PDA

View Full Version : Piglet shoots Winnie the Pooh in controversial new art exhibit, police call for removal

Teh One Who Knocks
06-02-2022, 11:19 AM
by KHALID LAWS | The National Desk

https://i.imgur.com/14IchsA.jpg

WASHINGTON (TND) — A painting on display in the Cincinnati Art Museum of an iconic cartoon character, has become the subject of controversy and scrutiny.

The painting in question, “Mother Land Theme Park Black Panther Gift Shop,” shows Winnie the Pooh lying dead in a pool of blood with his hands cuffed behind his back. Behind him is Piglet, as a police officer, aiming a gun at Pooh.
The controversial painting has sparked anger and outrage as many, including law enforcement, are calling for the painting to be removed from the museum, according to WLWT.

"It absolutely is mind-blowing to me that we're there. That we're there in society, that that can be seen as artwork. It makes no sense," Cincinnati Fraternal Order of Police President Dan Hils said."So it's saying cops are murderers, which I know is a total fabrication and a total lie.”

The art piece is a part of a larger collection titled “Black and Brown Faces: Paying Homage To,” an exhibit organized by Paloozanoire, an organization that focuses on "enriching the lives of people of color throughout the Midwest in the areas of creativity, corporate leadership, and entrepreneurship,” according to Newsweek.

The artist behind the controversial piece is Magnus Juliano, who says that he wants people to feel what they feel while looking at the painting.

"I want people to take away what they want to," Juliano told WLWT. "Humanity is a joke right now if we're more upset over a painting than police brutality. Black people being hurt.”

While some are critical of the painting, others are looking at it from a different perspective.

“It’s art,” Hayden Baumgartner, a visitor to the CAM, told FOX19. “Art is supposed to make people feel things. Even if it pisses you off, it’s art. That’s what it’s supposed to do. It’s supposed to make you feel something and evoke a reaction.”

The painting will be on display at the Cincinnati Art Museum until June 19.

Pony
06-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Security footage taken moments before the Pooh shooting...

https://i.imgur.com/h4FYRN6.jpg