PDA

View Full Version : Family Of Deceased Man Sues Funeral Home For Preventing His ‘Rapture’ In Second Coming

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2022, 12:54 PM
By Carl Anthony - Daily Boulder

https://i.imgur.com/Sm45u9C.jpg

A funeral home in Little Rock, Arkansas has been sued by the family of a deceased man for cremating their loved one against their wishes and preventing him from being “raptured following the second coming.”

The lawsuit, filed by attorney Brandon Lacy of Lacy Law Firm on March 8, claims that Harold D. Lee, of Pauline, South Carolina, was transferred Roller-McNutt Funeral Home after he was found dead on Thanksgiving Day of 2019. Based on his final wishes, he wanted to be buried next to his parents at a Quitman, Arkansas.

The suit stated that Harold was “extremely religious” and also wished “not to be cremated, as he believed his body would be raptured following the second coming.” However, the funeral home notified the family on Dec. 10, 2019, that they ‘accidentally cremated the body’”, local ABC affiliate KNOE reported.

The suit claims that the funeral home’s actions “caused Harold’s family extreme mental and emotional distress” after failing to abide by Harold’s wishes. Now, Harold’s family is asking for financial restitution and to recover damages.

After the mishap, Roller-McNutt waived the cost of the funeral, apologized for the mistake, and returned the $5,000 it was paid in burial insurance after the mistake was made, according to the lawsuit.

No court dates have been set, according to the station.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2022, 01:01 PM
Nothing says religious more than suing for the holy dollar.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2022, 03:18 PM
I dont know how you can win this based on religion, but cremating a body that you wanted to bury I'm sure isn't legal :lol:

lost in melb.
03-29-2022, 05:17 PM
They fucked up. Sue.

Pony
03-29-2022, 10:35 PM
They destroyed him before he could be reborn? So would this technically be an abortion?