PDA

View Full Version : China accuses Taiwan of trying to stir anti-Beijing sentiment over comparisons with Ukraine

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Brie Stimson | FOX News

https://i.imgur.com/Wo1mU5K.png

After Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen ordered the island's armed forces to be on alert amid tensions between Russia and Ukraine, Beijing on Wednesday balked at the comparison, calling the move "self-serving."

"Taiwan is not Ukraine," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said, according to Reuters. "Taiwan has always been an inalienable part of China. This is an indisputable legal and historical fact." Taiwan considers itself an independent state.

Last weekend, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson drew parallels between the Russia-Ukraine situation and mainland China and Taiwan.

“If Ukraine is endangered, the shock will echo around the world," he said at the Munich Security Conference. "And those echoes will be heard in east Asia, will be heard in Taiwan. People would draw the conclusion that aggression pays, and that might is right."

Beijing sees Taiwan as a breakaway province that could be taken by force if deemed necessary.

Beijing Taiwan Affairs Office spokesman Ma Xiaoguang accused Taiwan of trying to stir anti-mainland sentiment by playing up "so-called military threats" from China, which he called "self-serving," according to the South China Morning Post.

lost in melb.
02-24-2022, 11:12 AM
Queue Taiwan declaring full independence, persecuting Chinese nationals within Taiwan and threatening to develop nukes and use them on China :mad:

Oh, hold on, wrong thread...

Muddy
02-24-2022, 02:07 PM
And jackass Trump is down there in Florida burning up the airwaves about how weak we are and how great Russia's doing and how Taiwan's next.. I'm starting to really dislike that guy.. Everything is about his weak little ego..

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2022, 03:54 PM
And jackass Trump is down there in Florida burning up the airwaves about how weak we are and how great Russia's doing and how Taiwan's next.. I'm starting to really dislike that guy.. Everything is about his weak little ego..

But he's not wrong.

Muddy
02-24-2022, 03:58 PM
But he's not wrong.

He's a jackass that cares only about stroking his own ego.

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2022, 03:59 PM
He's a jackass that cares only about stroking his own ego.

And he's not wrong.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-24-2022, 04:07 PM
I agree with DGX, he's just calling a spade a spade

Muddy
02-24-2022, 04:48 PM
And he's not wrong.

Neither am I.

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2022, 06:37 PM
Neither am I.

Doesn't matter how you feel about the man. He is and can be the biggest asshole on the face of the Earth, but being an asshole doesn't make him wrong.

Muddy
02-24-2022, 06:45 PM
Doesn't matter how you feel about the man. He is and can be the biggest asshole on the face of the Earth, but being an asshole doesn't make him wrong.

He's entitled to his opinions, until this thing plays out I'll never concede to him being right.

RBP
02-25-2022, 03:20 AM
He's entitled to his opinions, until this thing plays out I'll never concede to him being right.

Muddy.. I have to say... before I read his comments, I had said "Putin is recognizing the independence of 'break away republics' and sending in 'peace keeping forces'? Wow, that's pretty brilliant" And launching cyber attacks... pretty fucking smart strategy. Now, the next day he fucked it up by his inability to keep his hand off his dick and ordering a full invasion. But for a day... not bad, crazy Russian.

RBP
02-25-2022, 03:22 AM
Queue Taiwan declaring full independence, persecuting Chinese nationals within Taiwan and threatening to develop nukes and use them on China :mad:

Oh, hold on, wrong thread...

Taiwan has been independent since the CCP staged a coup in 1949. Same as NATO. Ukraine was 90's cold war.

lost in melb.
02-25-2022, 06:06 AM
Taiwan has been independent since the CCP staged a coup in 1949. Same as NATO. Ukraine was 90's cold war.

Let me make my point clearer and drop the PC hat altogether :)

If Taiwan adopted the same belligerent attitude towards China as Ukraine did to Russia, they would have a Communist plow up the ass before sunset.

The reason Ukraine doesn't have full NATO support is also because privately they know that they are ning-nongs that would be quite happy to drag the world into WW3.

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2022, 11:53 AM
Let me make my point clearer and drop the PC hat altogether :)

If Taiwan adopted the same belligerent attitude towards China as Ukraine did to Russia, they would have a Communist plow up the ass before sunset.

The reason Ukraine doesn't have full NATO support is also because privately they know that they are ning-nongs that would be quite happy to drag the world into WW3.

So, what you're saying is because Ukraine switched from Pro-Russia to Pro-West and was vocal about it, they're getting what they deserve?