View Full Version : ‘It’s Ridiculous’: NY Mets Pitcher Slams COVID Testing, Says ‘Stop Testing,’ ‘Stop Acting Like COVID Is Far Worse’ Than Other Things

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2022, 03:11 PM
By Katie Jerkovich - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/m1DZDdIl.jpg

New York Mets pitcher Chris Bassitt said “it’s ridiculous” that “we’re still doing” COVID testing, and said we need to “stop acting like COVID” is worse than other things out there.

The MLB pitcher spoke with the press Thursday after he had to miss playing with his team the last week because he was out on the COVID protocol list. It came after he said he took the test and then let his team know that he had tested positive for COVID. The two-minute long clip was shared on Twitter from the New York Post and can be seen below.

“It’s ridiculous we’re still doing it,” Bassitt told reporters, as he noted he kept his workout routine and didn’t feel he was “worn down.” He also said he “felt normal” and ready to play the game.

When pressed by one reporter regarding what he felt the solution was, he replied, “stop testing.”

“Stop acting like COVID is far worse than a lot of other things,” the Mets star shared. “I mean, not trying to get too much into it, but I was never sick. Never had a symptom. So, sitting out for two weeks or possibly a week for zero symptoms. I don’t know.”

“And now they’re coming out and saying we possibly could get tested, I mean we could possibly come up positive multiple times in, like, say a month,” he added. “So, we gotta miss multiple times. … I guess the answer is I should never have said anything.”
“I should never have said I tested positive,” Bassitt continued. “And I probably won’t the rest of my career. There’s no way. There’s no reason.”

The MLB player said he had tested himself at home because he has a “little girl” and he wanted to be safe after feeling sluggish following one of the games in Houston. So once he tested positive, he felt it was the right thing to do to notify his team. But the pitcher reiterated, “I never had a symptom.”

“I don’t know if I made the right decision of saying something or not,” Bassitt concluded.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2022, 03:13 PM
At this stage with this virus, he is 100% correct. Unless you have some underlying condition, Covid is absolutely no worse than a bad cold/mild flu. This thing will be here in perpetuity and to keep testing for it like it's Ebola is asinine.

Pony
07-08-2022, 04:52 PM
At this stage with this virus, he is 100% correct. Unless you have some underlying condition, Covid is absolutely no worse than a bad cold/mild flu. This thing will be here in perpetuity and to keep testing for it like it's Ebola is asinine.

One death is too many, we need to lock down until Uncle Joe and the Democratic Saviors can eliminate the virus like he promised.

July 8th 2021 Deaths 366. Seven day average deaths 205

July 7th 2022 Deaths 442. Seven day average deaths 314

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2022, 05:26 PM
One death is too many, we need to lock down until Uncle Joe and the Democratic Saviors can eliminate the virus like he promised.

July 8th 2021 Deaths 366. Seven day average deaths 205

July 7th 2022 Deaths 442. Seven day average deaths 314

Where did you find those numbers? The ones I found for yesterday were lower than that :-k

https://i.imgur.com/OyL3p4O.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/#graph-cases-daily

Pony
07-08-2022, 06:45 PM
I googled US covid deaths and the graph was at the top of the results. Looks like it's from the New York Times.

Doesn't matter, my post was more a dig on how once Biden took office that all the left wing rhetoric around covid mysteriously stopped.

deebakes
07-09-2022, 06:18 PM
probably more than half of my staff (>8) have had it now. working in a healthcare setting, we have requirements that maybe other places don't, so i know these are all lab confirmed cases and we have pretty routine testing. most have had symptoms like i did, very fatigued for a few days, maybe some sore throat/congestion/fever, but fortunately none have had any long term effects and have been back to work pretty much 5 days after onset of symptoms. the exception is my one unvaccinated took about 2 weeks to clear symptoms, as did my vaxxed immunocompromised person. it does seem to be much more contagious than other things in the past, i am just hoping that i have some sort of immunity against it for awhile here

Hugh_Janus
07-12-2022, 05:36 PM
rip his career