PDA

View Full Version : ‘Aren’t We Financing The War?’: Fox News Reporter Confronts Jen Psaki On US Oil Policy

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2022, 02:33 PM
Bryan Babb - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/yyuf1OGl.jpg

Fox News’s Jacqui Heinrich grilled White House press secretary Jen Psaki on the state of domestic energy production, leading to a terse exchange between the two at a press briefing on Thursday.

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIS64rPzbSU

Heinrich asked Psaki if there was anything President Joe Biden’s administration was capable of doing that would get domestic oil providers “back to pre-pandemic levels.”

“Do you think the oil companies don’t have enough money to drill on the places that have been pre-approved?” Psaki responded.

“I’m just asking,” Heinrich replied.

“I would point that question to them and we can talk about it more tomorrow when you learn more,” Psaki said.

Heinrich continued to press Psaki, bringing up the possibility of opening the Keystone XL Pipeline, as well as asking if the Biden administration could attempt more “energy-friendly policies.”

Psaki responded by saying that Keystone “has never been operational,” and that it would “take years for that to have any impact.” Psaki continued, stating that opening Keystone is a “proposed solution” that would have “no impact.”

“During those years it would take to bring down prices as you’re saying,” Heinrich said, “Do you think we should just continued to buy Russian oil?”

Psaki replied, stating that Heinrich was “familiar with a number of steps we have taken,” including a “historic release from the strategic petroleum reserve.” When Heinrich attempted to interject, Psaki told her to “let me finish.”

Psaki continued, saying the U.S. and Europe should, over time, focus on reducing its “reliance on oil” and invest in “clean energy.”

“As long as we’re buying Russian oil, aren’t we financing the war?” Heinrich asked.

Psaki said that the oil from Russia was “only about 10% of what we’re importing,” and that any move the Biden administration makes is designed to have the maximum impact on Russian President Vladimir Putin and minimum impact on Americans.

Muddy
03-04-2022, 03:16 PM
That stupid keystone line is nothing but a way to ship oil to shipping terminals so it can be sold to the highest bidder. Most likely out of this country..

RBP
03-05-2022, 12:36 AM
That stupid keystone line is nothing but a way to ship oil to shipping terminals so it can be sold to the highest bidder. Most likely out of this country..

:lol: Are you getting handies from a leftist?

I understand how that market works, but the notion that we should minimize domestic production and therefore eliminate the possibility of energy independence is kinda silly dude.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2022, 12:43 AM
Not to mention the fact that the pipeline brings the Canadian oil to US refineries to make usable fuels, not to send the oil to ports for export.

RBP
03-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Not to mention the fact that the pipeline brings the Canadian oil to US refineries to make usable fuels, not to send the oil to ports for export.

What, stop. We don't need high paying union refinery jobs. Imagine if we actually allowed new refineries to open up?!? The horror.

Muddy
03-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Hey Id be all down if it were for us.. No lefty hand jobs needed, I just see it the way I do..

RBP
03-05-2022, 12:49 AM
Hey Id be all down if it were for us.. No lefty hand jobs needed, I just see it the way I do..

I consider that a anti-production talking point. Yes, the market is international. But conflating the argument isn't a smart argument.

Muddy
03-05-2022, 12:50 AM
I consider that a anti-production talking point. Yes, the market is international. But conflating the argument isn't a smart argument.

I never took debate..

RBP
03-05-2022, 01:09 AM
I never took debate..

my man... just go with me here...

Is that end product sold on a global market... yes, I agree with you. You are correct.

So here's the scenario... we bring the oil in through the pipeline.
We pay thousands of union workers great money build and to maintain the pipeline.
We pay thousands of union workers great money to work in the refineries.
The production increases the global supply and therefore decreases global cost...including to us.
It provides a safe haven should we need to get out of the global market and keep everything at home in a world crisis.

So is it sold on a global market? Yes. Does that single talking point answer the question? No. Controlling the means of production is always a domestic advantage.

Muddy
03-05-2022, 01:46 AM
my man... just go with me here...

Is that end product sold on a global market... yes, I agree with you. You are correct.

So here's the scenario... we bring the oil in through the pipeline.
We pay thousands of union workers great money build and to maintain the pipeline.
We pay thousands of union workers great money to work in the refineries.
The production increases the global supply and therefore decreases global cost...including to us.
It provides a safe haven should we need to get out of the global market and keep everything at home in a world crisis.

So is it sold on a global market? Yes. Does that single talking point answer the question? No. Controlling the means of production is always a domestic advantage.

You make good valid points in favor of it.. Like now.. it'd be nice to capitilize on its presence here..

KevinD
03-05-2022, 01:29 PM
How about we just get the DoE to, I dunno, do its job?
Its sole purpose for being was to get the US off foreign oil.

KevinD
03-05-2022, 01:33 PM

1. Not running the pipeline doesn't mean the oil isn't going to the refineries and ports. It simply means the the oil is being transported via rail or truck.
Think about that for a mo.

2. Guess who owns the largest railroad in the US?

Muddy
03-05-2022, 02:35 PM
1. Not running the pipeline doesn't mean the oil isn't going to the refineries and ports. It simply means the the oil is being transported via rail or truck.
Think about that for a mo.

2. Guess who owns the largest railroad in the US?

I don't know..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2022, 04:04 PM
How about we just get the DoE to, I dunno, do its job?
Its sole purpose for being was to get the US off foreign oil.We were a net exporter of petroleum products here in the very recent past....

Muddy
03-05-2022, 05:07 PM
Do you know the answer to Kevin's question?

RBP
03-05-2022, 05:47 PM
Do you know the answer to Kevin's question?

I thought it was Warren Buffett

KevinD
03-06-2022, 05:06 AM
Buffet owns BSNF.

He used to own Union Pacific and another one I can't remember the name of.