PDA

View Full Version : ‘The Rock’ Seems To Denounce Joe Rogan, Then Video Resurfaces Of His WWE Chinese Impression

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2022, 02:15 PM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/LXWv6f5l.jpg

Hours after Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a “The Rock,” seemed to publicly retract his support for popular podcast host Joe Rogan, Twitter users published old video clips of Johnson playing “The Rock” for the WWE, giving a mocking impression of the Chinese language.

“Thank you [The Rock] for speaking out against racism,” snarked podcast host Tim Pool.
Conservative Benny Johnson posted a longer version of the clip — which includes a mocking impression of the Swedish language, too — and captioned it, “Can you smell the hurtful racism [The Rock] is cooking?”
Johnson last week posted a supportive comment to an Instagram video Rogan published concerning supposed COVID-19 “misinformation” from “The Joe Rogan Experience” episodes.

“Great stuff here brother,” the actor wrote. “Perfectly articulated. Look forward to coming on one day and breaking out the tequila with you.”

But his support waned in a matter of days. The “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” actor suggested Saturday that he no longer supports Rogan over the host’s past use of the N-word on his show.

“Dear [The Rock], You’re a hero to many people and using your platform to defend Joe Rogan, a guy that used and laughed about using the N word dozens of times, is a terrible use of your power,” author Don Winslow tweeted at Johnson. “Have you actually listened to this man’s many racist statements about Black people?”

Johnson responded, “Dear [Don Winslow]. Thank you so much for this I hear you as well as everyone here 100%,” he wrote. “I was not aware of his N word use prior to my comments, but now I’ve become educated to his complete narrative.”

“Learning moment for me,” Johnson added. “Mahalo, brother and have a great & productive weekend. DJ.”

Following the seemingly retracted support, Republican strategist Andrew Surabian also took a shot at the actor. “Having watched [The Rock]‘s pro wrestling career from the start, I can promise you that he has said many things himself that would get him cancelled today as a sexist & homophobe, which is what makes his 180 on [Joe Rogan] even more pathetic & cowardly,” he wrote, using the same format as Johnson’s tweet about Rogan.

“Just YouTube his old promos,” Surabian added.
Rogan posted a video to social media early Saturday morning addressing past use of the N-word in podcast episodes, emphasizing that he never used the word in a “racist” manner, but was generally quoting others or talking about the word, and felt remorse for using the word at all.

“There’s been a lot of s*** from the old episodes of the podcast that I wish I hadn’t said, or had said differently. This is my take on the worst of it,” the 54-year-old captioned the video.

CZlnH8MAb8L

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 03:01 PM
:rofl: :haha:

In fairness, Dwayne chose his words carefully. He didn't denounce Rogan, he simply acknowledged further information.

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 03:05 PM
I still call Chinese takeaway, ching-dins? Does anyone think this might be a pwoblem :-k :suspect:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2022, 03:24 PM
I still call Chinese takeaway, ching-dins? Does anyone think this might be a pwoblem :-k :suspect:

https://i.imgur.com/O9tdPgb.gif

DemonGeminiX
02-07-2022, 03:29 PM
This shit is so ridiculous. Free speech, people. You don't have to like what people say, but you have to respect their right to say it. Because when the tables are turned, you're going to be saying the same thing in your own defense, and you ain't gonna like it.

lost in melb.
02-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Spotify is going to follow the bottom line though. Watch them change their minds about rogan if people leave the platform.

DemonGeminiX
02-07-2022, 03:37 PM
Spotify is going to follow the bottom line though. Watch them change their minds about rogan if people leave the platform.

For everybody that leaves the platform, people will sign up for the fact that they're standing by free speech and/or Joe Rogan.

deebakes
02-08-2022, 02:55 AM
my thoughts: love him or hate him, you aren't required to waste 3 hours of your day listening

Godfather
02-08-2022, 06:46 AM
They have R. Kelly and Cosby still on Spotify... don't see anyone cancelling their subscriptions or pulling their music over that :-k

deebakes
02-08-2022, 02:07 PM
past indiscretions versus current i guess :lol: