PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis prosecutors will not charge man arrested for trying to carjack police officers

Teh One Who Knocks
03-22-2022, 11:09 AM
By Emma Colton | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/ImM689Il.jpg
St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner

Prosecutors in St. Louis, Missouri, declined filing charges against a man who allegedly attempted to carjack a marked police SUV while two officers were inside, according to police.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department sought charges of first-degree robbery, armed criminal action and resisting arrest against a 27-year-old suspect who allegedly tried to carry out the carjacking Saturday.

A spokeswoman for the police said Monday that the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s office refused to file charges, the St. Louis Dispatch reported.

A spokeswoman for Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner told 5 On Your Side the case "is under investigation," but declined answering why charges weren’t filed.

Fox News Digital reached out to the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s office early Tuesday morning.

Police said officers responded to a report of shots fired Saturday morning at about 3 a.m. in the city. The officers in the marked police SUV said a man stepped in front of their car as it was moving, before the man stood next to the passenger’s window and pointed a gun.

The man ran off when he realized it was a police vehicle, according to the officers.

The two officers called dispatch and provided a description of the man. The suspect was apprehended in the parking lot of a nearby restaurant. Police found he was carrying a gun during a search.

The suspect, who was not named in local media reports, is facing other previous charges in the St. Louis area, including domestic assault, violating an order of protection and first-degree property damage, according to 5 On Your Side.

KevinD
03-23-2022, 01:02 AM
Wtf?

DemonGeminiX
03-23-2022, 01:57 PM
If I was a cop, I'd take that to mean that I should just shoot the perp if it ever happens again.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-23-2022, 03:56 PM
I'll take black perp for $1000 Alex

lost in melb.
03-30-2022, 01:40 AM
What's going on there in the US? :?

deebakes
03-30-2022, 01:41 AM
who knows anymore? :?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-31-2022, 03:58 PM
What's going on there in the US? :?