself as a "family restaurant", but if you really break it down, it's more of a sports bar than anything else. We used to go to Hooters a lot back in the day to watch football games. Me and a couple of buddies would go down early and stay all day watching college football on Saturdays and playing the trivia game they had there. It was actually a lot of fun, but you can rack up a decent tab without really realizing it, mostly because of the alcohol. We would just keep the pitchers of beer coming the whole time and the waitress would always come around and keep filling your glass for you. If the girl is cute and personable, they can usually score sizable tips. Between beer and food and spending several hours there watching games, three of us would probably rack up a tab of between $100 and $130 on a Saturday. When if you think about it, isn't really too bad split between three people. And we would have no issue with tipping $40 or $50 on that tab. We were all single and had good jobs, so it's not like money was a real issue. Plus we were regulars there during college football season especially, so we always go great service, but that was also because we were good tippers lol. And we always tipped in cash which most servers prefer anyway.

But I think the girl in the OP is expecting that kind of tip regardless of the bill or how long the people were at the table.

Pony
02-07-2022, 02:04 PM

20% is considered "normal" 25-30% is a good tip.

DemonGeminiX
02-07-2022, 02:31 PM
20% is considered "normal" 25-30% is a good tip.

To me, 20% is normal for fantastic service. I'll normally tip 10-15%. But I generally don't hang out at places. I get what I'm after, then I'm gone.

And that chick in the OP has been buying her own press. Maybe she got used to horny single guys throwing money at her for flirting with them or whatever, but she doesn't realize that what horny drunk guys throw at her undeserving ass isn't the norm. I don't think hookers get paid what she's expecting.

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 02:56 PM
Hooters tries to brand itself as a "family restaurant", but if you really break it down, it's more of a sports bar than anything else. We used to go to Hooters a lot back in the day to watch football games. Me and a couple of buddies would go down early and stay all day watching college football on Saturdays and playing the trivia game they had there. It was actually a lot of fun, but you can rack up a decent tab without really realizing it, mostly because of the alcohol. We would just keep the pitchers of beer coming the whole time and the waitress would always come around and keep filling your glass for you. If the girl is cute and personable, they can usually score sizable tips. Between beer and food and spending several hours there watching games, three of us would probably rack up a tab of between $100 and $130 on a Saturday. When if you think about it, isn't really too bad split between three people. And we would have no issue with tipping $40 or $50 on that tab. We were all single and had good jobs, so it's not like money was a real issue. Plus we were regulars there during college football season especially, so we always go great service, but that was also because we were good tippers lol. And we always tipped in cash which most servers prefer anyway.

But I think the girl in the OP is expecting that kind of tip regardless of the bill or how long the people were at the table.

The good old days :thumbsup:

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 02:57 PM
For me 10 is normal. 15% for fantastic service.

I think I waiters are paid a bit more here, so large tipping is less common.

deebakes
02-08-2022, 02:53 AM
her tits aren't good enough to warrant more than 15%