PDA

View Full Version : Liberal MP says ‘Honk Honk’ is code for ‘Heil Hitler’, cites Antifa as source

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2022, 12:51 PM
Katie Daviscourt - The Post Millennial

https://i.imgur.com/PFgWxPr.png

Canadian Liberal MP Ya'ara Saks said that "Honk Honk" is code for "Heil Hitler" while testifying in parliament on Monday in defense of Trudeau invoking the Emergencies Act to crack down on Canadian freedom protesters.

"How many guns need to be seized? How much vitriol do we have to see of "Honk Honk" which is a new acronym [sic] of "Heil Hitler"? What do we need to see by these protesters on social media?" Ya'ara Saks said.

After receiving backlash for her outlandish remarks, Saks embarrassingly defended her comments on Twitter by citing a thread from a self-proclaimed Antifa member named Gwen Snyder.

"For those who think that 'Honk Honk' is some innocuous joke. I'll leave this here," Saks said in a Twitter post on Monday.
Snyder wrote:

"It's easy to miss nazi/'alt-right' signifiers are if you aren't swimming in this cesspool all the time. So this is going to be a running thread on what to watch for, with a special emphasis on vocabulary and symbols that should make you suspicious.

"Let's start with a classic and a new variant: 88 and "HH" phrases like "honk honk." They mean "heil hitler." H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, thus 88. "Honk honk" is associated with the honkler and is often used "ironically" by alt-right trolls."

Writer Batya Ungar-Sargon slammed the clueless MP:

"Liberal elites hear 'Heil Hitler' when workers raise up their voices and demand the right to work on their own terms because it threatens elites' monopoly on power—so they project a fascist threat onto the victims of their own authoritarian overreach."
On Monday night, Canada's parliament voted to confirm Prime Minister Trudeau's declaration of the Emergencies Act in response to the freedom protests that have swept across the nation for three weeks. The vote was 185 in favor to 151 against.

lost in melb.
02-22-2022, 01:02 PM
She's probably right.

DemonGeminiX
02-22-2022, 01:18 PM
Has Godfather commented on what's going on in Canuckistan?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2022, 01:26 PM
She's probably right.

:uhhuh:

RBP
02-22-2022, 02:12 PM
She's probably right.

I would say she is most decidedly extreme left.

lost in melb.
02-22-2022, 02:37 PM
:uhhuh:

I would say she is most decidedly extreme left.

Yeah, but so what if there are a few Nazis? All 2 dozen of them.

Godfather has them under control :)

DemonGeminiX
02-22-2022, 04:23 PM
Yeah, but so what if there are a few Nazis? All 2 dozen of them.

Godfather has them under control :)

Trudeau has them beating the shit out of the peaceful protesting truckers in Ontario.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-22-2022, 04:27 PM
idiots :roll:

Honk Honk is because these people live in clown world, so as clowns, they get the clown horn.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2022, 04:34 PM
idiots :roll:

Honk Honk is because these people live in clown world, so as clowns, they get the clown horn.

ADMIT IT, YOU'RE A NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

DemonGeminiX
02-22-2022, 08:34 PM
Warning: old racist joke

A little white boy and a little black boy are on the playground talking. The little black boy says, "My daddy has a car and its horn goes 'Honky! Honky!'". Later on at home, the little white boy tells his father what the little black boy said, and the father says, "The next time you see your little black friend, tell him I have a chainsaw that goes, "Run, nigga nigga nigga! Run! Run! Run, nigga nigga nigga!"

Godfather
02-23-2022, 07:39 AM
I'm going to put my lefty feelings on this matter on full display here to be blasted, but it's my own country for once so whatever :lol:

These truckers are idiots. COVID mandates are almost all made at the provincial level... do these supposed freedom loving Canadians actually want Trudeau usurping Provincial power at the Federal level? I don't. The convoy's demands are disorganized and inarticulate. I am BLM-level confused at what goes through their minds when I see them interviewed on the news. :lol:

As I understand it, legally this is now an occupation and not a demonstration, so cries about Charter 7 rights are misunderstood by these squatters. I've been on calls with clients in Ottawa calling from their homes and all you can hear is trucks blaring horns in the background... for 3 weeks... all damn day. Not to mention everyone at Rideau Centre (huge shopping mall) who lost 3 weeks of work because of the squatters. Imagine living with that? Charter rights don't protect this occupation since they're now camping out with bouncy castles, kitchens, hot tubs and bathrooms. Time to impound their shit and clean it up. We were all here cheering for arrests at "Occupy" protests 10 years ago. Is it somehow different if you agree with their politics?

Look, I don't like Trudeau enacting the Emergencies Act because I think it's throwing gas on a fire, but it has been approved by a majority vote of Members of Parliament and is limited in both geographical area and duration. The Act requires independent inquiry after it's concluded so it can be debated whether this was necessary but polls have shown the majority of Canadians support it (although again, I'm sure we all wish it didn't come to this).

And funding... why are millions of dollars in funding coming from outside Canada? That is bizarre at best. Why are other countries so acutely concerned with a minority group of the Flu Trucks Klan in Canada, and so keen on blowing this story up to epic proportions? Right wing media here and abroad are highly inflammatory and misrepresenting a lot of what's going on - the horse trample story for example. I find it suspect.

I do not support a few thousand people in a country of 36 million camping out at Parliament and saying they'll squat until laws are changed or overturned. It's undemocratic.

DemonGeminiX
02-23-2022, 08:31 AM
:hug: