PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas high schooler charged with battery after video of horrific classroom beating goes viral

Teh One Who Knocks
02-08-2022, 11:18 AM
By Paul Best | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/c70MCJ7.jpg

A Las Vegas high schooler was charged with battery after video of a beating in a classroom last week went viral on social media.

The video, which was taken at Las Vegas High School on Wednesday, shows the victim with her head facedown on a desk as the suspect punches her repeatedly from behind and someone tries to stop the attack. Laughter could be heard at one point during the video.

https://i.imgur.com/eSfisyzl.png

Clark County School District Police Lt. Bryan Zink said that the suspect was cited for battery on the day of the incident, but could face more charges once the victim's injuries are reviewed.

"The victim was seen by medical and then we encourage the mother to take her to get further medical and get checked out," Zink told Fox News Digital. "We're just waiting to hear back from the parent on the extent of any injuries before we can move forward with additional charges."

Minors older than 16 can be prosecuted as an adult in Nevada, but that is usually reserved for the most serious crimes, according to Zink.

WARNING: THE BELOW VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT
Clark County School District Superintendent Jesus Jara condemned the violence on Saturday.

"Violent acts, assaults, and bullying will not be tolerated in the Clark County School District, and those who choose to engage in these activities will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Jara said in a statement.

A secretary at nearby Legacy High School in northern Las Vegas was also attacked by a student this week, KLAS reports.

"We don't tolerate this kind of behavior," Zink said of the attack at Las Vegas High School. "This is very, very serious, just a very brutal beat down. It's just terrible."

lost in melb.
02-08-2022, 12:36 PM
It's the American suing culture that is the problem.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-08-2022, 12:37 PM
It's the American suing culture that is the problem.

:huh:

lost in melb.
02-08-2022, 12:48 PM
:huh:

You are obliged to watch somebody attempt to murder somebody because if you interfere you get sued.

lost in melb.
02-08-2022, 12:54 PM
Not much better in Australia. I refused to do my maths homework in Grade 1Prep. Straight to the principle and a ruler across the palm.

I was traumatized, but needless to say I didn't act out again.

deebakes
02-08-2022, 02:20 PM
the fact that no one stepped in to stop is so saddening

lost in melb.
02-12-2022, 11:45 AM
Yeah, it's like kids are numb nowadays or something. Nothing shocks them and they don't care.

There is something horrible afoot :|

RBP
02-12-2022, 04:24 PM
It's almost as if 2 years of poor socialization and lack of empathy from not seeing faces to interpret mood and intent is impacting kids in a negative way.

lost in melb.
02-13-2022, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but I think it's been going on longer

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2022, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I was gonna post something like that. I can't remember specific cases, but I do recall kids being violent in schools before the WuFlu. This was getting worse before any lockdown.

RBP
02-13-2022, 02:02 AM
All the chicks now is the biggest change. Not long ago, I wouldn't have fathomed seeing a chick give an aggressive beat down like that.

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2022, 03:13 AM
All the chicks now is the biggest change. Not long ago, I wouldn't have fathomed seeing a chick give an aggressive beat down like that.

I think there were several stories about black girls acting out. Not this violent, per se, but enough to be arrested. I remember conversations we had about why the police had to be called in these situations. But I don't remember seeing much about white girls. And neither nearly as overtly violent as this. But it did feel like it was getting worse before the lockdowns. However, this one is on a whole different level.

RBP
02-13-2022, 04:17 AM
I think there were several stories about black girls acting out. Not this violent, per se, but enough to be arrested. I remember conversations we had about why the police had to be called in these situations. But I don't remember seeing much about white girls. And neither nearly as overtly violent as this. But it did feel like it was getting worse before the lockdowns. However, this one is on a whole different level.

My niece and nephew told me years ago that the whole had flipped in their HS. The guys talked out their differences. It was the girls who fought and they were brutal.