PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad (There will be spoilers here)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Goofy
10-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Also loved how it finished where it all began (so to speak), in the meth lab :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
My take on the final scene: to me it felt that, after Walt killed the Nazis and freed Jesse, and he obviously knew he was dying from the gunshot wound, that he went to die in the meth lab because even though he came to terms with the fact that he did this for himself and not for family as he always kept insisting, that he still wanted to be remembered as Heisenberg more than he did Walter White. So by dying in the meth lab with the fact that the blue meth had reappeared, it would appear to law enforcement that it was still all Heisenberg and no one else. It was his empire and he was taking the legacy, especially since there was no one left to argue otherwise.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHRgisdbeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwc0klMRSQ

PorkChopSandwiches
10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I thought it would end with Walter going into the witness protection program, which would lead us into the start of Malcolm in the middle

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I thought it would end with Walter going into the witness protection program, which would lead us into the start of Malcolm in the middle

:hand:

http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?11060-Breaking-Bad-(There-will-be-spoilers-here)&p=472391&viewfull=1#post472391

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Anybody else think that Jesse was gonna plow Walt over in the car just before he (Jesse) drove off like a maniac?

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 03:49 PM
My take on the final scene: to me it felt that, after Walt killed the Nazis and freed Jesse, and he obviously knew he was dying from the gunshot wound, that he went to die in the meth lab because even though he came to terms with the fact that he did this for himself and not for family as he always kept insisting, that he still wanted to be remembered as Heisenberg more than he did Walter White. So by dying in the meth lab with the fact that the blue meth had reappeared, it would appear to law enforcement that it was still all Heisenberg and no one else. It was his empire and he was taking the legacy, especially since there was no one left to argue otherwise.

That's a good observation (mainly, because I thought the same thing :lol:) ....the way he caressed the machine lovingly with a look of fatherly pride in his eyes and when he died with the slight, beatific smile on his face...

to me it was an absolution, a penance...a purging of all that had come before. He made amends the best he could at the end and accomplished his endgame goals.

Only Gilligan and company would know this but I also think his heart was freed when Jesse got away alive....such a short scene between the two of them and Walt acted like a father covering him, then giving him the chance to settle the score and then letting him go :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Anybody else think that Jesse was gonna plow Walt over in the car just before he (Jesse) drove off like a maniac?

Yes....I also thought at one point Jesse would walk back in and shoot Walt.....it would fit in the BB world of holy crap, did that just happen??

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM

I also thought for a sec that Walt was going to brew up a batch and die on the completed product :lol:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Did you guys hear about the finale screening complete with Aaron Paul, The RV and the blue rock candy?

Apparently Paul hid 20 pairs of tickets around Hollywood and Tweeted clues about the locations....one of the locations was in his car, with him holding the tickets :lol:

love that guy

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I also thought for a sec that Walt was going to brew up a batch and die on the completed product :lol:

I thought so too! When he grabbed the gas mask I was like, WTF, is he gonna cook one more batch? :confused:

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 04:02 PM
That's a good observation (mainly, because I thought the same thing :lol:) ....the way he caressed the machine lovingly with a look of fatherly pride in his eyes and when he died with the slight, beatific smile on his face...

to me it was an absolution, a penance...a purging of all that had come before. He made amends the best he could at the end and accomplished his endgame goals.

Only Gilligan and company would know this but I also think his heart was freed when Jesse got away alive....such a short scene between the two of them and Walt acted like a father covering him, then giving him the chance to settle the score and then letting him go :thumbsup:

Walt did a great job in taking care of everything and the show did a great job of tying up loose ends without it feeling forced or contrived. This might possibly be the most perfect TV series ever written from start to finish. Any squabbles over anything during its run were relatively minor and could be overlooked or forgiven. This show went out on its own terms and it did it the right way.

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah people are talking about the train heist, the giant magnet and the finale's trunk machine gun...trying to pick apart the logistics..

Hey, it's like life....sometime amazing and wonderful things happen :lol:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 04:15 PM
The third last ep..Ozzymandias I think it was called, it being heralded as one the best hours on TV (the one where Hank dies, Walt threatens his family etc)

I remember sitting there after it was over thinking...holy fuck, that was intense :lol:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
and a big thanks to PCS for suggesting this series a few years ago....I was intrigued by the camera work at first, then got hooked on the story

thanks mang, a lot of enjoyment from a random forum post :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
The third last ep..Ozzymandias I think it was called, it being heralded as one the best hours on TV (the one where Hank dies, Walt threatens his family etc)

I remember sitting there after it was over thinking...holy fuck, that was intense :lol:

I agree....I like to compare that episode to the Red Wedding episode of GoT...at the time, that Red Wedding episode, the one scene at the end was the most WTF just happened TV episode I had ever watched. Breaking Bad did that for an entire hour on Ozymandius, not just for one scene. I was on edge that entire episode from start to finish.

Goofy
10-01-2013, 04:21 PM

I thought so too! When he grabbed the gas mask I was like, WTF, is he gonna cook one more batch? :confused:

Hahahahaha, me too :lol:

Walt did a great job in taking care of everything and the show did a great job of tying up loose ends without it feeling forced or contrived. This might possibly be the most perfect TV series ever written from start to finish. Any squabbles over anything during its run were relatively minor and could be overlooked or forgiven. This show went out on its own terms and it did it the right way.

:agreed:

tbh i felt pretty much the whole 2nd half of S5 was edge of the seat stuff :thumbsup: Great writing, great locations, great characters, great acting, great show!

deebakes
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
i have never seen this show :oops:

redred
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/89PKdfR.jpg

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
i have never seen this show :oops:

:slap:

Excelllent premise....high school chemistry teacher gets diagnosed with cancer, runs into an old student of his and finds out that the student has been cooking meth. Teacher understands how much money can be made, looks at the current cooking process and revamps it so it's more efficient chemistry-wise....and the next 5 seasons will knock your socks off watching him get deeper into the drug world :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 06:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/89PKdfR.jpg

Huell-9000 :tup:

deebakes
10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
:slap:

Excelllent premise....high school chemistry teacher gets diagnosed with cancer, runs into an old student of his and finds out that the student has been cooking meth. Teacher understands how much money can be made, looks at the current cooking process and revamps it so it's more efficient chemistry-wise....and the next 5 seasons will knock your socks off watching him get deeper into the drug world :thumbsup:

it sounds great, i just haven't carved out the time for it :shrug:

maybe i will try to launch up some netflix. i assume you need to start at the beginning of the series, correct?

Goofy
10-01-2013, 08:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7E2meBs.png

Goofy
10-01-2013, 08:02 PM
i assume you need to start at the beginning of the series, correct?

If you want to know the full story then yes :lol: You ever picked up a 500 page book and started reading at page 430? :P

Goofy
10-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Bottom comment :mrgreen:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6755/fmqi.png (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/fmqi.png/)

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 08:23 PM
:lol: ^^

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
If you want to know the full story then yes :lol: You ever picked up a 500 page book and started reading at page 430? :P

yeah Dee, it's the type of story that has a beginning, middle and an end :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 08:57 PM
If I have one nitpick about the finale, it's that it felt too....not sure what word I am ,looking for....to have Jesse end up killing Todd. Predictable is the word I'm thinking of I guess....that just seemed like that was the easy route to take just to make the fans happy. I knew the second that Todd survived the machine gun barrage that he was going to get killed by Jesse.

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Agreed....I would have preferred that maybe both of them were injured and Jesse picked up a gun and plugged him in the head or similar..

the choking with the handcuffs and the snapping of the neck was a very personal, intimate way to kill someone....I'm sure that figured into the script for Gilligan

after what Jesse was put through for this season....you knew there had to be some retribution :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 09:07 PM
And they came right out and said that after the finale aired, they knew that Jesse was going to survive because of all the shit he was put through during the series, they said that his character had suffered enough.

But I still wish that had gone down differently :lol:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 09:33 PM
it's funny...the most I've read have been recaps after the episodes and the ensuing forum comments under those articles...

I've never seen Talking Bad or even the various Twitter feeds until the show finished this week..

one snippet from a writer who recapped the show weekly absolutely floored me.....she was taking about Walt's phone call to Skyler and she went into great detail about how his words typified the Heisenberg within him and that it was all nasty, selfish, vile poison directed at his wife because he wasn't man enough to tell her in person...

then one guy in the forum below the piece says - Errm, you do know that entire phone call was all for her benefit, to absolve her from any of Walt's business and related deaths?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
It's amazing how many viewers, pros and amateurs, completely didn't get that whole scene.

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 09:43 PM
another guy was mad because he felt they left Jesse's story too open ended...."the cops would have stopped him, he has no money, Brock hates him..."

ffs dude, they wrapped up almost every character's storyline...with a bow in some cases....and you can't imagine what may be ahead for Jesse and leave it at that? :lol:

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 09:57 PM
my prediction - New series featuring Jesse, Badger and Skinny Pete

Sons of Heisenberg: The Chili-Pepper Bandits :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM
another guy was mad because he felt they left Jesse's story too open ended...."the cops would have stopped him, he has no money, Brock hates him..."

ffs dude, they wrapped up almost every character's storyline...with a bow in some cases....and you can't imagine what may be ahead for Jesse and leave it at that? :lol:

If anything, I think Saul got gypped the most as far as closure. Last time we saw him he was leaving the vacuum cleaner shop to go to Nebraska, no hint at anything else or any other scenes after that.

I think Jesse's 'ending' was fine. It showed him driving off maniacally into the night, damaged beyond repair.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 03:03 PM
In the finale I really liked it when Uncle Jack was trying to bargain with Walt about finding and getting his money back and right in mid-sentence Walt puts a bullet in Jack's head :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 03:06 PM
If anything, I think Saul got gypped the most as far as closure. Last time we saw him he was leaving the vacuum cleaner shop to go to Nebraska, no hint at anything else or any other scenes after that.

I think Jesse's 'ending' was fine. It showed him driving off maniacally into the night, damaged beyond repair.

Yeah a little more Saul could of been good considering the spin off is a prequel to his Breaking Bad days. IMO he did a lot of shady things and should have had a bullet ridden comeuppance :lol:

That's the whole thing about BB...it told a story with a beginning, middle and end....the arc of Walter White. The more it settles in, the more I like it.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Okay, here's something that left me confused...when Walt was on the payphone trying to get the address for Gretchen and Elliot, he took off his watch and left it on top of the payphone. Why? :confused:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Okay, here's something that left me confused...when Walt was on the payphone trying to get the address for Gretchen and Elliot, he took off his watch and left it on top of the payphone. Why? :confused:

You know I read a reference about that somewhere...there was actually 2 reasons. I never did go to the site that contained the reasons :lol:

I'll find it...

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:08 PM
"We want your theories on the significance of Walt removing his watch and leaving it behind on the payphone. This, of course, is the watch that Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday, exactly a year prior to this episode."

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
As far as the watch, this comes straight from Vince Gilligan on "Talking Bad"..."Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse."

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:10 PM
nice that they pay attention to the small details :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 04:22 PM
That just seems silly

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Could be a combo of two things....they're filming the scene, someone pipes up and says - Hey wait! Walt wasn't wearing a watch when he was at Denny's....so instead of just cutting the camera and taking off the watch, they thought - Since Jesse gave him that watch, it would probably be thought provoking if Walt just laid it down before the final confrontation with Jesse :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 04:42 PM
No, I mean it's silly because they did it just to placate a bunch of nitpickers that go thru every frame of the show looking for irregularities :hand:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't have caught it....first scene was s05e01 and the follow up was s05e16...almost a year later :lol:

but you know the world was looking at every frame of this series....I do appreciate the attention to detail :thumbsup:

Goofy
10-02-2013, 04:48 PM
I watched S1 E1 & E2 last night............... My name's Goof......... and i'm an addict :oops:

Goofy
10-02-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd actually forgotten how quick-paced the show was right from the very beginning! :)

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 04:49 PM
*as a group*

HI GOOF-Y!

8-[

Goofy
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM
It's been 18 hours since my last fix and i'm beginning to have withdrawals :(

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't worry, I'll be your Breaking Bad sober partner :)

anytime you get that urge to do an episode, you just call me pal and everything will be fine...

(I got some sweeet 720P eps dude, want me to up them for you? :naughty: )

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2013, 05:35 PM
He has Netflix, so he can watch them all in HD already :P

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 05:37 PM
so he already has a good dealer?

:sad2:

Goofy
10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
so he already has a good dealer?

:sad2:

Yeah, i'm well hooked up mate :cool:

Hal-9000
10-03-2013, 10:17 PM
:hand: my episodes are 96% pure

deebakes
10-04-2013, 02:49 AM
just watched the pilot on netflix and have a bad feeling about productivity over the next few weeks :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Saw this as a caption on a BB collage of photos:

Breaking Bad alternate ending: *Walt slides card across table. "This is an IHOP gift card with $9,400,000 on it. It belongs to Walter Jr."

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 02:08 PM
:rofl:

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 02:09 PM
just watched the pilot on netflix and have a bad feeling about productivity over the next few weeks :lol:

and the show gets better with each season...the effect will become exponential :lol:

deebakes
10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
it's kind of nice that i won't have to wait really for any episodes for the entire run of the show :lol:

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 03:25 PM
it's kind of nice that i won't have to wait really for any episodes for the entire run of the show :lol:

that's the worst...I've caught up on a few series that have already aired 3 or 4 seasons by downloading them all....so you get through about 40 episodes in a week or two, then have to wait an eternity for each new episode to air weekly :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2013, 04:31 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/Breaking%20Bad%20Laser%20Cats.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gwsgtoJ.jpg

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 04:55 PM
they actually ran that?

:lol: nice

Goofy
10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
I put S1 on a flash drive for my mum after she asked about it........ shes just asked me for S2........ damn, i'm so proud :(

redred
10-04-2013, 08:51 PM

i did that and finished season 5 ep 15 on the sunday that ep 16 was aired next day i'd finished pretty much the same time as everyone else

Hal-9000
10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
I put S1 on a flash drive for my mum after she asked about it........ shes just asked me for S2........ damn, i'm so proud :(

your Ma = cool

deebakes
10-05-2013, 12:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KmB1vcQ.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/EQuYA30.gif

deebakes
10-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Finished season 1 last night :lol:

Hal-9000
10-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I can hardly wait to rewatch :lol:

deebakes
10-08-2013, 02:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uOlb7Eo.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
10-30-2013, 07:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EHslOqJ.jpg

deebakes
10-30-2013, 08:28 PM
:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Pretty good costume

Hal-9000
10-30-2013, 10:34 PM
awesome....just awesome costume :lol:

Muddy
11-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Fin. :cheers:

Hal-9000
11-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Fin. :cheers:

5 seasons in a month

Welcome to the machine :lol:

Muddy
11-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Good stuff.. Sad to see Walt Jr. hate his dad in the end though.. heart breaking too that he didnt get to know holly.

Hal-9000
11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
IMO one of the few shows that went past 2 seasons and had a logical story arc, culminating with the inevitable :thumbsup:

He hurt those around him the most and ended up dying...the writers didn't wrap it up with a feelgood bow and I liked that.

Muddy
11-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Soooo... Your top 3 favorite characters.?

Hal-9000
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Gus Fring

Gayle

Badger

Muddy
11-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Walt

Gus

Todd

But really I could name a shitload more...

Hal-9000
11-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Anthony Hopkins sent a long letter to Bryan Cranston commending him on his acting and the show

the 5 season arc he played has been one of my favorite performances in TV and movies....he was, Walter White

Muddy
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, you see Cranston at the awards clean shaven and all that and it's odd...

Hal-9000
11-11-2013, 05:48 PM
loved Jesse's last scene leaving the compound...scream of relief, happiness and fuck you bitchez all rolled up into one :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17aiq9_breaking-bad-fin-alternative-vostfr_tv

deebakes
11-19-2013, 03:19 AM
i'm still on season 3 :lol:

Lambchop
12-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Loved the show from day 1.

Only issue I have (and I know not many agree) is that they revealed the ricin and M60 plot before the finale aired during the flash-forward scenes. While this helped to stir up some hype it also watered down the ending for me as I felt I already knew 2/3 of what was going to happen.

... but I still love the show, so don't kill me.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5_-IJaWpJo

(probably already been posted?)

Hal-9000
12-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Loved the show from day 1.

Only issue I have (and I know not many agree) is that they revealed the ricin and M60 plot before the finale aired during the flash-forward scenes. While this helped to stir up some hype it also watered down the ending for me as I felt I already knew 2/3 of what was going to happen.

... but I still love the show, so don't kill me.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5_-IJaWpJo

(probably already been posted?)

I thought the foreshadowing created a sense of unease and made me yearn for the upcoming episodes...not many shows can do it properly :thumbsup:

MrsM
01-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Finally finished the series last night - loved it!

Would have been nice to have a few flash forwards to see how the family makes out, does the family get the money when Jr reaches 18 etc.

Hal-9000
01-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Finally finished the series last night - loved it!

Would have been nice to have a few flash forwards to see how the family makes out, does the family get the money when Jr reaches 18 etc.

I thought showing Skyler in the small basement place, their home wrecked and vandalized, Walt Jr not talking to his Dad...the overall stigma the family has to live with because of Walt's actions was beautifully done.

The only thing I found missing from the end episodes was the fate of Marie. If they gave that girl a gun after Hank bit it...ooooh nelly! :lol:

Godfather
01-31-2014, 05:29 AM
So I mentioned in another thread that my girlfriend's father had to have a tumor removed a few days ago. Well, the pathology came back this week and it's not good. It's been a really hard week.

Anyways, he's a very active guy, not the sit-around and be lazy or feel sorry for yourself type, but he'll start chemo soon and that's going to slow him down. So... she got him a new device for his TV that plays Netflix and made a few recommendations. After talking up this show for months they finally decided to watch Breaking Bad together from episode one.

Breaking.Bad. It wasn't until 5 minutes into the plot she remembered the plot and realized what she had done :lol: It was very blonde of her. All they can do now is laugh, he's got a great sense of humor and sees the irony in it. I thought that was funny though, had to share and didn't know where else to put it.

redred
01-31-2014, 07:02 AM
So is he going to start making meth now :lol:

Goofy
05-15-2015, 07:55 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Met%C3%A1stasis

Wonder if i can find subtitles for it :lol:

Fodster
05-17-2015, 05:00 AM
Probably seen this before but first time for me :nana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzhW20hLp6M