PDA

View Full Version : Whoopi Goldberg suspended from 'The View' following Holocaust remarks

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2022, 11:12 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/19i9Jgzl.jpg

"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg has been suspended following her controversial remarks about the Holocaust.

"Effective immediately, I am suspending Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks for her wrong and hurtful comments," ABC News president Kim Godwin said in a statement Tuesday evening. "While Whoopi has apologized, I've asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments."

"The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends and communities," Godwin added.
Goldberg went viral on Monday when she argued that the Holocaust "isn't about race," stunning her colleagues at the table.

"What is it about?" co-host Joy Behar asked.

"It’s about man’s inhumanity to man, that’s what it’s about," Goldberg said.

"But it’s about a White supremacist going after Jews and Gypsies," guest co-host Ana Navarro said as Goldberg attempted to speak over her.

"But these are two White groups of people," Goldberg said as her colleagues disagreed.
Jewish groups condemned the comments, accusing her of minimizing Jewish suffering.

Goldberg attempted to explain her remarks during her appearance on "The Late Show."

"It upset a lot of people which was never, ever, ever, ever my intention… I thought we were having a discussion," Goldberg told Stephen Colbert. "I think of race as being something that I can see… "You couldn’t tell who was Jewish. They had to delve deeply to figure it out… My point is, they had to do the work."

She also told Colbert, "I don’t want to fake apologize…I’m very upset that people misunderstood what I was saying."

Before the pre-taped interview aired on CBS, Goldberg issued an apology.

"On today's show, I said the Holocaust ‘is not about race, but about man’s inhumanity to man.' I should have said it is about both," Goldberg wrote in a statement. "As Jonathan Greenblatt from the Anti-Defamation League shared, ‘The Holocaust was about the Nazi's systematic annihilation of the Jewish people - who they deemed to be an inferior race.' I stand corrected."

"The Jewish people around the world have always had my support and that will never [waver]. I'm sorry for the hurt I have caused," Goldberg added.

Goldberg reiterated the sentiment on Tuesday's installment of "The View," saying she "regrets" her comments. ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt also joined the program to educate Goldberg about the Holocaust.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2022, 04:50 PM
Shes not wrong

Muddy
02-03-2022, 02:28 AM
Shes not wrong

I was thinking the same exact fucking thing..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2022, 11:52 AM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/0VBvVlxl.jpg

Leftist Whoopi Goldberg is reportedly furious that she was suspended from ABC’s “The View” over highly controversial remarks that she made about the Holocaust and is telling people that she is going to quit.

Kim Godwin, president of ABC News, said that Goldberg would be suspended “her wrong and hurtful comments” about the Holocaust, which included her repeatedly falsely claiming that the Holocaust was “not about race.”

“While Whoopi has apologized, I’ve asked her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments,” Godwin said. “The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends, family and communities.”

The New York Post reported that a source, described as a well-placed insider, told the newspaper that Goldberg is “livid” and feels “humiliated” over the suspension.

“She feels ABC executives mishandled this. She followed their playbook. She went on ‘The Late Show With Steven Colbert’ and then apologized again on ‘The View’ the next day,” the source told the Post. “Her ego has been hurt and she’s telling people she’s going to quit. Suspension from ‘The View’ is like getting suspended from Bravo. The bar is very low.”

Prior to her suspension, sources that spoke with Page Six said that employees and executives at the company, including insiders at Disney, were furious over her remarks and the fact that she had not been disciplined yet.

“If we’re going to do this, let’s be truthful about it because the Holocaust isn’t about race. No. It’s not about race,” Goldberg said. “It’s not about race. It’s not about race.”

One insider told Page Six that the controversy was not “just going to blow over.”

“ABC staffers and Disney Network execs are saying Whoopi went way too far. And board members are not happy with her apology and want a fuller retraction. The word is that Whoopi is in ‘deep s–t,’” the ABC insider said. “Why does Whoopi seemingly get a pass when others don’t? Perhaps this time she won’t. Many at the network — including her fellow hosts — believe Whoopi is too controversial now for the show.”

“This will cast a shadow over everything for a while. Even Joy Behar was heard saying backstage that Whoopi is ‘dead wrong’ and may not ever recover from this,” the source said. “Joy found this particularly troubling and couldn’t believe Whoopi wouldn’t stand corrected until she was forced.”

Staffers were “incredulous” and have been heard making statements like, “How stoned can she be?”

The report said that insiders are “insisting that her apology isn’t enough and demanding that she be fired.”

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2022, 01:12 PM
Well, let's talk about it. What race were the Jews that the Nazis put in concentration camps? Were they the ethnoreligious Jews that are directly descended from the Middle Eastern Hebrews from antiquity BC? Or were they white European Jews whose bloodlines were largely diluted by centuries of breeding outside of the Jewish ethnicity from ancient times?

Did Hitler care specifically about their race? Or was it about their religion?

Do white Jews of European descent believe they are ethnically Jewish? I think, ethnically, an ethnic Jew would be more Middle Eastern, since that's where they're descended from.

Are these questions we're not supposed to ask? Is it really that horrible to talk about if we're not all historical anthropologists?

Or is it just that Whoopi brought up the racial issue at all? Is this just another case of karma, a leftist reaping what they sow?

Muddy
02-03-2022, 01:25 PM
Well, let's talk about it. What race were the Jews that the Nazis put in concentration camps? Were they the ethnoreligious Jews that are directly descended from the Middle Eastern Hebrews from antiquity BC? Or were they white European Jews whose bloodlines were largely diluted by centuries of breeding outside of the Jewish ethnicity from ancient times?

Did Hitler care specifically about their race? Or was it about their religion?

Do white Jews of European descent believe they are ethnically Jewish? I think, ethnically, an ethnic Jew would be more Middle Eastern, since that's where they're descended from.

Are these questions we're not supposed to ask? Is it really that horrible to talk about if we're not all historical anthropologists?

Or is it just that Whoopi brought up the racial issue at all? Is this just another case of karma, a leftist reaping what they sow?

Did you know that jews don't consider themselves to be white? They think they are their own race. (As I've been told by one)

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Did you know that jews don't consider themselves to be white? They think they are their own race. (As I've been told by one)

And that's probably why Whoopi got in trouble.

So what happens if some ethnically Jewish guy marries a white woman (a converted Jew, if you will, but undeniably Caucasian) and has a son, and then his son marries a white woman (another converted Jew) and they have a son, and that son marries a white woman (another converted Jew) and has a son, and it keeps going on precisely like that over and over again, and then we check the ethnic characteristics of the descendant 30 generations down the line? Is that guy still ethnically Jewish?

Muddy
02-03-2022, 01:38 PM
And that's probably why Whoopi got in trouble.

So what happens if some ethnically Jewish guy marries a white woman (a converted Jew, if you will, but undeniably Caucasian) and has a son, and then his son marries a white woman (another converted Jew) and they have a son, and that son marries a white woman (another converted Jew) and has a son, and it keeps going on precisely like that over and over again, and then we check the ethnic characteristics of the descendant 30 generations down the line? Is that guy still ethnically Jewish?

I think it's a crock of shit. It's a way to separate themselves from what they view was their biggest monster. By their math we'd have 500 races on this planet. I think I read their are only 3 distinct ones, White, Negro, and Asian... And everything else is just a mixture of that.

Pony
02-03-2022, 03:29 PM
Funny how Gina Carano was FIRED over a comment that wasn't as bad as this.

Muddy
02-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Anybody in Hollywood stupid enough to tackle any Jewish situations from the past get what they get.. These people own and run that place and they aren't interested in what your take is on the situation. Carano wasn't fired for her transphobic comments, she was fired for comparing the treatment of Republicans to the situation the Jews went through during WW2. She's a fuggin idiot.

lost in melb.
02-04-2022, 04:54 AM
It's a valid argument. The Germans wanted an excuse to wipe out and to dominate non-Germanic cultures. They deemed Jews to be inferior, but the Jews were thriving and so they invented a bullshit racial thing as an excuse.

Germans are not all blue eyed and blond hair (many Bavarians have brown eyes and darker complexion). Hitler himself had brown hair.

Would I be stupid enough to argue this on social media though?

lost in melb.
02-04-2022, 04:59 AM
Funny how Gina Carano was FIRED over a comment that wasn't as bad as this.

I think it was more the last straw. And not just management - star wars fans didn't like her comments.

RBP
02-04-2022, 09:32 AM
It's a valid argument. The Germans wanted an excuse to wipe out and to dominate non-Germanic cultures. They deemed Jews to be inferior, but the Jews were thriving and so they invented a bullshit racial thing as an excuse.

Germans are not all blue eyed and blond hair (many Bavarians have brown eyes and darker complexion). Hitler himself had brown hair.

Would I be stupid enough to argue this on social media though?

Yes.

Wait. Was the question about your ability to control your behavior on the internet or your level of stupid?

:lol:

lost in melb.
02-04-2022, 10:34 AM
Yes.

Wait. Was the question about your ability to control your behavior on the internet or your level of stupid?

:lol:

Yeah, like anyone important comes to this forum :d

:drunkpost: :bong: :lwank:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2022, 03:48 PM
https://youtu.be/fnTJ7EbcMuQ

lost in melb.
02-05-2022, 04:12 PM
Good cookie.

(Careful what you say though, Bill) :watching:. :villagers:

RBP
02-05-2022, 04:31 PM
I used to watch Bill Maher because the show was entertaining, despite my disagreement with almost every piece of content. Now I agree with him more than I disagree. I didn't change, Bill didn't change, but the politics left us both when they went off the deep end and now we agree on it's stupidity.