PDA

View Full Version : Billy Ray Cyrus: Miley's Hannah Montana "Destroyed My Family"

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/kHmjd.jpg

Billy Ray Cyrus is in a bad place.

In an emotional new interview in GQ magazine, the country singer, 49, sadly expounds at length about his very serious regrets and concerns for his famous daughter Miley, 18. (Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus, Miley's mom, also filed for divorce last year after 17 years of marriage.)

"I'm scared for [Miley]," says Billy Ray, who expressed feelings of helplessness as his little girl -- who became a Disney star in her tweens -- became the center of one controversy after another. "She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger. I know she's 18, but I still feel like as her daddy I'd like to try to help," he says. "At least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity just for a minute."

But the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer says he's probably been given too much of the blame for Miley's endless antics -- from her topless Vanity Fair cover to her pole dancing routine at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards to a recent bong-smoking incident- "Well, I took it, because I'm her daddy, and that's what daddies do. 'Okay, nail me to the cross, I'll take it....'" he tells GQ.

But he drew the line at attending her 18th birthday party -- which was held at a bar, just a few weeks after Miley's salvia-bong scandal. "It was wrong. It was for 21 years old and up... I said, 'This whole thing's falling apart up there and they just want to blame all of this stuff on you again.' I'm staying out of it."

Billy Ray then spoke about Hollywood tragedies Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith -- drawing vague parallels to his own daughter's wild life. "I'm concerned about Miley. I think that [Cobain's] world was just spinning so fast and he had so many people around him that didn't help him. Like Anna Nicole Smith--you could see that train wreck coming...Michael Jackson—I was trying to reach out to Michael Jackson."

Among his mistakes? Being a "friend" to his daughter versus a parent."I should have been a better parent," he says. "I should have said, 'Enough is enough--it's getting dangerous and somebody's going to get hurt.' I should have, but I didn't... Honestly, I didn't know the ball was out of bounds until it was way up in the stands somewhere."

And the show that made his daughter a superstar has become a dirty word for Billy Ray, he said. Hannah Montana, he tells GQ, "destroyed my family...the damn show destroyed my family...It's all sad."

Does he wish Miley had never been cast in the show? "I hate to say it, but yes, I do. Yeah. I'd take it back in a second. For my family to be here and just everybody be okay, safe and sound and happy and normal, would have been fantastic. Heck, yeah. I'd erase it all in a second if I could."

PapaZ
02-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Now that she won't share her money with him he's pissed.

Joebob034
02-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Now that she won't share her money with him he's pissed.

that's what I was gonna say AKA "I can't make any more money off of her"

Softdreamer
02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
So a celebrity has been a bad parent and their child is going off the rails...

A world first. #yawns#

Get over it Bill, and if you ever want to call yourself a parent. Take action now.
Otherwise, stand back and wait for the sex tape/autopsy photos.

Godfather
02-16-2011, 07:19 PM
'This whole thing's falling apart up there and they just want to blame all of this stuff on you again.' I'm staying out of it."

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase, this mother fucker whored his own daughter out for years. The guy created this monster, pissed away his daughter's childhood to get him rich and played along to the extent of putting himself inside the TV show. It's entirely his fault. Put any kid in this situation and they're going to be fucked up at some point in life.

Now he claims he doesn't want it :roll: He was there, he had his 15 minutes. The dude knew what this was from the get-go. This is a: "she's about to go wild, I need to save face" move, and he just bailed on his own family. Coward.

What a dickhole... I hope the jack on his F- 250 slips and crushes this dumbass

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase, this mother fucker whored his own daughter out for years. The guy created this monster, pissed away his daughter's childhood to get him rich and played along to the extent of putting himself inside the TV show. It's entirely his fault. Put any kid in this situation and they're going to be fucked up at some point in life.

Now he claims he doesn't want it :roll: He was there, he had his 15 minutes. The dude knew what this was from the get-go. This is a: "she's about to go wild, I need to save face" move, and he just bailed on his own family. Coward.

What a dickhole... I hope the jack on his F- 250 slips and crushes this dumbass

I could not agree more.....I'm sure Billy Ray Joe Bob Mary Ellen Sue had no problem cashing all of those Hannah Montana paychecks when his career hit the dumper.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Yup, he's such a hypocrite....according to a celebrity net worth website, at just over the age of 18, Miley Cyrus is worth approximately $120 million. Sure never heard Billy Ray say anything bad about his daughter when she was still a minor :|

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Yup, he's such a hypocrite....according to a celebrity net worth website, at just over the age of 18, Miley Cyrus is worth approximately $120 million. Sure never heard Billy Ray say anything bad about his daughter when she was still a minor :|

complaint probably coincided with the day she turned 18 and all assets were moved under her control

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
complaint probably coincided with the day she turned 18 and all assets were moved under her control

Yeah, it probably went something like:

Billy Ray: Now Miley, since you are turning 18 tomorrow and you will be...

Miley (cutting Billy Ray off mid-sentence): You aren't getting another dime of my money daddy, so don't even ask

Billy Ray: Why you ungrateful little bitch! Don't ever ask me for help again!

Miley walks out the door

Billy Ray: Please come back Miley. I'm broke

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, it probably went something like:

Billy Ray: Now Miley, since you are turning 18 tomorrow and you will be...

Miley (cutting Billy Ray off mid-sentence): You aren't getting another dime of my money daddy, so don't even ask

Billy Ray: Why you ungrateful little bitch! Don't ever ask me for help again!

Miley walks out the door

Billy Ray: Please come back Miley. I'm broke

:thumbsup:

addendum:

Billy Ray: And please give me my bong back

Godfather
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
He's probably pissed because everyone should know salvia ruins bongs if you're going to smoke weed with them again[-(

Joebob034
02-16-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm sure Joe Bob had no problem cashing all of those Hannah Montana paychecks when his career hit the dumper.

hey don't lump me in with those rednecks

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM
hey don't lump me in with those rednecks

srry mate, got you confused with Billy Bob

(they all look alike to me)

Southern Belle
02-16-2011, 11:03 PM
Sad situation for all involved.

Joebob034
02-16-2011, 11:04 PM
srry mate, got you confused with Billy Bob