PDA

View Full Version : Biden Speaks: ‘Imagine Had The Tobacco Industry Been Immune To Prostitute Being Sued, Come On’

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2022, 03:40 PM
By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/3l7bMw2l.jpg

On Monday, announcing actions to fight gun crime, President Biden spoke with typical eloquence, stating, “Imagine had the tobacco industry been immune to prostitute being sued, come on.”
In the face of Biden’s latest foray into public speaking, the White House transcript amended the statement to read, “Imagine had the tobacco industry been immune to prost- — to being sued. Come on.”

Biden started by targeting so-called “ghost guns,” saying, “Today, the United States Department of Justice is making it is illegal for a business to manufacture one of these kits without a serial number,” but he made it clear that was just part of his zeal for gun control. He stated: “This rule is an important step. It’s going to make a difference, I promise you. And there are a lot of other things we know work to reduce gun violence and other violent crimes and save lives. That’s why I’ve put together a comprehensive strategy to supercharge what works while continuing to push Congress to act on sensible legislation to prevent gun violence.”

He continued, “We need Congress to pass universal background checks. Universal background checks. And I know it’s controversial, but I got it done once: Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.”

Then he targeted gun manufacturers: “Eliminate gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability. They’re the only outfit — they’re the only outfit in the country that is immune.” He continued, “Imagine had the tobacco industry been immune to prostitute being sued, come on.”

He snapped, “Look, this is incredibly rare because gun manufacturers have more immunity from liability than any other American industry, so they have never had to take responsibility for the death and destruction their products cause.”

Biden, whose record vis-a-vis gun control has included false and misleading statements such as “Most people don’t know: If you walk into a store and you buy a gun, you have a background check. But you go to a gun show, you can buy whatever you want and no background check,” and has falsely stated gun manufacturers have “absolute immunity,” declared, “I support the Second Amendment. You have a right. But from the very beginning, the Second Amendment didn’t say you can own any gun you want, big as you want. You couldn’t buy a cannon when, in fact, the Second Amendment passed. And certain people from the very beginning weren’t allowed to purchase guns. It’s nothing new. It’s just rational.”

He took one more swipe at gun manufacturers: “Look, this should be just the start. We need to repeal the liability shield of gun manufacturers and finally hold them accountable for false advertising and many other things they do.”

PorkChopSandwiches
04-12-2022, 03:49 PM
:honk:

lost in melb.
04-12-2022, 04:05 PM
It's an interesting Freudian slip. Prostitution instead of prosecution RBP

deebakes
04-12-2022, 04:07 PM
i'm surprised he didn't shoot himself

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2022, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=lost in melb.;1055268]It's an interesting Freudian slip. Prostitution instead of prosecution

:cmon:

KevinD
04-13-2022, 12:31 AM
Cars kill more people per year than guns. Hmm. What about cell phone distracted driving.

C'mon man