PDA

View Full Version : Obese shoplifter nabbed when motorized scooter gets stuck

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
By Dave Phillips - The Macomb Daily

http://i.imgur.com/HNrne.jpg

A Pontiac woman’s alleged theft attempt was foiled this week when her motorized cart became stuck at a Rochester Hills Meijer.

Jerrie Perkins, 30, is charged with unarmed robbery, resisting and obstructing a police officer and second-degree retail fraud.

Her bond was set at $15,000 by 52-3 District Magistrate Nick Camargo during arraignment Thursday.

Investigators said Perkins was attempting to leave the Rochester Road Meijer with more than $600 worth of stolen electronic merchandise when her cart got stuck and she was unable to drive out the door.

The door alarm was activated when Perkins passed through it around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday, and Meijer employees approached her asking for a receipt for the items.

Perkins — approximately 5 foot 2 and 400 pounds — shoved a loss prevention officer and hit her in the face, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

A sheriff’s deputy arrived and asked Perkins to put her hands behind her back, but she “cursed at the deputy, balled her right hand into a fist and took a fighting stance,” according to a press release from the Sheriff’s Office.

The deputy pulled his Taser and told Perkins to put her hands behind her back, but Perkins brought her fist up over her head and looked directly at the deputy.

The deputy Tasered Perkins, who then complied with the deputy’s commands and was taken to jail.

pepo
02-15-2011, 03:59 PM
dont do the crime if you got fat in you behind!!!

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 01:11 AM
she has to use a cart to get around...yet she assumed a fighting stance and balled her fists when challenged?

take away her damned scooter and get her a treadmill

Deepsepia
02-17-2011, 03:24 AM
dont do the crime if you got fat in you behind!!!

Pepo, now I know where I knew you from . . . Isn't this you with your old friend Beretta?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_C-wWdlhqHzE/SzGa4qQeelI/AAAAAAAAMcQ/2HqSB46F1hw/11-tvpets-baretta1.jpg