PDA

View Full Version : Child dies with 10X amount of Fentanyl to kill adult

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2022, 03:02 PM
Dara Bitler - FOX 31 Denver

https://i.imgur.com/6KqcRB4h.jpeg

BRIGHTON, Colo. (KDVR) — The Brighton Police Department has arrested parents in the death of their 23-month-old daughter.

Police said the toddler’s blood contained 10 times the amount of Fentanyl necessary to kill an intolerant adult user.

Police said they were called to a home in early January when Alonzo Ray Montoya, 31, and Nicole Danielle Casias, 30, reportedly found their child not breathing and unresponsive.

Brighton Fire, Platte Valley Ambulance, and Brighton police tried to perform life-saving measures to save the girl’s life, but she was pronounced dead.

Detectives from BPD and the North Metro Drug Task Force started an investigation into her death in January.

On Tuesday, charges were filed against Montoya and Casisas for child abuse resulting in death and distribution of fentanyl.

Police said the parents allegedly participated in illicit drug activity with the toddler present in the home prior to and after her death.

Casias and Montoya were taken into custody on Wednesday. They are scheduled to appear in Adams County court on Thursday.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
That amount of heroin looks like it could kill multiple people

deebakes
04-01-2022, 03:04 AM
rookies maybe

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2022, 04:06 PM
true

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2022, 06:31 PM
It's hard to tell just how big those vials really are. I'm guessing they are pretty tiny.

Muddy
04-04-2022, 08:09 PM
I had a friend die one night we were out.. We thought we were getting a little $20 happy bag of Cocaine and it turned out to be heroin and he died.