PDA

View Full Version : Indiana shopping mall shooter shot dead by armed 'good Samaritan,' police say

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2022, 11:17 AM
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/5VJNEpX.png

At least four people, including the shooter, are dead and others are injured following a shooting at a shopping mall in the suburbs of Indianapolis, according to local reports.

Greenwood Chief James Ison said "a good Samaritan with a handgun" at the scene killed the shooter. He said two others were wounded and are being treated in area hospitals.

The shooter has only been described as an adult male. Police said he had a long rifle and several magazines of ammunition.

Officers responded to a call regarding an active shooter at the Greenwood Park Mall in Greenwood, Indiana just after 6 p.m.

Emergency services arrived on the scene while law enforcement officers worked to secure the scene.

https://i.imgur.com/jDdnjvq.png

Indianapolis police and other law enforcement agencies were assisting the Greenwood police with clearing out the mall and clearing the scene. Police later said there was no ongoing threat.

Fox News has reached out to the Greenwood Police Department seeking more information.

Pony
07-18-2022, 10:46 PM
A coworkers 16YO Niece was in that Dicks when it happened.

deebakes
07-18-2022, 11:31 PM
good thing a dick wasn't in that 16YO when it happened :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-19-2022, 10:46 AM
By Michael Lee | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/EcDmJOQ.png

Critics are lashing out after a man carrying a pistol stopped a mass shooting at an Indiana shopping mall, arguing the man should not be called a "Good Samaritan."

"The term, ‘Good Samaritan’ came from a Bible passage of a man from Samaria who stopped on the side of the road to help a man who was injured and ignored," wrote CBS4 traffic anchor Justin Kollar on Twitter Monday. "I cannot believe we live in a world where the term can equally apply to someone killing someone… my God."

Kollar's comment comes after a gunman opened fire at a suburban Indianapolis shopping mall on Sunday, killing three people before he was gunned down by a man legally carrying a pistol, under Indiana's new constitutional carry law, according to police. Reports on Monday found that the man who put a halt to the shooting was actually in violation of Greenwood Park Mall policy, which bans the carry of weapons in its facility.

Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers credited the man with saving several lives by killing the shooter, saying they were grateful for his "quick action and heroism."

"Someone we are calling the ‘Good Samaritan’ was able to shoot the assailant and stop further bloodshed," Meyers said in a statement. "This person saved lives tonight. On behalf of the City of Greenwood, I am grateful for his quick action and heroism in this situation."

But some critics joined Kollar in criticizing the man's actions despite him allegedly putting a stop to the mass shooting.

"The Good Samaritan paid for an unknown immigrant's health care out of pocket," comedian John Fugelsang wrote on Twitter. "The Good Samaritan did not shoot anyone. Jesus was not a fan of killing for any reason, including self-defense. But if these ammosexuals had ever read the Bible, they couldn't support the GOP or NRA."

"I don’t know who needs to hear this but when a 22-year-old illegally brings a loaded gun into a mall and kills a mass shooter armed with an AR-15 after he already killed three people and wounded others is not a ringing endorsement of our implementation of the Second Amendment," Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts said on Twitter.

But despite the man's apparent lack of regard for mall rules, his actions were also praised by Greenwood Park Mall representatives.

"We grieve for the victims of yesterday’s horrific tragedy in Greenwood. Violence has no place in this or any other community. We are grateful for the strong response of the first responders, including the heroic actions of the Good Samaritan who stopped the suspect," a mall spokesperson said.

Pony
07-19-2022, 09:24 PM
They just mad the guy didn't kill 30 or more people so they could continue to push their agenda.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-21-2022, 10:41 AM
By Michael Lee | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/LlN0MoY.png

Police say it took Elisjsha Dicken just 15 seconds to neutralize a man who opened fire on shoppers at an Indiana mall — quick action they believe saved countless lives.

"The time lapse between the moment that Jonathan Sapirman exited the restroom and began shooting, and when he was shot by the civilian was only fifteen seconds, not two minutes," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said Tuesday in a statement. "The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48pm. He was neutralized by Dicken at 5:57:03 pm."

The statement corrects a previous police timeline in which authorities said the incident lasted two minutes. Police also revealed that a preliminary autopsy report on the gunman showed that he was struck eight times and died of his wounds, meaning Dicken only missed the shooter twice despite engaging the threat from a distance.

Police say the gunman was armed with two rifles, a Glock pistol, and was carrying at least 100 rounds of ammunition with him. Sapirman killed three people before being quickly neutralized by Dicken, who began closing the distance on the shooter as he waved for bystanders to flee behind him.

Ison said that Dicken's actions were "heroic" and "very tactically sound" despite him having no police or military background.

"Many more people would have died last night if not for a responsible armed citizen who took action within the first two minutes of this shooting," Ison said.

Guy Relford, an attorney hired to represent Dicken, said he was proud of his client's actions at the mall.

"I am proud to serve as Eli Dickens’ attorney and spokesperson," Relford said in a statement. "He is a true American hero who saved countless lives during a horrific event that could have been so much worse if not for Eli’s courage, preparedness and willingness to protect others."

lost in melb.
07-21-2022, 11:21 AM
They just mad the guy didn't kill 30 or more people so they could continue to push their agenda.

In fairness, a lot of gun advocates are getting boners.

deebakes
07-21-2022, 07:08 PM
80%, nice work buddy

Godfather
07-22-2022, 04:08 AM
A 22 year old hit a (presumably moving) target for 80% within 15 seconds at 40 yards?! That's 120 feet.

What a fucking sniper, that's actually wild :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2022, 10:52 AM
A 22 year old hit a (presumably moving) target for 80% within 15 seconds at 40 yards?! That's 120 feet.

What a fucking sniper, that's actually wild :lol:

I bet a lot of cops would have a hard time being that accurate at that distance. I guarantee that guy spent a LOT of time at the range.

Pony
07-22-2022, 05:11 PM
Seriously impressive shooting!