PDA

View Full Version : White House Rushes To Clean Up Disastrous Remarks Biden Made About Putin During Speech

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2022, 11:51 AM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/btEEA6il.jpg

The White House was forced to once again clean up highly problematic remarks made by Democrat President Joe Biden during his trip to Poland this week.

“A dictator, bent on rebuilding an empire, will never erase the people’s love for liberty,” Biden said on Saturday at the Royal Castle in Warsaw. “Ukraine will never be a victory for Russia, for free people refuse to live in a world of hopelessness and darkness. For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power.”

The White House had to quickly clean up the president’s remarks after they were widely interpreted in reports as him calling for regime change in Russia.

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region,” a White House official said. “He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change.”
The administration also had to clean up remarks that Biden made in Poland on Friday when he appeared to tell U.S. soldiers that they would be getting deployed to Ukraine, which would represent a serious escalation in the ongoing conflict, and would draw NATO into the war against Russia.

ABC News reported that Biden “raised eyebrows when he appeared to tell the group that American troops will be going into Ukraine, though he has repeatedly said that he will not send troops there.”

“You know, with the Ukrainian people, Ukrainian people have a lot of backbone, they have a lot of guts and I’m sure you’re observing it,” Biden said. “And you’re gonna see when you’re there, and some of you have been there. You’re gonna see, you’re gonna see women, young people standing, standing in the middle, in front of a damn tank, just saying I’m not leaving. I’m holding my ground. They’re incredible. But they take a lot of inspiration from us.”

The Biden administration had to swiftly clean up after the president by issuing a statement claiming that his position on deploying U.S. soldiers had not changed.

“The president has been clear we are not sending U.S. troops to Ukraine and there is no change in that position,” the administration said.

The administration also had to clean up remarks that Biden made on Thursday when he said that if Russia were to use chemical weapons in Ukraine, “it would trigger a response in-kind.”

National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan said the U.S. has “no intention” of using chemical weapons and that what Biden meant was that Russia would pay a “severe price.”

“And I won’t go beyond that other than to say the United States has no intention of using chemical weapons, period, under any circumstances,” Sullivan said. “I will just say, with respect to any use of weapons of mass destruction — nuclear, chemical, biological — Russia would pay a severe price.”

lost in melb.
03-28-2022, 03:03 PM
stick to the script grandpa!

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2022, 03:09 PM
https://c.tenor.com/B74RRAQld-kAAAAC/biden-joe-biden.gif

deebakes
03-29-2022, 12:48 AM
:honk:

perrhaps
03-29-2022, 10:01 AM
He may be the human equivalent of a potted plant, but he only said what most Americans are thinking.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2022, 11:48 AM
BRYAN BABB, CONTRIBUTOR - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/ED4pFihl.jpg

Fox News’ Peter Doocy confronted President Joe Biden at a press conference Monday, asking the president if he believed other world leaders would accept that “America is back” if what Biden says on the “world stage keeps getting walked back.”

Doocy pressed the president over the “big things” that Biden says on the world stage “keep getting walked back.” When Biden asked Doocy what was getting walked back, the Fox News reporter mentioned the president’s remarks on U.S. troops going to Ukraine, the possibility of the U.S. using a chemical weapon, and that it “sounded like” Biden was calling for a “regime change in Russia.”

“None of the three occurred,” Biden responded. “You interpret the language that way. I was talking to the troops. We were talking about helping train the troops, the Ukrainian troops, that are in Poland.” (RELATED: Kamala Harris Laughs At Serious Question, Gazes Up To Polish President For Help Answering It)

“So when you said ‘you’re going to see when you’re there,'” Doocy continued. “You were not intending to-”

“I was referring to, with, being with and talking with the Ukrainian troops that are in Poland,” Biden said before Doocy finished.

“And when you said chemical weapon use by Russia would trigger a response in kind,” Doocy said.

“It will trigger a significant response,” Biden answered.

“What does that mean?” Doocy asked.

“I’m not going to tell you,” Biden said. “Why would I tell you? That would be silly.”

“The world wants to know,” Doocy responded.

“The world wants to know a lot of things, I’m not telling them what the response would be. Russia knows the response,” Biden said.

Biden was asked Thursday if the U.S. and NATO “would respond with military action” if Russia used chemical weapons against Ukraine. While Biden did not specifically state how the U.S. would react to chemical weapons usage, he did say that it would “trigger a response in kind.”

lost in melb.
03-29-2022, 12:15 PM
I read the full correspondence here. And I don't see anything unreasonable.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2022, 03:27 PM
By Jesse O’Neill - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/ojMB4ZTh.jpg

President Joe Biden once again referred to a printed cheat sheet sheet as he doubled down on his unscripted weekend claim that Vladimir Putin “cannot remain in power.”

On Monday Biden, 79, told reporters he made “no apologies” for his remarks — made off the cuff and not part of his prepared speech in a nationally televised address from Poland Saturday — and did not view it as a provocation to Russia.

“It’s more an aspiration than anything. He shouldn’t be in power. There’s no — I mean, people like this shouldn’t be ruling countries, but they do. The fact is they do, but it doesn’t mean I can’t express my outrage about it.”

His comments closely aligned with notes printed on a small piece of paper that he was photographed holding in his left hand as he spoke that began as follows:

If you weren’t advocating for regime change, what did you mean? Can you clarify?
I was expressing the moral outrage I felt towards the actions of this man
I was not articulating a change in policy

“I was talking to the Russian people. The last part of the speech was talking to the Russian people, telling them what we thought,” Biden told reporters.

https://i.imgur.com/0iV8fTJ.jpg
President Joe Biden holds a note with talking points related to his comments on Putin.

https://i.imgur.com/eZuCpMa.png

The president has been photographed several times using a cheat sheet to talk to reporters and voters both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

About two weeks before the 2020 election, he pulled notes out of his jacket as he fielded a question about taxes at a Town Hall event.

“I carry this card with me,” Biden told the inquiring voter as he repeatedly referenced the notes to recite a litany of dollar amounts and percentages pertaining to his plan to eliminate the tax cuts of former President Donald Trump.

Photos showed he used several cheat sheets during his first presidential press conference, including one with the headshots and names of reporters he planned to call on.

Biden also utilized notes during a 2021 summit with Putin, while touring the damage of Hurricane Ida in Louisiana and while calling on reporters at the G20 summit in Rome.

“I’ll take your questions, and as usual, folks, they gave me a list of the people I’m going to call on,” Biden told the assembled media at the November forum.

lost in melb.
03-30-2022, 03:50 PM
:facepalm:

deebakes
03-30-2022, 06:34 PM
this guy is a fucking joke

DemonGeminiX
03-30-2022, 07:59 PM
Do you think he shits his pants? I mean, the White House has to clean up all of the shit that comes out of the mouth... is he having trouble controlling the other end as well?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-31-2022, 03:54 PM
I cant wait until they just hand him a deck of cards against humanity instead