PDA

View Full Version : Foodies divided over McDonald's new coriander sundae topped with dried herbs

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2022, 01:25 PM
By Sophie Foster, Lifestyle & Travel Reporter - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/5M6a57E.jpg

A new “cilantro sundae” from McDonald’s has divided the food world after being released in China on Monday.

The bizarre green sundae comes with a coriander flavoured sauce on top and dried coriander flakes for an unusual savoury-sweet menu item.

Foodies were divided with some being curious to try the treat while others dubbed it “ruined ice cream”.

Images of the Chinese treat were shared on Twitter where people flooded the comments with their thoughts.

One person wrote: “I am glad I live on the other side of the planet, I want that thing as far away from me as possible.”

While another said: “Looks like frogs put through a blender.”

And, a Daily Mail reader added: “Yuck coriander smells and tastes awful.”

However, just as many people were keep to tuck into the unusual dessert.

One person said: “I would definitely give it a go.”

And, another added that coriander is “one of their favourite things”.

A third replied: “Dear McDonald's, when is coriander sundae ice cream coming to Singapore? Pretty pls…”

The dessert costs 6.6yuan which is equal to just 77p.

And, fans in the country managed to try the pudding and gave their thoughts on the coriander ice cream.

One such reviewer said: “I bought one, they are pretty good, more like lime and mint.”

Other McDonald’s fans shared images of the unusual items found on their country’s menu.

“McDonald's Thailand would like to say hello,” added a man who shared a snap of their Chilli Paste Pork Ice Cream.

And another noted that McDonald’s China had launched an Oreo and Spam burger just last year.

DemonGeminiX
02-28-2022, 06:48 PM
No.

:hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Eat it! :x

lost in melb.
02-28-2022, 07:02 PM
Nice colour :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-28-2022, 09:07 PM