PDA

View Full Version : Fake DEA agent busted while trying to get discount at Wendy’s in Bunnell, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
04-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Thomas Mates, Digital storyteller - Click Orlando

https://i.imgur.com/lwsZGUM.png

BUNNELL, Fla. – A man trying to get a discount on his fast-food order is accused of impersonating a DEA agent, according to Bunnell police.

David Stover, 57, was arrested Monday at the Wendy’s at 2570 Commerce Parkway.

Police said they were called to Wendy’s because a customer was arguing with the staff.

Officers said Stover was demanding a law enforcement discount and started threatening to report staff to corporate for not giving it to him.

According to police, Stover was a regular at that Wendy’s for the past two years. Workers said he used to get a discount at the restaurant because he had a friend who was a cashier there, according to the arrest report, but when that worker left their job, Stover started claiming he was a law enforcement officer.

The manager at the store told investigators that Stover would often tell workers he was an undercover DEA agent and would occasionally flash a badge when asked for proof, the report stated.

Investigators said Stover denied ever claiming to be a DEA agent, however, he did admit to carrying a concealed carry permit badge, which he claimed he showed the employees because they asked to see it.

Stover faces a charge of impersonating a law enforcement officer.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-13-2022, 04:06 PM
I like how the piece in the middle isn't even on straight

Teh One Who Knocks
04-13-2022, 04:11 PM
I didn't even notice that :lol: