PDA

View Full Version : Oblivious winner dodged lottery's phone calls for days

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2022, 01:32 PM
By Ben Hooper - UPI

https://i.imgur.com/XKAubn8.png

March 1 (UPI) -- An Australian woman found out she had won a lottery jackpot of more than $70,000 after multiple days of dodging phone calls that she assumed were scammers.

The Frenchs Forest, New South Wales, woman told The Lott officials she bought a ticket for the Feb. 25 Lucky Lotteries drawing at thelott.com, but forgot to check her account after the drawing.

Lottery officials tried contacting the winner by phone, but the woman ignored the calls for several days, assuming they were scam-related.

"I received some phone calls and emails straight after the draw, but I didn't recognize the phone number or email, so I didn't answer or take any notice! I said to myself, 'It's definitely a scam,'" the woman recalled.

"I ignored the phone calls and emails for a few days, and then, eventually, I decided to log in to my online The Lott account. It all started to make sense when I discovered I'd won."

The woman won a jackpot of $72,580.50. The winner said she still is thinking about how to use her prize money.

"I'll have to take everything in first and wait for the prize to land into the bank account before I can decide what I'll spend it on, but I know it will go to good use," she said.

"I've been playing for about 10 years now, so I'm just so excited to have won a major lottery prize!"

lost in melb.
03-06-2022, 10:26 AM
Lol. I don't blame here. A shocking number of crank calls and fake sms at the moment :meh:

Godfather
03-07-2022, 12:21 AM
Ya same here... a lot of them start with a V for some reason too, who is even answering those? :lol: The spam calls are out of control these days.

deebakes
03-07-2022, 12:22 AM
i don't remember the last time i answered the phone from an unknown number :lol:

lost in melb.
03-07-2022, 01:15 AM
i don't remember the last time i answered the phone from an unknown number :lol:

You don't know what you've missed out on :nono:

deebakes
03-07-2022, 04:00 AM
if it is important, leave a message... otherwise it is about extending my vehicle warranty

lost in melb.
03-07-2022, 04:58 AM
if it is important, leave a message... otherwise it is about extending my vehicle warranty wee little willie

:giggle:

deebakes
03-07-2022, 05:18 AM
you must be on different call lists than me :lol:

lost in melb.
03-07-2022, 05:34 AM
What!? If I was projecting you'd be getting calls from virgins wanting to impale themselves on your monster-snake :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2022, 11:31 AM
if it is important, leave a message... otherwise it is about extending my vehicle warranty

Sometimes they are wanting to lower your credit card interest rate :hand: