PDA

View Full Version : Biden On His Supreme Court Pick: Debate Over Nominee Due To ‘The Constitution Always Evolving’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2022, 01:07 PM
Daily Wire Staff

https://i.imgur.com/ezFxfS1l.jpg

President Joe Biden said at the White House on Tuesday that the debate over who would be his nominee to replace Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer would be centered around what he claimed was an ever “evolving” U.S. Constitution.

“At any rate, what — what we’re going to do, as I’ve said before — and I went back and looked at some of the opening statements that I made for justices over the years that, you know, it’s — the Constitution says ‘advise and consent’ — ‘advice and consent,’” Biden said. “And I’m serious when I say it: that I want the advice of the Senate as well as the consent, if we can arrive on who the nominee should be.”

“And, you know, it’s — there’s always a renewed national debate every time we nominate — any President nominates a justice, because the Constitution is always evolving slightly in terms of additional rights or curtailing rights, et cetera,” Biden continued. “And it’s always an issue. And there’s several schools of thought in terms of judicial philosophy. And we’ll see.”

WATCH:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2022, 04:56 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
02-02-2022, 05:34 PM
This is the problem with the left: they believe that the meaning of the Constitution evolves. It's just a ploy to suit their purposes.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2022, 05:44 PM
This is the problem with the left: they believe that the meaning of the Constitution evolves. It's just a ploy to suit their purposes.

It's a "living document" :nono: