PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad (There will be spoilers here)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to start a thread for this awesome show. Me and Hal were discussing it in the Last TV show thread, but it sucks having to hide everything in spoiler tags :lol:

And now that I am completely caught up with the series, I don't have to worry about massive spoilers.

I love the way the show pays homage to so many great shows/movies during some of the episodes. Sometimes subtly and sometimes very noticeable. In the most recent episode it felt like some tribute to Sergio Leone and the great Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Plus it felt like a bit of Taxi Driver thrown in as well.

I was a little disappointed that this weeks episode was a bit anti-climactic after the amazing premiere, but I have a feeling the show will be going to a dark place for awhile.

MrsM
07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
I have only seen E01 of this season - but I love it :tup:.

It will be interesting to see how dark it gets

Hal-9000
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I've noticed the cinematography since day one.The choice of camera angles and subject matter is great.The foreshadowing shots with the guys in Hazmat suits pulling stuff out of the pool (burned teddy bear) before the plane disaster that occurred episodes later? Brilliant IMO.

The episode with the bell also stands out in my mind.Walt and Jesse are in the shack with crazy meth snorting nephew and the disabled uncle
who could only communicate by ringing the bell.That bell sound extended into the closing credits.Nerve wracking to say the least considering the
scene.

This show can do no wrong by me :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Jesse is starting to crack....and I loved the new Skyler :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Saul's suit 'n tie this episode....whoa :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Jesse is starting to crack....and I loved the new Skyler :thumbsup:

Yeah, he is not in a good place right now. When he walked into his house with that nightmare of a mess inside and he didn't even blink...

Hal-9000
08-03-2011, 02:01 AM
He's welcoming the nightmare...you notice how he gets a little pumped when the partiers are starting to go a little animal?

and when he threw the dollar bills?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Yeah, he's definitely heading for a breakdown sometime soon.

And the scene with Gus sitting out in the car (plus the fact there are now cameras in the lab)....do you think Mike said anything to him about the conversation he and Walt had in the bar?

Hal-9000
08-03-2011, 02:06 AM
I couldn't tell about Gus, you know he put in the cameras just to rankle Walt, he doesn't need to spy on them..

One subtle line that caught my eye...When Jesse asked Walt if he wanted to do something after work.Only 3 seasons in
and after going through absolute hell together :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2011, 02:09 AM
That was another good scene....Jesse telling Walt that you get used to getting your ass kicked. Definitely not a good thing for Jesse to be saying stuff like that.

And great closing scene with Hank reading Gale's lab notes...I wonder just how detailed his notes are.

Hal-9000
08-03-2011, 02:13 AM
You know that Hank is going to connect something...he sure is treating his wife like shit.

I love his wife :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I know Hank's wife likes to steal things, but I don't understand that whole tangent story of her going to open houses and making up stories about herself just so she could steal worthless items? :confused:

Is it because Hank is treating is treating her like shit?

Hal-9000
08-07-2011, 01:53 AM
I know Hank's wife likes to steal things, but I don't understand that whole tangent story of her going to open houses and making up stories about herself just so she could steal worthless items? :confused:

Is it because Hank is treating is treating her like shit?

I think they portray it as a stress reaction when she's not getting along with Hank.He's injured and being a total dick to her, seems like that's her way to vent.Love her stories :lol: Yes my husband works for Nasa..

Hal-9000
08-09-2011, 06:49 PM
August 7th episode..

The scene with Walt and his wife was great.And yes Hank is getting closer...

also, you gotta love Mike as the world weary hitman/cleaner :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Great episode, and although the scene with Walt and Skyler was comical, Skyler is getting on my nerves.

I'm not sure if Hank is getting closer or not. One minu7te it seems like he is, then at another time, it seems like he isn't. When he showed Walt his (Walt's) initials in the lab notes, the look on his face said he was close....but then when Walt mentioned the poet Whitman, it seemed like Hank bought it, so I dunno :confused:

And it certainly doesn't look good for Jesse.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
You know, the more I think about it, the more that I lean towards maybe Hank knows/suspects more than he's letting on. Maybe his (mistaken...on purpose?) reference to The French Connection was his way of telling Walt that he doesn't want to have to kill/arrest Heisenberg because Hank knows/suspects that Walt is indeed Heisenberg?

Or maybe I'm getting too deep now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Breaking Bad Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
by Tierney Bricker - E! Online

Breaking Bad fans, prepare for one final fix. A 16 episode-long fix.

AMC renewed the critically acclaimed drama for a fifth and final season, the network announced Sunday. The final season will begin in early 2012 and AMC has yet to schedule the premiere date.

"It's a funny irony, I'd hate to know the date of my own last day on Earth, but I'm delighted to know what Walter White's will be—episodically speaking," showrunner Vince Gilligan says in a statement. "This is a great gift to me and to my wonderful writers. It's knowledge which will allow us to properly build our story to a satisfying conclusion. Now, if we don't manage to pull that off, we've got no one to blame but ourselves."

The president of AMC Charlie Collier also released a statement, saying, "While it is sad to even contemplate the end of this series, we are so happy to have had the chance to go on this ride, and truly look forward to presenting the rest of this amazing story."

The season four premiere of Breaking Bad garnered the highest ratings ever for the series.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 01:50 AM
The last episode :-k

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
You know, the more I think about it, the more that I lean towards maybe Hank knows/suspects more than he's letting on. Maybe his (mistaken...on purpose?) reference to The French Connection was his way of telling Walt that he doesn't want to have to kill/arrest Heisenberg because Hank knows/suspects that Walt is indeed Heisenberg?

Or maybe I'm getting too deep now :lol:

Part of him doesn't want to know that...his wife and Walt's being sisters and all.I think the same thing.

just give Walt some more boooze and he'll have all the evidence he needs :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
No kidding....WTF was up with his drunken ramblings like that at dinner? Why not just come out and say he's Heisenberg FFS

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Remember at the pool party?
Walt is a mean drunk :lol:

On the recent ep Hank was complimenting Heisenberg calling him a genius and it seemed that Walt was offended that Gale was considered the man...
Seems to ring true...Walt's character went through cancer, then the loss of his wife/her affair and now his 'gambling addiction'.At one point a man has to be proud of himself

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but he was basically getting off scott-free with everything being pinned on Gale. But then he lets pride get in the way? Just seems....contrived.

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I sure like the character of Mike the cleaner upper dude/hitman/money collector

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Yup, I like him too :thumbsup:

Not sure what that whole adventure was to make Jesse a "hero" tho was for

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 04:51 PM
IMO that was Gus demonstrating something to Walt.The whole thing was a setup as Mike found out...and he won't ask why.

btw...I drive that exact forklift that Walt was having problems with :lol: It's our newest model

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Yup, I like him too :thumbsup:

Not sure what that whole adventure was to make Jesse a "hero" tho was for

I thought it was just to see if he was worth keeping around

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 04:53 PM

Could be, could be :thumbsup:

I suspect Mr Fring has more diabolical motives...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
IMO that was Gus demonstrating something to Walt.The whole thing was a setup as Mike found out...and he won't ask why.

Yeah, I would think that had to be it, since Mike said that Jessie had become a liability prior to their day out. Maybe he wanted to see if Jessie would do right by him if put in a bad situation.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Could be, could be :thumbsup:

I suspect Mr Fring has more diabolical motives...

He has cameras everywhere :shock:

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
wait...Gus hates Walt

maybe this is a plan to install Jesse as the head guy? Get rid of Walt because Jesse can cook and be a badass too...

:shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Walt has killed more people then Jesse ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
wait...Gus hates Walt

maybe this is a plan to install Jesse as the head guy? Get rid of Walt because Jesse can cook and be a badass too...

Walt has killed more people then Jesse ;)

Yup, and when Jesse killed Gale he went into full breakdown mode

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 07:23 PM
cause he's a little bitch :lol:

When he was being a "hero" he was only trying to save his own ass

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah, he's not nearly the tough guy he thinks he is. Walt is way more badass...like when he saved Jesse's ass in Gus's territory by running down those 2 dealers...and then getting out and shooting the one that was still alive right in the head. The whole time Jesse was just standing there stunned.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Yeah, he's not nearly the tough guy he thinks he is. Walt is way more badass...like when he saved Jesse's ass in Gus's territory by running down those 2 dealers...and then getting out and shooting the one that was still alive right in the head. The whole time Jesse was just standing there stunned.

Thats the part I was thinking of exactly when I wrote the previous.

Didnt he kill that mexican dude Tuco also

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Thats the part I was thinking of exactly when I wrote the previous.

Didnt he kill that mexican dude Tuco also

Hank took care of Tuco in the outside shootout around the car :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-17-2011, 08:57 PM
cause he's a little bitch :lol:

When he was being a "hero" he was only trying to save his own ass

reminds me of Eminem TBH :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Hank took care of Tuco in the outside shootout around the car :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 02:15 PM
I think Walt is losing it :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Someone please enlighten me about the scene with Jesse and Mike at that meth house. When Jesse tells Mike that he knows how to deal with meth heads and heads over with the shovel and starts digging a hole. I don't understand why the meth guy asked Jesse what he was digging for and then all Jesse tells him is "you know what for".

And now the meth head guy is all entranced by Jesse digging the hole and wants to help? :confused:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Someone please enlighten me about the scene with Jesse and Mike at that meth house. When Jesse tells Mike that he knows how to deal with meth heads and heads over with the shovel and starts digging a hole. I don't understand why the meth guy asked Jesse what he was digging for and then all Jesse tells him is "you know what for".

And now the meth head guy is all entranced by Jesse digging the hole and wants to help? :confused:

When you are "tweeked out", especially for a few days without sleep. Your brain is going a million miles an hour. Him starting to dig a hole in the yard, he knew would spark "curiosity" and get the guy to come out. When he said "you know" that was just to plant a seed in his head. He didn't know WTF the guys would think it was for, but he knew he would think it was for something. I especially liked that scene, and thought it played pretty true to life.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Ah, that makes sense then, thanks :thumbsup:

I thought it was a good scene too, but it had me a bit confused :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Pick up some meth, lock yourself away for 5 days, then you will have a whole new side to relate to on the show :twisted:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 09:01 PM
:-k :-k

I'll pass :hand:

AntZ
08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Two weeks in a row now, the show has left me a little empty and down.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Two weeks in a row now, the show has left me a little empty and down.

I think they are setting up a showdown between Walt and Jesse

AntZ
08-22-2011, 09:44 PM
I think they are setting up a showdown between Walt and Jesse

My wife asked me that tonight, I told her that it seems Gus is now grooming Jesse to take over. Gus will not let Walt go unpunished for what he did.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2011, 09:46 PM
My wife asked me that tonight, I told her that it seems Gus is now grooming Jesse to take over. Gus will not let Walt go unpunished for what he did.

I don't know if Gus is grooming Jesse to be the head cook, or if he's grooming him to take over for Mike :-k

Notice how Mike seems to be coughing a lot lately? I'm thinking he could be seriously ill :-k

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 04:15 PM
I was right, Gus is just trying to drive a wedge in between Walt and Jesse.Gus doesn't respect Jesse....he's a druggie, unpredictable and just the type of guy Gus hates.

Mike is awesome...get this sense he may not live to see the next season..

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Someone want to explain to me what Skyler was doing with the coin and the 4 States?

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Someone want to explain to me what Skyler was doing with the coin and the 4 States?

She was going to leave to whatever state it landed, but as you saw twice it landed on a the same state that was New Mexico, so she moved it back and went home. She just another annoying drama queen, I cant wait until Walt "knocks on her door" :twisted:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
She was going to leave to whatever state it landed, but as you saw twice it landed on a the same state that was New Mexico, so she moved it back and went home. She just another annoying drama queen, I cant wait until Walt "knocks on her door" :twisted:

AWESOME LINE....

and I'm the guy who knocks...

agreed on the drama queen stuff, hopefully Gus kills her or something to make a point to Walt

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Its fucked up to say, but I would be fine with that. She needs to STFU and just be the wife.

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
I would be tapping Hank's little klepto wife right about now :lol:

you see her ass in those yellow/brown pants? wowsers

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 05:40 PM
She needs a good railing, I want to smack the shit out of her husband....he is such a dick

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 05:42 PM
You notice he's coming back to being somewhat civil when he's got some cop work to do?
He even said please and thanks when she was getting stuff for him...:|

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 05:44 PM
He just pisses me off how he is nice to everyone, and a complete dick to her. She does everything for him, but somehow this whole thing is her fault.

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Ya for sure...I've actually been through similar when I was having some medical problems....treated my Mom badly :oops:

Took a lot of apologizing (from me) and understanding on her part I tell you

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 06:09 PM

It landed on Colorado twice :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
It landed on Colorado twice :nono:

That was a typo, I meant wasn't, I just couldnt remember where it did land :oops:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
She hit Colorado twice and still needed a re-do?

don't blame her :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 06:15 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
She hit Colorado twice and still needed a re-do?

don't blame her :lol:

:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
I hate Skylar too....with the way Walt slowly seems to be losing it, it wouldn't surprise me if he kills her. I know I would

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Not much of a spoiler...the producers said that Walt this season would be toughening up...and I won't relate the rest of the sentence because it infers much.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I read they signed them for one more, but final season :)

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah and I almost hate hearing that a series has a definitive end point.They usually kill off half of the cast or something similar :lol:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Hopefully he teaches Walt Junior the meth trade

PorkChopSandwiches
It will be Walt taking over the chicken business :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
Not much of a spoiler...the producers said that Walt this season would be toughening up...and I won't relate the rest of the sentence because it infers much.

Yeah, and another minor-ish spoiler I read made it sound like they are definitely setting up some kinda confrontation between Walt and Jesse

I read they signed them for one more, but final season :)

Yeah, only one more season then it's gone :(

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Hopefully he teaches Walt Junior the meth trade

That gimps not worth a shit :twisted:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
well since you guys have more spoily things than me.....piss off :lol:
I read that Walt will get tougher and become more like a Scarface character.

That can imply a lot and personally, I think he's gonna take out Gus.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
You know what pisses me off about Skylar too? One minute she's all into being the wife of some gangster and then the next she paranoid about little things. Make up your mind dammit :x

Like how is it plausible that they were able to buy that car wash and pay off all Walt's medical bills, but it's over the top when Walt buys a bottle of champagne and a car for his kid? :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
08-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Good point Lance (other than the one on your head)

I thought the same thing...850G for a carwash but that bottle of booze will get them jailtime.

Walt junior's car may be a bit much seeing how Walt is supposed to be a reformed gambler...but you can always say the money was made months ago.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-23-2011, 07:36 PM
You know what pisses me off about Skylar too? One minute she's all into being the wife of some gangster and then the next she paranoid about little things. Make up your mind dammit :x

Like how is it plausible that they were able to buy that car wash and pay off all Walt's medical bills, but it's over the top when Walt buys a bottle of champagne and a car for his kid? :rolleyes:

Exactly, she is a retard

Teh One Who Knocks
08-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah and I almost hate hearing that a series has a definitive end point.They usually kill off half of the cast or something similar :lol:

Yeah, unfortunately that's the way it seems to go...if I had to guess, I would think Mike is the best bet to die this season (as I mentioned earlier, he seems sick with something), but after that I dunno :-k

Maybe Jesse? :-k

Godfather
08-30-2011, 12:20 AM
OMG OMG OMG

Just started watching today... I'm on Season 1 Episode 6 already :shock: Not a very productive day off but I'm in love with this show.

It's more like a great movie than a TV series

Hal-9000
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I howled at the beginning of this scene :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/QTLeF.jpg

Heavy episode, I especially liked Jesse's speech at the N.A. meeting.He brought up some things I agree strongly with.

And it seems Mr Fring is in shit with the cartel :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
Yeah, Walt is really losing it

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Didn't you love the scene with Walt and Jesse?

Jesse - You can stop the salespitch..I'll kill him.
Walt - :shock:

I may be seeing it differently Lance.Walt understands his life and his family's lives are in serious danger.Like most dealings in the drug world, shit goes south real quick if you're not careful.

I really think he took the Challenger out for a boot for only one reason - Bitch-Skylar said right before he left - And Walt, don't do anything stupid returning the car.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Yeah, maybe so....but instead of just getting the car unstuck he blows it up instead? :-s

That's over the edge :hand:

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:28 AM
I think that's it exactly :lol:

I see it this way.Walt has been a meek, underpaid chemistry teacher his entire life.His friends screwed him over with the potential patent/idea for the science thingy.
He gets cancer and is pretty much written off for dead.Then he realizes how much his weekly cancer treatments cost...

He starts making meth and finds out he's not only good, he's the best.And then the cash starts rolling in.Then his wife kicks him out and bones her old boss.

All of these things are huge hits on the male ego.....notice he gets aggressive and mouthy when drunk? (who doesn't? :lol:) To me, that's the Id and Superego escaping.
He's had a lifetime of struggling and getting walked on.Now even his DEA friend Hank is giving him a roundabout compliment by saying that Heisenberg is a genius at his craft.

I can see the progression and if it was me...all that money, bitchy wife, shitty life...I'd be stretching my wings too.The stuff with Gus compounds it.Gus is treating him like a child,
not talking to him, watching him on video...

The toasting of the car of symbolic in a lot of ways (to me)...he doesn't even care when Saul is tallying what his little escapade costs...52 grand? Shut up and take it :lol:

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:40 AM
I loved the scene where Walt brings in the cash to the carwash and Skylar starts giving him shit about the volume....he stands his ground and says - deal with it :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-31-2011, 02:41 AM
I loved the scene where Walt brings in the cash to the carwash and Skylar starts giving him shit about the volume....he stands his ground and says - deal with it :lol:

This is the arrangement.... brilliant

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:44 AM
and I must say...Jesse's character is becoming better every week.He started as an annoying punk and is maturing to the point of agreeing to cap Gus' ass.

I like how Walt tries to handle the Gus situation.He suggests the poison, which is a totally stupid and almost impossible solution.It makes sense for the character
because he really doesn't know how to handle it well.

and Hank keeping the Los Pollos cup was excellent :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:45 AM
This is the arrangement.... brilliant

You make 7.234 million dollars a year????

7.5 million....whatever :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 01:44 PM
I really think that Gus is trying to pull Jesse towards his 'camp'....maybe so that Gus can be rid of Walt and have Jesse take his place?

And even though Jesse agreed to kill Gus, I think he is having real doubts about it and questioning who he should really be loyal to (Gus or Walt).

Plus, do you think Hank still suspects Walt (it has never been confirmed that he ever suspected Walt, but some of the looks he gave him at times sure made it look like he suspected Walt of something) or are all his suspicions focused on Gus now? :-k

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM
too early...I'll be back later with a brain

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
too early...I'll be back later with a brain

http://i.imgur.com/bhcSO.jpg

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 09:34 PM
I really think that Gus is trying to pull Jesse towards his 'camp'....maybe so that Gus can be rid of Walt and have Jesse take his place?

And even though Jesse agreed to kill Gus, I think he is having real doubts about it and questioning who he should really be loyal to (Gus or Walt).

Plus, do you think Hank still suspects Walt (it has never been confirmed that he ever suspected Walt, but some of the looks he gave him at times sure made it look like he suspected Walt of something) or are all his suspicions focused on Gus now? :-k

I thought the same about Gus driving the wedge in between Walt and Jesse...for what reason, who knows? I do know that he wants to piss off Walt.Maybe Gus will try to bribe Jesse into killing Walt...

I think Hank has an open mind, but doesn't actually think that Walt is involved in the Heisenberg business.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, my question is, is Jesse only a pawn to Gus, or does he really see something in Jesse and he's grooming him for promotion? :-k

And what do you think Gus's answer was to the cartel rep? I'm guessing there's gonna be a war.

Hal-9000
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm thinking pawn only...Gus is way too smart to employ a loudmouth punk like him.

and ohhhh yes, a war it is :lol:

Godfather
09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm on Season 2, Episode 9 :mrgreen:

Friggin' love this show. Walt is becoming a hard ass! He's a little scary.

Hal-9000
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm on Season 2, Episode 9 :mrgreen:

Friggin' love this show. Walt is becoming a hard ass! He's a little scary.

One of my faves GF...and it gets more intense as the seasons go on :thumbsup:

Godfather
09-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah eh, that was a good one

Walt's cancer is in remission now :shock: But he's even more of a dick than ever. Feeding alcohol to his sick son now?

You know, Walt is a self professed liar and coward. But every time something confronts him, I find myself going "TELL THE FUGGIN' TRUTH THIS ONCE MAN"... and it never happens :lol:

I think Walt is a great character because he really is that broken...

Hal-9000
09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I like his bro in law Hank, the DEA agent :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM
The rest of this season is gonna be awesome :thumbsup:

I think someone major might die before this season is over :-k

Hal-9000
09-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Great episode...I love the actor who plays Gus.Smiley happy face guy one minute and then dead serious the next.

I also liked the flashback scenes and him visiting Tuco's Uncle in the present.Notice that bell sound throughout the episode?

Godfather
09-06-2011, 04:47 AM
Just watched Season 3 Episode 7 :mrgreen:

Hank has really grown on me too.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Great episode...I love the actor who plays Gus.Smiley happy face guy one minute and then dead serious the next.

I also liked the flashback scenes and him visiting Tuco's Uncle in the present.Notice that bell sound throughout the episode?

I missed the bell :dammit:

That whole flashback was a tense and very well done scene. Loved it.

That text message that Jesse got (and Walt checked)...what do you think it means? Is Jesse just telling Walt what he wants to hear and is conspiring against Walt behind his back with Mike and Gus? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
What do you think Gus meant when he asked Hector "Is today the day?" :-k

Hal-9000
09-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I missed the bell :dammit:

That whole flashback was a tense and very well done scene. Loved it.

That text message that Jesse got (and Walt checked)...what do you think it means? Is Jesse just telling Walt what he wants to hear and is conspiring against Walt behind his back with Mike and Gus? :-k

I heard the bell sound very subtly interlaced throughout the episode...during a song, in the elevator with Gus, almost like wind chimes..

For the text I assume 'restricted' is Mike and he was letting Jesse know that something wasn't going to happen...I thought the same, maybe it's a plan against Walt.The whole episode was full of tension...especially the scene where Hank wants Walt to plant the GPS unit.When Mike pulled up, my sphincter contracted.

Hal-9000
09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
What do you think Gus meant when he asked Hector "Is today the day?" :-k

The day Hector dies? It is going to be important whatever it is....that Gus is so smart he's creepy

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
The day Hector dies? It is going to be important whatever it is....that Gus is so smart he's creepy

Yeah, I dunno what it means...it was just cryptic enough to :confused:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I heard the bell sound very subtly interlaced throughout the episode...during a song, in the elevator with Gus, almost like wind chimes..

For the text I assume 'restricted' is Mike and he was letting Jesse know that something wasn't going to happen...I thought the same, maybe it's a plan against Walt.The whole episode was full of tension...especially the scene where Hank wants Walt to plant the GPS unit.When Mike pulled up, my sphincter contracted.

Yeah, even though Walt wants Gus dead, it's funny that he's still afraid of him enough that when he saw Mike in the lot, that he went inside hoping to find Gus and let him know that he didn't plant the tracking device.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, even though Walt wants Gus dead, it's funny that he's still afraid of him enough that when he saw Mike in the lot, that he went inside hoping to find Gus and let him know that he didn't plant the tracking device.

He still wants Jesse to be able to get him.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2011, 07:32 PM
He still wants Jesse to be able to get him.

I think by Walt reading that text that Jesse got, the seed has now been planted in Walt's head that Jesse may not be 100% on his side anymore.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2011, 07:33 PM

I thought it was more like Jesse was going to take care of it, and had a plan. But, Walt is busting in acting all crazy so Jesse just went into quite mode and was just blowing him off....for now

Godfather
09-07-2011, 07:02 AM
S03E13 .... Holy God Walt just rolled up :shock: Bad ass

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Soooooo....show down between Walt and Jesse at the end of this season? :-k

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 03:21 PM
GREAT episode....
As Lance metnioned, every scene was intense.I even liked Skylar's portrayal of the dumb blond that wasn't really that dumb.

The scenes with Gus have to be my favorites...in the dinner scene with Jesse the actor who portrays Gus went through 3 emotions in one sentence....anger, kindness and curiosity.
All scenes taken individually were stressful, what a great show.

and of course Mike was awesome as usual :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Only 4 more episodes left to this season now....it definitely looks like it is heading towards a showdown, possibly between multiple characters.

It's amazing how Walt and now Jesse (in the dinner scene) kinda stand up to Gus. Gus would scare the hell outta me and I don't think he is the kinda person I would wanna give any lip to.

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah even when Gus smiles he's menacing :lol:

sure liked the 'Terminator' scene when he walked towards the sniper....he looked defiant and scared, all at the same time.

One thing that kills me.....have you ever noticed that Walt and Jesse never have a real conversation? It always degrades into yelling or Jesse just not knowing how to communicate :lol:
Their fight was awesome.I imagined the old Star Trek fighting music throughout that scene.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
That was a great scene :thumbsup:

And Jesse finally grew some balls when it comes to Walt....

Jesse: Can you walk?
Walt: Yeah
Jesse: Then get the fuck out and don't ever come back

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
That was a great scene :thumbsup:

And Jesse finally grew some balls when it comes to Walt....

Jesse: Can you walk?
Walt: Yeah
Jesse: Then get the fuck out and don't ever come back

kinda touching how he asks if he can walk first...

I'm almost screaming at the TV - TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!! :lol: They could cut down on all of the paranoia and stress...

Notice how the only thing through the conversation that really upset Jesse was the fact Walt 'bugged' his car? Then the fight was on :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah, they definitely seem to have a communication issue, mostly all on Walt's end though IMO. He always seems to want to 'control' Jesse and every time they do try and discuss things, Walt always has to act superior and he insults and berates Jesse all the time.

I'm actually surprised Jesse didn't kick Walt's ass before now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Man, there was a lot packed into this last episode. :shock:

There is definitely something building up that will leave a big cliffhanger for the finale in a few episodes. :-k

Just some thoughts from the episode running through my head:

A) I think that Gus and Mike built Jesse up to where they wanted him to be. From how scared he looked before he boarded the plane and on the flight to how he ripped apart the Mexican chemist shows how far he's come. I don't think he will be in Walt's shadow anymore, especially since it is him that saved both Gus and Mike at the cartel house.

B) Is Skylar just that stupid? Giving Ted money like that without going thru Walt first? Methinks Walt will not be a happy person when he finds that $600K of his money is gone. When Saul says it's a bad idea, then it probably is a bad idea. I can see Ted getting killed before this season is over and I think there will be a showdown between Walt and Skylar.

C) I think Walt is finally becoming unhappy with who he has become. When he was crying and saying that he had made a mistake, even though it was Walt Jr there with him, I really think he was referring to Jesse. (just my opinion on that one)

D) I really hope there will be a scene with Gus and Hector again...I want to see Hector's face when Gus tells him the cartel is all dead now.

E) I knew something was up when I saw Gus take those pills and then when he gave him the expensive tequila, I just knew it had to be poisoned. It was good the way he got Don Eladio to not give Jesse any, but why did everyone in the cartel get a drink, but Mike wasn't offered one? :-k

More stuff will come to mind I'm sure...like I said, it was a jam packed episode and a great one :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Man, there was a lot packed into this last episode. :shock:

There is definitely something building up that will leave a big cliffhanger for the finale in a few episodes. :-k

Just some thoughts from the episode running through my head:

A) I think that Gus and Mike built Jesse up to where they wanted him to be. From how scared he looked before he boarded the plane and on the flight to how he ripped apart the Mexican chemist shows how far he's come. I don't think he will be in Walt's shadow anymore, especially since it is him that saved both Gus and Mike at the cartel house.

B) Is Skylar just that stupid? Giving Ted money like that without going thru Walt first? Methinks Walt will not be a happy person when he finds that $600K of his money is gone. When Saul says it's a bad idea, then it probably is a bad idea. I can see Ted getting killed before this season is over and I think there will be a showdown between Walt and Skylar.

C) I think Walt is finally becoming unhappy with who he has become. When he was crying and saying that he had made a mistake, even though it was Walt Jr there with him, I really think he was referring to Jesse. (just my opinion on that one)

D) I really hope there will be a scene with Gus and Hector again...I want to see Hector's face when Gus tells him the cartel is all dead now.

E) I knew something was up when I saw Gus take those pills and then when he gave him the expensive tequila, I just knew it had to be poisoned. It was good the way he got Don Eladio to not give Jesse any, but why did everyone in the cartel get a drink, but Mike wasn't offered one? :-k

More stuff will come to mind I'm sure...like I said, it was a jam packed episode and a great one :thumbsup:

You left something out :lol: When Jesse starts laying into the Mexican chemist...I liked it when both Mike and Gus gave a little smile.

A.Gus relying on Jesse took me by surprise.I thought Gus was just shining him on for some other nefarious reason.Now with Jesse being able to cook,
it puts up the question - Does Gus need Walt and will he kill him? Maybe Jesse is more of a street level guy and Gus doesn't think Walt is willing to 'get his hands dirty' with other things...

B.The whole Skylar/Ted thing is a distraction.It serves no purpose other than to give her something to do and possibly another way for Walt and Skylar to get busted.

C. I agree 100%.He even called Walt junior Jesse as he was passing out.It bothered him that he bugged Jesse's car as whatever trust they had between them is now gone.

D.That bell will be a' ringing :dance: :lol:

E.Loved the pool/poisoning scene.Cartel guy was telling Gus about emotions not entering business and Gus was shooting daggers.....love Gus's character.

F. Walt junior should be slapped....the way he turned his nose up at his new vehicle.He's 16 ffs, be thankful :x I did however like his one line,
after Walt gives the speech about what he remembers about his Dad.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I love how even when he is gonna make himself puke, Gus has to have everything perfect even though he could die if he doesn't hurry. He folded his jacket on the counter and then took and folded a towel to kneel on :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
And the Skylar/Ted story line...I am so over it.

As far as Jesse being able to cook now, he still didn't get quite as pure as Walt's did...Jesse hit 96.2% and isn't Walt's 98%?

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I love how even when he is gonna make himself puke, Gus has to have everything perfect even though he could die if he doesn't hurry. He folded his jacket on the counter and then took and folded a towel to kneel on :lol:

I wanna see him lose it and get his hands dirty :lol: ....maybe with Hector?

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 04:13 PM
And the Skylar/Ted story line...I am so over it.

As far as Jesse being able to cook now, he still didn't get quite as pure as Walt's did...Jesse hit 96.2% and isn't Walt's 98%?

I think when they were talking about it in a prior episode (Hank) they mentioned that Heisenberg got it to 97%, which was a step up from 94%.
Then Hank said something like - That last couple of percent may as well be the difference between...and then he used some distance analogy :lol:

not really sure...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I wanna see him lose it and get his hands dirty :lol: ....maybe with Hector?

Well, we kinda did see him get dirty when he showed up at the lab that day and slit Victor's throat :shock:

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, we kinda did see him get dirty when he showed up at the lab that day and slit Victor's throat :shock:

That seemed like a one time thing, even Mike looked a little surprised :lol:

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Mike got shot :(

"Get us outta here kid"

:sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Mike got shot :(

"Get us outta here kid"

:sad2:

I could be wrong, but I think they've been dropping subtle hints that Mike could die this season.

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Like in the first 5 minutes of the next episode?

and then Gus will do something nice for Jesse and Jesse will become Mike Junior and then him and Walt will battle....

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Not sure when....not even sure how badly he's hurt from being shot. Couldn't exactly tell where he was shot...stomach area maybe?

Hal-9000
09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Seemed like it...

did you catch at the beginning when they were waiting for the plane...Jesse and Mike were standing in almost the exact same position and wearing similar jackets?

subconscious staging by the nefarious director?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
What I'm hoping for is that Walt finds out Skylar gave Ted the $600K and Walt goes crazy and kills Skylar :thumbsup:

She just gets more and more on my nerves with every passing episode :|

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Damn what an episode :shock:

Just when I think they can't ratchet up the tension any more, they just blow me away....wow

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
just watched....that was a great one

nice when a show actually improves with each episode :thumbsup:

Walt laughing made it perfect...tres fucked up now

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM
What I'm hoping for is that Walt finds out Skylar gave Ted the $600K and Walt goes crazy and kills Skylar :thumbsup:

She just gets more and more on my nerves with every passing episode :|

Saul sent the A-team to go deal with Ted and BAM! an accident :lol: that was about the only 10 seconds I haven't liked during the whole series (when Ted does the nosedive and dies)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 09:07 PM
just watched....that was a great one

nice when a show actually improves with each episode :thumbsup:

Walt laughing made it perfect...tres fucked up now

Best ending to an episode for the entire series...as they panned up with Walt framed in the crawlway opening like that...and his maniacal laughing/crying....just awesome

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Saul sent the A-team to go deal with Ted and BAM! an accident :lol: that was about the only 10 seconds I haven't liked during the whole series (when Ted does the nosedive and dies)

I kinda liked it....I think they intended that whole thing to be comical. ;)

Can't say I'm upset he's gone either.

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Best ending to an episode for the entire series...as they panned up with Walt framed in the crawlway opening like that...and his maniacal laughing/crying....just awesome

He will have to kill Gus, there is no other option....loved it when Gus tormented Hector :lol:

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
I kinda liked it....I think they intended that whole thing to be comical. ;)

Can't say I'm upset he's gone either.

I don't understand the character's motivation for not paying the IRS....the more he talked, the less sense it made.Hmmmm, go to jail or just be poor? That's a tough one (after someone GIVES you 600k)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
He will have to kill Gus, there is no other option....loved it when Gus tormented Hector :lol:

Awesome scene...just like I wished for :thumbsup:

And way for Gus to pull the badass card threatening to kill Walt and his entire family. I think Walt has come full circle now...he was kinda meek and just getting into meth for his family. Then he grew some balls and fancied himself some kinda drug 'kingpin' (hence the Heisenberg persona) and now he has been reduced back to someone who doesn't know what to do and is scared for his life.

Even Jesse pushes him around now.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 09:13 PM
I don't understand the character's motivation for not paying the IRS....the more he talked, the less sense it made.Hmmmm, go to jail or just be poor? That's a tough one (after someone GIVES you 600k)

I think Skylar was right, I think he was trying to blackmail her

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 09:15 PM
she doesn't even know that Ted's dead yet...

:cheerlead:

It would be cool if at one point Walt tells Hank and they team up to take on Gus :thumbsup:

gimp* & the cancer patient, riding together :afro:

*Hank's term, not mine

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Once again they ratchet up the tension even more...damn what a set of writers this show has.

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Shit, I forgot all about it. I'll have to catch it on a rerun sometime this week.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Season finale is next week :(

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Gives you one more season to look forward to.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
The finale should be awesome the way they have been building up to it...last half of this season has been intense

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Screw it, I'll watch it now. BBIAB.

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Gus has that sixth sense. He just knows.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Gus has that sixth sense. He just knows.

That scene was awesome :thumbsup:

Plus, I think Walt may have given himself away...notice he had his glasses on his head? Gus would have seen the glare from the sun reflecting off the glasses. I know they didn't show it that way, but Gus doesn't miss anything.

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
You see the barrel imprint on Walt's forehead after the Jesse confrontation?

mannn! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Yup, like I said before....just when you think they can't raise the intensity level any higher, they go and outdo themselves.

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
they just need to sit down calmly for 5 minutes and speak to each other about what's been happening :lol:

90% of Jesse and Walt's problems arise from suspecting the worst, but not communicating ffs...

No mention of Mike this week.....:(

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Even tho the 'discussions' (:lol:) between Jesse and Walt were intense last week, it looks like they are back on the same page with each other at least.

So what do you think is wrong with the kid? Did Gus poison the kid or is it something else? Too odd that the ricin was suddenly missing from the cigarette pack Jesse always has.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm wondering if Mike died down in Mexico :(

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Even tho the 'discussions' (:lol:) between Jesse and Walt were intense last week, it looks like they are back on the same page with each other at least.

So what do you think is wrong with the kid? Did Gus poison the kid or is it something else? Too odd that the ricin was suddenly missing from the cigarette pack Jesse always has.

The whole ricin thing didn't sit well with me.Automatically Jesse knows it's that when the kid had flu symptoms? He could have simply misplaced the smoke or the capsule.

And Gus knowing Jesse had that...then removing...and then administering it to the kid somehow? Let's say he actually knew and did the previous actions.How would Gus know that Jesse would think it was Walt and somehow connect Walt for trying to kill a kid that isn't even Jesse's? The whole thing seemed like a huge stretch to me...even for Gus.

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm wondering if Mike died down in Mexico :(

I hope he stays on, great character.

"Get us outta here kid" :(

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 06:38 PM
The whole ricin thing didn't sit well with me.Automatically Jesse knows it's that when the kid had flu symptoms? He could have simply misplaced the smoke or the capsule.

And Gus knowing Jesse had that...then removing...and then administering it to the kid somehow? Let's say he actually knew and did the previous actions.How would Gus know that Jesse would think it was Walt and somehow connect Walt for trying to kill a kid that isn't even Jesse's? The whole thing seemed like a huge stretch to me...even for Gus.

Well, I don't think Jesse automatically knew....it came to him when he went out to the parking lot for a smoke and saw the cigarette with the ricin was missing. But I do agree that it's weird that he would equate Walt with the missing ricin and the alleged poisoning of the kid (we don't even know if the kid has actually even been poisoned yet).

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Well, I don't think Jesse automatically knew....it came to him when he went out to the parking lot for a smoke and saw the cigarette with the ricin was missing. But I do agree that it's weird that he would equate Walt with the missing ricin and the alleged poisoning of the kid (we don't even know if the kid has actually even been poisoned yet).

And how did Gus even know? Smokers typically keep their packs on them or in their jackets.I'm sure Jesse made sure that particular smoke never got in front of Gus' eyes...

Yeah I can see Jesse having the ricin on his mind in the first place and then freaking after checking the smokes...but I do feel like there's a huge gap there somewhere.Like you mention, they haven't said that the kid is dying from ricin.(unless they implied it by Jesse getting the message thru to the doctor and the kid is recovering now?)

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2011, 05:51 AM

Hector with the DEA.

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2011, 06:04 AM

DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!

JoeyB
10-10-2011, 06:31 AM

DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!

It was obvious when he stumbled out and fixed his tie. But, despite the clumsily telegraphed moment, the special effect was very realistic...I didn't like it though, too gory for my tastes.

Also...does Walt have any humanity left? He is willing to do anything for his own selfish needs now. I guess, that was always a firm element of his character even back in season one...providing for his family had an almost selfish quality to it...I mean to say, normally giving to others is a good thing, but for Walt there was a panicky pride about it. Now, he's just fucking evil.

It's bad when you secretly find yourself rooting for the big evil drug guy who shall remain faceless HAHAHA, sorry...but, when that dude is somehow more palatable than Walt...it's not saying much for the sinister person he has become.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Hector with the DEA.

That scene was hilarious :lol:

DAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!

Yup, what a way to end an awesome season (the best season so far IMO). I guess we all know what Walt was looking at in that episode where he was sitting in his back yard alone spinning the pistol on the table. I didn't think that Walt had it in him to poison the boy, even when Jesse said what the cause of the poisoning was.

The scene with Gus after the explosion....just awesome. When he first walked out of the room I was thinking "no way he survived that!" and then the frontal shot. Just perfect.

It does make me wonder where it goes from here now. I realize that there's only one season left, but all the bad guys are gone now. Will Walt and Jesse go back into business together for themselves? Or will Jesse find out that Walt let his girlfriend die and that he poisoned Brock and those two will go at each other next season? All I know is that it's gonna be a long wait until the next season of Breaking Bad :(

The only thing that eases the pain a little is that The Walking Dead starts next Sunday :dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Also...does Walt have any humanity left?

He was kinda fighting for his life (and that of his family). I would have to say that if I was in the same position of trying to prevent someone killing me and my family, I would also do whatever it takes.

Loser
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
All I know is.....

Gus checked out like a fucking champ:lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Adjusted his tie, even

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
You know, I'm kinda surprised that Gus didn't suspect that something was up with Hector. Hector never flipped on anyone before, enemy or not, and suddenly he's going to the DEA now? With his superhuman sixth sense (he knew there was something wrong with his car in the parking garage), you would have thought he would have been a little more suspicious, even though he had what's-his-name checking the nursing home out.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Also, no mention of Mike since he was left in Mexico...did he die down there or will he be back next season? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
'Breaking Bad' face off: Gus Fring/Giancarlo Esposito talks about THAT SCENE: EXCLUSIVE
by Ken Tucker - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/8K1Ho.jpg

It’s safe to say that Walter White’s most formidable obstacle in his pursuit of wealth for his family and, increasingly, his assertion of himself as the dynamic force in his own life, has been Gus Fring, the deceptively meek fast-food-chicken store owner, philanthropist, and drug lord played by Giancarlo Esposito with consummate meticulousness in the season of Breaking Bad that concluded on Sunday night.

SPOILER ALERT: Don’t read this unless you’ve watched the Breaking Bad finale. Well, we saw what messing with the now-relentless Walter gets you. Turns out the episode title “Face Off” was meant literally, as Gus lost half his head in an explosion deviously devised by White in collusion with Hector Salamanca. Savoring what he thought was a victory over his old nemesis, Gus was lured into a trap, as Hector detonated a bomb with that damn bell of his.

Certainly the most stunning visual of last night was the shot of Gus walking out of the exploded room in left-side profile, followed by a shot of him full-frontal, at which point we saw that half his face had been blown away, to reveal his skull and some bloody bits.

“That make-up took five hours,” says Esposito, who was flown from the show’s set in Albuquerque, NM, to Los Angeles under what he calls “top-secret” circumstances to have the exploded-face created. Working with special effects expert Howard Berger, Esposito had a full cast of his head made — “a bust of me,” he says, laughing — which was then transformed into half of a prosthetic face he could wear for filming.

“It was glued to the side of my head,” says the actor. “Howard is so meticulous, he put little craters in that part of my face, for where the explosion would have splintered what flesh was left.” Oh, and the little touch of straightening his tie before he collapses? “All in the script,” says the actor admiringly of show creator Vince Gilligan’s writing and directing of the episode.

Esposito, who is more voluble and warm than the character he plays (I know: how could he not?), says, “I was stunned when I first read the script.” The actor had had discussions with Gilligan in the middle of filming season four about the probable demise of Gustavo Fring. The character was, he says, “a great gift”: “It’s a little saddening that he’s gone, but who knows? He could come back in flashbacks, right?”

Oh, and one more thing: What about Gus’ uncanny instinct to walk away from his car in the show’s previous, penultimate episode? Debates ranged across the Internet about how The Chicken Man could have known or guessed that Walt had planted a bomb underneath it. Esposito has an answer:

“Gus returns to that vehicle, sees it there all by itself, and he said to himself, ‘Hmmm, I left no one with that car. I did not cover that angle. I am not going there.’ It’s pure instinct. I felt that in my soul, that Gus would have that reaction.”

What do you think?

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2011/10/10_gustavodemise.gif

JoeyB
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM
He was kinda fighting for his life (and that of his family). I would have to say that if I was in the same position of trying to prevent someone killing me and my family, I would also do whatever it takes.

But this is a position of his own doing, and every time he 'defends' himself, he digs deeper, creates new problems, and goes even darker. Walt has become completely sinister. He is the bad guy now.

Also, no mention of Mike since he was left in Mexico...did he die down there or will he be back next season? :-k

I was wondering if I missed something actually...I thought I was adjusting my dick or something and just failed to notice him, and kept wondering where he was.

Last we saw he was heavily injured...so I suspect next season may start with him walking out of some seedy Mexican 'clinic' and making his way North...and not knowing what awaits him.

He may well be Walt and Jesse's big problem. I hope Jesse kills Walt though.

Betting pool: if Walt does die next season, who will off him?

His son?
Jesse?
Himself?
Mike?
DEA agent?
Random Accident?
his brother in law?
or...his wife?

Edit: Bonus points if Walt's baby offs him "Simpsons style" (AKA: Who shot Mr. Burns).

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 11:03 PM
But this is a position of his own doing, and every time he 'defends' himself, he digs deeper, creates new problems, and goes even darker. Walt has become completely sinister. He is the bad guy now.

I don't disagree that the trouble is all of his own making, I'm just saying that he was cornered and how he got there at that point is irrelevant at that point. He's doing everything he can now to keep himself and his family alive.

In fact, you can say all that happened is partially Skylar's fault because had she not given away all that money to Ted, Walt and the family would have disappeared with new identities.

JoeyB
10-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I don't disagree that the trouble is all of his own making, I'm just saying that he was cornered and how he got there at that point is irrelevant at that point. He's doing everything he can now to keep himself and his family alive.

In fact, you can say all that happened is partially Skylar's fault because had she not given away all that money to Ted, Walt and the family would have disappeared with new identities.

He has options, he could have just gone to the DEA with his brother in law and gotten some sort of deal and witness relocation...

No...he wants the money.

So, he selects violence and evil.

Seriously, Walt is the villain now. And he is very unsavory and quite evil.

EDIT: He poisons kids, blows people up in an old folks home (lucky no one else died!), coerces Jesse into killing, kills people himself, and let us not forget how he manipulates everyone around him. And, perhaps most telling of all, he just casually uses the old lady next door to check if his house is free of killers. No regards for her life at all. He used to be concerned about life, and fought against doing anything 'wrong', but now not only does he do evil, he does it without any hesitation or remorse.

He is evil now, completely, and I think the only proper resolution for this series is his meeting some horrible end.

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 02:10 AM
I loved the last episode.Titling it 'Face Off' was brilliant IMO.

The last scene with the flowers had such an undertone of menace, even moreso than the scene with Gus straightening his tie.Vince Gilligan the creator, mentioned that people always seem to look for a hidden meaning to rather obvious plot instances.He said the scene with the flowers served one purpose - to demonstrate the lengths that Walt would go to survive and keep his family safe.If/when Jesse figures out that Walt poisoned the baby, that will probably be the last season pay off (in my mind anyway).The show started with those two and likely will finish on the same note.

One thing that bothered me about the finale is when Gus's bodyguard swept Salamanco's room for bombs/devices.....he missed the one sitting right under the wheelchair? Really? Other than that, this show is tops on my list...very happy I started watching it.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Great start to the new season :cheers:

Sad knowing this is the final season :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Agreed on both counts

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't wait to find out how we end up at that opening scene....Walt just turned 50 at the beginning of the series and I'm not sure if he has turned 51 or not yet during the course of the series so far?

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm hoping he kills his family except for the baby and moves on with the cash :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 03:58 PM
And I wonder why he bought that big ass gun :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah its curious since supposedly all his enemy's are dead.

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:23 PM
And I wonder why he bought that big ass gun :shock:

Did you notice who sold it to him? :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:23 PM

A gun dealer? :-s

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 04:27 PM

Who was it?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Who was it?

Bobby from Supernatural

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Balls!

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah bitch! Magnets!

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I actually liked Skylar in that episode, she's a pretty good actress. You could feel her fear of the new Walt...

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh, I hate that show ;)

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah bitch! Magnets!

You hear him mumble - Good luck...I guess....as he left? I was expecting him to add 'you idjit' in a disgusted tone :lol:

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Oh, I hate that show ;)

:slap: First season or two bit but it really picked up after that. It's one of my faves..

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:39 PM
I actually liked Skylar in that episode, she's a pretty good actress. You could feel her fear of the new Walt...

I liked the scene where she went and saw Ted in the hospital...at first she was all distraught seeing him all hurt and then at the end of the visit when he begged and pleaded that he would tell no one, hew one word reply of "Good" was very cold blooded.

When Walt and Mike were discussing how to get rid of the computer evidence and Jesse is sitting in the background just saying 'magnets' over and over until they pay attention to him :lol:

You hear him mumble - Good luck...I guess....as he left? I was expecting him to add 'you idjit' in a disgusted tone :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 04:39 PM
:slap: First season or two bit but it really picked up after that. It's one of my faves..

My buddy kept telling me I had to watch it, then when I would he would say "oh, that was just a bad episode" :lol: After two, I was out.

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
My buddy kept telling me I had to watch it, then when I would he would say "oh, that was just a bad episode" :lol: After two, I was out.

That's too bad....it was just a series of weekly episodes until that time, then they brought in a kick ass storyline that has continued until present :lol:

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I liked the scene where she went and saw Ted in the hospital...at first she was all distraught seeing him all hurt and then at the end of the visit when he begged and pleaded that he would tell no one, hew one word reply of "Good" was very cold blooded.

When Walt and Mike were discussing how to get rid of the computer evidence and Jesse is sitting in the background just saying 'magnets' over and over until they pay attention to him :lol:

Yeah she was good in the Ted scene...so was he, being scared shitless I guess :lol:

and Jesse was great :lol: MAGNETS FFS!!!!

and....Mike is back!!! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:43 PM

Two episodes and you condemn a show that has been on for seven years? :-s

:facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 04:49 PM
It was just so cheesy, the special effects were to low budget (from what I saw) Like a poor mans Buffy.

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I tell ya PCS....Dean and Sam have made me LOL quite a few times during that show :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
It was just so cheesy, the special effects were to low budget (from what I saw) Like a poor mans Buffy.

I tell ya PCS....Dean and Sam have made me LOL quite a few times during that show :lol:

Yes, the first season was a bit rough around the edges, but not nearly as bad as you are making it sound. And once the show found its footing, it really took off. It's far from low budget anymore and hasn't been since probably as far back as season 2.

And Hal is right, that show is LOL funny a lot of times almost every episode.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Its on Netflix, I'll give it another shot. Dont disappoint me ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Its on Netflix, I'll give it another shot. Dont disappoint me ;)

It gets better towards the end of the first season, and then it just keeps getting beter and better after that

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 05:03 PM
soooo....On breaking Bad did you guys catch Walt's comment after they tried the giant magnet?

Yes it worked, because I said so.

He is a different man...

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Yup, and he said very matter-of-factly like how dare anyone even dispute anything he says

PorkChopSandwiches
07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
He's the HNIC now :tup: Whos going to say shit to him now that he blows mutha fuckas up.

Hal-9000
07-18-2012, 05:15 PM
He's truly morphed into Heissenberg :shifty:

Hal-9000
07-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Mike rocks :dance:

I like Mike :)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2012, 02:38 AM
Damn, that was one intense episode

Hal-9000
07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Did anyone notice Hank's face when his commander was talking about Gus and mentioned that he was a badass, right in front of his face the whole time?

I think Hank is going to confront Walt at one point this season.....

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 01:13 PM
They sure are foreshadowing (IMO) that this series certainly won't have a happy ending

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
As if the series isn't tense enough already, now they're rolling the meth lab into houses that they don't own and doing a different one every week?

Holy stress-fest :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I think something is gonna blow between Mike and Walt...that scene where they were dividing up the money was pretty tense between them.

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Oh yes....the way Walt was seeding a thought into Jesse's mind after Mike left screams foreshadowing for - We ain't gonna pay his debts...after he's gone! :lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:20 PM
How about one of the Luigi Brothers playing the piano in the music store? He was quite good....the actor looks rough as hell though...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh yes....the way Walt was seeding a thought into Jesse's mind after Mike left screams foreshadowing for - We ain't gonna pay his debts...after he's gone! :lol:

I also think that them (Walt and Walt Jr) watching Scarface with that famous scene on and Walt mentioning that everyone dies in that movie is foreshadowing to the scene that this season started with...Walt and that massive gun

How about one of the Luigi Brothers playing the piano in the music store? He was quite good....the actor looks rough as hell though...

Yeah, he's a scary looking dude for sure :lol:

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I think he was getting the gun for Mike....let's say they bump heads throughout these 8 episodes and then it becomes a showdown for the last portion of the season like with Gus Fring.

I know that Jesse is going to find out about Walt poisoning Brock at one point. And Walt still has the Risen (sp?) capsule..

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I loved the scene where it showed Brock sitting at one end of the couch and Walt at the other end.

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I was reading a blog about the show and have to agree with some of it. Walt has done some pretty shitty, selfish things :lol: I still don't get the whole - He needed to poison Brock to throw suspicion on Gus thing...that's pretty low considering a child could of died.

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
and yes the Walt, Walt junior watching Scarface (with the baby no less) was surreal and creepy.

Hey Skylar, want to join us? :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Do you think all that money for 'expenses' Mike was running down was legit, or do you think he is using it to replace the money missing since the feds seized his granddaughter's money?

I know legacy one is legit, but it seemed awful high :-k

Hal-9000
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Maybe it's all part of the same thing....cash for his granddaughter as well as the 9..is it, other guys? (Minus the Asian guy and guy who killed Asian guy?)

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 03:16 AM
wow.........Skyler is looking more like Woody Harrelson every day :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I hope Walt kills the bitch :x

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Also, what do you think the significance of the close-up on Walt's new watch meant? They are always foreshadowing things to come in this series :-k

Dr.Lino69
08-07-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope Walt kills the bitch :x

he'll strangle her

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d23iVMWF1qaewwbo1_500.png

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Also, what do you think the significance of the close-up on Walt's new watch meant? They are always foreshadowing things to come in this series :-k

...time is running out between Walt and Jesse...or Walt and Skylar....or Walt and Mike....or Walt and his cancer

I loved the long exchange with Walt and Skylar at the end of the show. When she said she was waiting...for the cancer to come back....I thought that was pretty good/severe writing

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 03:59 PM
...time is running out between Walt and Jesse...or Walt and Skylar....or Walt and Mike....or Walt and his cancer

I loved the long exchange with Walt and Skylar at the end of the show. When she said she was waiting...for the cancer to come back....I thought that was pretty good/severe writing

Both of them are such good actors...did you see the look on Walt's face when she said that to him about waiting for the cancer to come back?

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Both of them are such good actors...did you see the look on Walt's face when she said that to him about waiting for the cancer to come back?

Yeah you really get a sense she's scared and also stuck there...I like the way he switches from doting father to badass each sentence, depending on what she says...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Is it bad that I was hoping she was gonna drown in the pool? :(

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Is it bad that I was hoping she was gonna drown in the pool? :(

Like they said...she did it front of the 3 of them, so it was more a cry out for help.

Yes Walt, Hank and his wife should of fired up the Xbox and ignored Skylar for a few minutes :lol:

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Let's make some predictions like with BSG..

Ok this is the last season of Breaking Bad. They're going to show 8 episodes and probably take a long break, then show the final 8 episodes.

Who's going to die and what's going to happen to end the series?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
I just looked, only 4 more episodes left this year, then on hiatus until next year :|

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope Walt Junior finds some blue shards and gives up the crutches...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
If I had to wager, I am thinking that Skylar is gonna become so much of a problem that Walt will kill her. I also think that Hank will either find out that Walt is Heisenberg or get too close to finding out, and Walt will kill him.

And I think the final showdown will come between Mike and Walt. I have no idea how the series will end for Jesse :-k

Dr.Lino69
08-07-2012, 04:46 PM

It's an unpopular opinion, but i don't think Bryon Carston is doing such a good job.
I don't know, he's just so...
meh i guess.

Hal-9000
08-07-2012, 04:59 PM
I sure like the guy who plays Mike....such a world weary, badass dude :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2012, 05:00 PM
It's an unpopular opinion, but i don't think Bryon Carston is doing such a good job.
I don't know, he's just so...
meh i guess.

:slap:

RBP
08-10-2012, 06:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aevRW.jpg

Hal-9000
08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
The train episode...I loved it.

I was reading a BB forum and you should have read how these guys tore apart the episode :lol: Man, I thought we were picky...

Todd certainly redeemed himself as the new assistant badass...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Wow....

Hal-9000
08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Little bit more subdued this week but still tense :tup:

Okay, question time.

Out of Walt's 3 Todd options, what would you have done?

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Man, this is setting itself up for one hell of a series finale...sad that there are only 2 episodes left before it goes on hiatus until next year though :(

What kind of significance do you think the tarantula holds? It was prominent in the last episode with the kid and then they show it again this week when Todd was given his reprieve. :-k

And I think that's the same decision I would have made concerning Todd...keep him on and watch him, although you just know that is going to come back to bite them all in the ass somehow.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2012, 12:49 PM
That whole scene with Walt and Jesse at Walt's house where they are talking back and forth before Skylar returned home....THAT scene was awesome. And then the tension between all of them at the dinner table while Jesse tried to make small talk the whole time. Damn they are all great actors.

And what about the revelation that Walt is obsessed with Gray Matter (which we haven't heard about since season 2) when he tells Jesse that he looks up the value of it every day?

And that line..."I'm in the Empire business."....

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Man, this is setting itself up for one hell of a series finale...sad that there are only 2 episodes left before it goes on hiatus until next year though :(

What kind of significance do you think the tarantula holds? It was prominent in the last episode with the kid and then they show it again this week when Todd was given his reprieve. :-k

And I think that's the same decision I would have made concerning Todd...keep him on and watch him, although you just know that is going to come back to bite them all in the ass somehow.

I was reading a forum and they mentioned that Vince Gilligan and the writers don't do obvious metaphor...I'm not so sure :lol: The spider could represent a lot of things, rather than a person. We'll see if it makes it out of the jar.....:shifty:

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
That whole scene with Walt and Jesse at Walt's house where they are talking back and forth before Skylar returned home....THAT scene was awesome. And then the tension between all of them at the dinner table while Jesse tried to make small talk the whole time. Damn they are all great actors.

And what about the revelation that Walt is obsessed with Gray Matter (which we haven't heard about since season 2) when he tells Jesse that he looks up the value of it every day?

And that line..."I'm in the Empire business."....

The only thing I don't like is Walt's stubbornness. Like Jesse said he could have 5 million right now, kids and Skylar would be safe and he'd never have to look over his shoulder again. To me, Walt's been kicked so much in life that this phase is pure ego. He's been making the best meth on the planet and I think that plays into his greed moreso than the excuse he gave Jesse about having nothing and needing the meth cooking because of Gray Matter etc.

It's pretty funny when Jesse becomes the total voice of reason in the relationship :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't think Walt is being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn at all. When he uttered the line "I'm in the Empire business" it said everything that he was thinking right there. It's not about the money or the meth, it's about the power. He has gone power mad crazy. That's why he doesn't want the $5 million and I bet he wouldn't want to settle even if it was for $50 million. All he cares about is having a meth empire to lord over.

That's my take on that anyways....

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't think Walt is being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn at all. When he uttered the line "I'm in the Empire business" it said everything that he was thinking right there. It's not about the money or the meth, it's about the power. He has gone power mad crazy. That's why he doesn't want the $5 million and I bet he wouldn't want to settle even if it was for $50 million. All he cares about is having a meth empire to lord over.

That's my take on that anyways....

That's what I meant....his stubbornness is not derived from the want of money etc.

"To me, Walt's been kicked so much in life that this phase is pure ego."

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
If I was Walt, the 5 million would be a godsend. Stops all potential future attacks on his family, removes him from the biz and he has a good nestegg to retire on.

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
It really seems like the dual with Gus completely changed him. He was almost killed a couple of times, lived in fear for what seemed like an entire year and then ended up removing the boogeyman from his life. It had to be empowering considering the life he came from. (chem teacher, Dad, basically a quiet guy who didn't want conflict)

Teh One Who Knocks
08-22-2012, 06:30 PM
He has become what he once was afraid of...he now pictures himself as the "new Gus" so to speak.

Hal-9000
08-22-2012, 06:34 PM
When I think of the character I can really understand this new empowerment. The guy beat cancer that typically kills people and found out he can create a product that no one else can reproduce. Plus the admission to Jesse that his marriage is pretty much done and what Skylar said to him...

Funny...he's never mentioned anything about how his product destroys lives. He seemed like the type of guy to be sensitive about that. That's another thing I love about this series. They don't glamorize or lecture about the drug trade. They just show you what can go incredibly right or incredibly wrong when you get mixed up in something like that. It doesn't preach.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Walt: Now say my name.

Drug guy: You're Heisenberg

Walt: You're goddamn right

What a great episode, but truth be told, I knew that as soon as Walt volunteered to get that bag for Mike, I knew he was gonna kill Mike.

And nice that Mike was still able to get the last word in with Walt...."Shut the fuck up and just let me die in peace."

:rip: Mike

Teh One Who Knocks
08-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Walt has definitely gone off the deep end and into the abyss never to return...all it is about now is his legacy and his 'empire'. It was shown in all his deeds and actions in this episode.

And it was a bunch of great scenes between Jesse and Walt when Walt thought he still had this power over Jesse to still get him to do whatever...and Jesse stood firm. The rage in Walt was evident when Jesse walked out on him.

Walt has no one/nothing left....just his 'empire'.

Hal-9000
08-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Mike is NOT dead :sad2:

*and Walt is buying the big gun for Skylar...