PDA

View Full Version : THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER Trailer (2022)

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2022, 03:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zHnhenIgOc

Godfather
02-17-2022, 07:34 AM
Is it me or does the CGI look kinda shit? Did they blow the budget acquiring the IP? :lol:

Muddy
02-17-2022, 01:43 PM
I thought the original Lord of the rings trilogy sucked..! :dance:

DemonGeminiX
09-01-2022, 12:47 PM
There was a showing of the first two episodes at a theater in California yesterday for critics and other well-known film buffs. Some of them posted reviews online slaughtering this.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2022, 12:54 PM
I honestly have no real desire to watch this.

lost in melb.
09-02-2022, 03:46 PM
Is it me or does the CGI look kinda shit? Did they blow the budget acquiring the IP? :lol:

I just revisited. I think they overlaid the actors with CGI to match the CGI surrounds. The whole thing looks like a glorified video game

lost in melb.
09-02-2022, 03:46 PM
There was a showing of the first two episodes at a theater in California yesterday for critics and other well-known film buffs. Some of them posted reviews online slaughtering this.

It also has good reviews. I'm going to have a dip on a rainy day.

deebakes
09-02-2022, 07:31 PM
i watched it last night with my gf, not sure we will go back for more. just didn't hold attention or interest much

Softdreamer
09-03-2022, 06:47 PM
i watched it last night with my gf, not sure we will go back for more. just didn't hold attention or interest much

So you're calling her the Gf and you have stopped calling her 'mom' these days..

deebakes
09-03-2022, 11:42 PM
So you're calling her the Gf and you have stopped calling her 'mom' these days..

you've been gone awhile, i divorced the 'mom', now dating the childless gf :lol:

Softdreamer
09-03-2022, 11:55 PM
you've been gone awhile, i divorced the 'mom', now dating the childless gf :lol:

When mom becomes childless, it sounds like suicide. :lol:

deebakes
09-03-2022, 11:59 PM
:idk:

Pony
09-06-2022, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twmojN_N90Y

KevinD
09-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Watched the first episode last night. Plot was actually ok. I cut help but chuckle at the casting and makeup though. All the male elves look gay. The director seems to want all the actors and actresses to speak through closed mouths.
Is this whole thing CGI? Something is off on the facial closeups.

DemonGeminiX
09-06-2022, 12:55 PM
Watched the first episode last night. Plot was actually ok. I cut help but chuckle at the casting and makeup though. All the male elves look gay. The director seems to want all the actors and actresses to speak through closed mouths.
Is this whole thing CGI? Something is off on the facial closeups.

I think they went the other way... no CGI, or as little as possible. A lot of people complained that the Orcs looked terrible in the Hobbit trilogy, which was all CGI, so Amazon decided to do the prosthetic/makeup thing.

I watched both available episodes and I guess my expectations were really low because so far I think it's ok.

Because I'm completely aware of the books' timeline of events in it's entirety, as told in the Silmarillion and others, I'm kind of having a problem with Meteor Man. I know who he is, and he's not supposed to show up in Middle Earth until the Third Age. This show takes place in the Second Age, which ends with the War of the Rings, which is what we're supposed to be working towards. The Meteor Man character, if I'm right about his identity, shouldn't be there at all.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2022, 02:42 PM

PorkChopSandwiches
09-06-2022, 04:03 PM
Amazon and IMDB have removed the user ratings for this because it was so bad :lol: I never made it thru the actual movies, so I have 0 desire to start these

DemonGeminiX
09-06-2022, 04:47 PM
Amazon and IMDB have removed the user ratings for this because it was so bad :lol: I never made it thru the actual movies, so I have 0 desire to start these

I wouldn't say it's bad. It's a tad woke in the first two episodes: Galadriel and the other women are the only ones with any real courage. They portray male elves as cowards or jerks (and they all have short hair for some odd reason). The one visibly brave male elf is black. Galadriel is a lot more belligerent and rebellious in character.

We'll see where it goes.

Pony
09-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Did no one watch my video above? :sad:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-07-2022, 12:42 PM

I watched it :empathy:

lost in melb.
09-25-2022, 02:21 AM

Jerk :nana:

lost in melb.
09-25-2022, 02:22 AM
Ok, we are 5 eps in.

Quiz: Who do you think Sauron is? Runners up?

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2022, 03:12 AM
Ok, we are 5 eps in.

Quiz: Who do you think Sauron is? Runners up?

I'm not so sure we've seen Sauron yet. This show is supposedly going to be 5 seasons, and judging by how slow it's moving right now, we might not see him for a while. We'll probably know who he is when they start talking about forging the rings for the elves, dwarves, and humans, and we haven't scratched that surface yet.

lost in melb.
09-25-2022, 04:08 AM
I'm not so sure we've seen Sauron yet. This show is supposedly going to be 5 seasons, and judging by how slow it's moving right now, we might not see him for a while. We'll probably know who he is when they start talking about forging the rings for the elves, dwarves, and humans, and we haven't scratched that surface yet.

You could be right. Although so they were hinting that the star fall heralds the arrival of Sauron. Also I can't quite remember that there is a reference to flames that don't burn with Sauron.

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2022, 06:37 AM
You could be right. Although so they were hinting that the star fall heralds the arrival of Sauron. Also I can't quite remember that there is a reference to flames that don't burn with Sauron.

But Sauron's already in Middle Earth. He's been in Middle Earth since the 1st Age. Galadriel was searching for him all over the place. Morgoth fled Valinor with the Silmarils to Middle Earth in the 1st Age and that's where the first war took place. Sauron was one of Morgoth's lieutenants. The flames that don't burn is a power to tell you that the Stranger dude is a powerful supernatural being. He's Gandalf, even though I know he shouldn't be there. In the books/appendices, Gandalf and the rest of the Istari sailed separately to Middle Earth from Valinor early in the 3rd Age. That's after the War of the Ring. We are currently telling a story that takes place in the 2nd Age, before the War of the Ring, so it shouldn't be Gandalf, but it is. At least I think it is. Gandalf is fan service. I don't know where you got the star fall specifically heralding the arrival of Sauron. I think that was just a misdirection, a red herring. Sauron's already there. He's been there for a while. The people of Middle Earth have been fighting him for a while. Ever since the 1st war where Morgoth was defeated and locked away in the Void. Sauron was like a bad penny, he just kept turning back up. But he's always been there in Middle Earth.

lost in melb.
10-02-2022, 03:47 AM
" I don't know where you got the star fall specifically heralding the arrival of Sauron. "

I'll have to check that out again. I'm pretty sure Sauron was in disguise during the second age. Let's see...

lost in melb.
10-02-2022, 03:48 AM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2022/09/30/the-rings-of-power-is-abusing-fast-travel-even-worse-than-game-of-thrones/?sh=39ab313149f6

True. It was a little lazy.

Pony
10-04-2022, 08:30 PM
The damn rally speeches annoyed me a bit. Especially the one for the Orcs.

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2022, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Sauron was in disguise during the second age. Let's see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjDQ5k_nBQI

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2022, 10:53 PM
:lol: I love this guy. He cracks me up in every video he posts. He is so brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=416vFlu595Q

lost in melb.
10-05-2022, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the vids :)

lost in melb.
10-14-2022, 02:45 PM
Halibrand!

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2022, 09:06 PM
Halibrand!

Yep.

Told ya that "the Stranger" was Gandalf. They didn't explicitly name him, but he's dropping Gandalfisms: When in doubt, always follow your nose.

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2022, 12:50 AM
Ok, maybe the wizard could be one of Tolkien's blue wizards. There were 2 of them and nothing much was said about them except one of them went into Rhun to inspire the people there to rise up against Sauron, but again, this was in the 3rd age.

lost in melb.
10-15-2022, 01:56 AM
Ok, maybe the wizard could be one of Tolkien's blue wizards. There were 2 of them and nothing much was said about them except one of them went into Rhun to inspire the people there to rise up against Sauron, but again, this was in the 3rd age.

Yeah, it could be another Wizard. Has Gandalf's height, though...

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2022, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it could be another Wizard. Has Gandalf's height, though...

And the whole gray thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjnzNS9TIY

It's Gandalf.

lost in melb.
10-16-2022, 02:39 AM
Superb :tup: