PDA

View Full Version : Utah woman's throat slit by homeless man who she let into her home to take a shower: police

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2022, 11:47 AM
By Paul Best | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/VYAgFV1.png

A Utah woman's throat was slit by a homeless man after she let him into her home to take a shower, according to the Salt Lake City Police Department.

Police were called to the apartment around 5:00 p.m. last Sunday after receiving a report of a "woman bleeding heavily."

The victim, whose identity has not been released by police, was transported to a local hospital for emergency surgery and was later upgraded to critical but stable condition.

She told police that she let the suspect inside her residence so he could shower and described him as homeless.

The suspect, 30-year-old Eric Jones, was arrested two miles away from where he allegedly slit the woman's throat in the early hours of Feb. 11. He was charged with one count of aggravated assault.

Salt Lake City police detective Michelle Mechling said it's unclear if the victim knew the suspect.

"It goes along with – know who you’re letting into your house and don’t let people you don’t know into your house," Mechling told FOX 13 Utah.

Hugh_Janus
02-14-2022, 10:00 PM
aggravated assault... wtf? go fuck yourselves

DemonGeminiX
02-15-2022, 03:59 AM
Aggravated assault's a pretty serious charge. If you're looking for attempted murder, there's an intent that needs to be proven. Kinda hard in cases that are apparent random acts of senseless violence, like this one is. Aggravated assault is practically attempted murder but doesn't require intent.

lost in melb.
02-15-2022, 04:07 AM
Homeless people can be dangerous. This dude knocked on my door the other day and wanted a metal case with optometrist gear sitting in the porch -that I was about to throw out. He looked pretty harmless, but I wasn't taking any chances. It took a bit of maneuvering not to have my back turned to him.

RBP
02-15-2022, 04:24 AM
Aggravated assault's a pretty serious charge. If you're looking for attempted murder, there's an intent that needs to be proven. Kinda hard in cases that are apparent random acts of senseless violence, like this one is. Aggravated assault is practically attempted murder but doesn't require intent.

And used to remand while the rest of the case is put together.

DemonGeminiX
02-15-2022, 11:45 AM
And used to remand while the rest of the case is put together.

This is very true. More charges could be pending. But AA is good enough reason to hold without bail.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2022, 05:25 PM
stupid games / stupid prizes

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2022, 05:26 PM
stupid games / stupid prizes

Have to kinda agree with this. Why the fuck would you let some unknown homeless man into your place?