PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Representative Pushing 1,000% Tax on AR-15s

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2022, 06:43 PM
By AWR HAWKINS - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/5IUvGIf.jpg

Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA) is pushing a 1,000 percent tax on AR-15s and other semiautomatic rifles that Democrats label as “assault weapons.”

CBS News reports that Beyer’s bill would result in “pushing up the price of the military-style weapon beyond the means of many potential buyers.”

CBS News also notes that bill could be passed in the Senate with only 50 votes as it is a “revenue measure” that “could be introduced through the reconciliation process.”

The Washington Times quoted Beyer saying, “Congress must act to prevent mass shooting. I’m writing a bill to restrict the flow of weapons of war into American communities — including AR-15s and high capacity magazines — that could bypass the filibuster and pass with just 50 votes in the Senate.”

The Times notes that Beyer’s bill, if passed, could drive up prices of AR-15s to between $4,000 and $20,000.

On November 17, 2020, Breitbart News reported National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) numbers showing that Americans own an estimated 434 million firearms. Nearly 20 million of those firearms are Modern Sporting Rifles, firearms that the Democrats categorize as “assault weapons.”

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2022, 06:50 PM
Let's pass a 1000% tax on Congressional morons

PorkChopSandwiches
06-07-2022, 07:05 PM
Lets pass term limits

Pony
06-07-2022, 10:31 PM
Gunna be a huge run at the gun shops......

....what should I buy next?

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2022, 10:40 PM
Gunna be a huge run at the gun shops......

....what should I buy next?

What are you missing?

-handgun
-shotgun
-defensive rifle
-hunting rifle

Pony
06-07-2022, 11:21 PM
What are you missing?

-handgun
-shotgun
-defensive rifle
-hunting rifle

Might be a good idea to move to elsewhere for any discussion? Gen chat?

lost in melb.
06-08-2022, 07:38 AM
Totally dumb move. There are much more dangerous guns out there and god forbid they replace the AR to become the gun of choice for the next generation of kid-murdering psychopaths.

Pony
06-08-2022, 10:06 AM
Totally dumb move. There are much more dangerous guns out there and god forbid they replace the AR to become the gun of choice for the next generation of kid-murdering psychopaths.

Then they will get rid of that one, then the next, and the next. That's the plan. More and more regulations that do little/nothing to solve the underlying problem.

While the AR seems to be used often in high profile events, the truth is the vast majority of "mass shootings" are done with handguns, in cities with already strict gun laws and are primarily done by known criminals that are not allowed to posses a weapon. Gang violence, etc. But we're not allowed to discuss solutions about that or policing the high crime areas because it would be considered racist. Meanwhile Black people are getting slaughtered at a much higher rate than any other race by other Black people.

The Texas tragedy could have/would have been avoided with a simple locked or properly working door and/or better police response and training. That kid being barricaded in a room for nearly an hour could have killed the teacher with a one shot pocket .22 and still had the ability to do the damage he did with anything on hand.

My whole point is not trying to start an argument but more to comment on the fact that we (the public and Govt) should be trying FIRST to have a TRUTHFUL, civil discussion about common sense options to protect our citizens before taking what many of us consider to be extreme "solutions" that won't work.