PDA

View Full Version : ‘We’re Taking The Power Out Of Your Hands’: Virginia Mom Confronts School Board Member With Maskless Photo, And She Storms Out

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2022, 02:01 PM
By Virginia Kruta - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/CX6dZawl.jpg

One of the school board members abruptly walked out of a meeting in Montgomery County, Virginia, after a parent confronted her with photos of herself, maskless, in a public setting.

The mother, whose name was not revealed in the video shared by NewsBusters, began by confronting the board as a whole and saying that parents all over the state were ready to take the power back from the school boards and returning it to the parents.

WATCH:
“Senate Bill 739, as you guys probably know, is going to be signed into law very soon and so we’re taking the power out of your hands and putting it back with the parents, the way it should be,” she began.

“And it’s very concerning that you guys would take the power away from the parents,” she continued, going on to single out one member of the board. “The you were saying — introducing the public address comment, you said, ‘This is the time we get to hear from the students, from the staff, and from the community members.’ You didn’t mention parents, not one bit. And I think that’s a big issue for Montgomery County, because you guys do not like the parents. That’s how I feel, because you’re taking the choice away from the parents and you’re trying to take it and put it into your hands — for financial reasons? I don’t know.”

“We sat here last year and listened to you guys preach to us about Governor Northam’s executive orders,” she added, asking why, if executive orders from the previous Governor Ralph Northam (D) demanded compliance without question, the new direction coming from Governor Glenn Youngkin (R) was not afforded the same deference.

“Why is it different from the last year when we were here to this year?” she asked. “Two different governors, two different political parties. So we were supposed to follow it last year but not this year. That makes no sense and makes all of you a bunch of hypocrites.”

She then called out that same board member directly, noting that she had yelled at parents for taking off their masks.

“Here’s a picture of you,” she said, holding up her phone. “Right here, on Facebook, with a crowd of people —”

“That’s it!” the board member interrupted, banging the gavel on the desk.

“— with no mask on,” the woman continued. “This is my time, and I don’t interrupt you.”

“No!” the board member shouted back.

Another board member spoke up after apparently cutting the woman’s mic. “I’m sorry … you are done. If you are going to sit there and disparage a member of our school board, then you can sit down. If you have something effective to say — I am not going to sit here — can we have a police officer please?”

“Really? Are you that scared?” the woman asked.

“No, I’m not scared, I don’t care,” the board member shot back, telling the woman to talk about the students and not the board members.

An officer came up to the microphone where the woman was still attempting to talk despite the sound being cut, apparently asking her to leave, but returned to his post by the door after just a moment.

The board member continued to loudly complain that parents should not be able to show photos of them and their families, at which point the woman could be heard clearly despite the cut mic saying that the school board’s policies had impacted students’ families.

“I’m done! Either she leaves or I do,” the board member exclaimed before storming out of the room.

Muddy
02-21-2022, 02:28 PM
Blah blah blah.. The schools are just following the guidance of the CDC. CDC changes and the schools will change... Too much liability otherwise.

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2022, 02:43 PM
Do as I say, not as I do. :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-22-2022, 05:19 PM
Blah blah blah.. The schools are just following the guidance of the CDC. CDC changes and the schools will change... Too much liability otherwise.

Its a recommendation, stop it already. Plenty of schools arent doing it and arent having issues