PDA

View Full Version : Texas sends buses of migrants to Chicago for first time, dropped off at train station

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2022, 10:55 AM
By Adam Sabes , Bill Melugin | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/wsJaGI2.png

Two buses carrying migrants from Texas arrived in Chicago on Wednesday night.

The buses arrived at Chicago's Union Station at around 7:30 p.m., carrying migrants who crossed the southern border illegally.

An estimated 80 to 100 people were on the buses, including 20 to 30 small children. Many of the migrants said they were from Venezuela.

Chicago is the latest city where migrants have been bused to from Texas, following New York City and Washington, D.C., all of which have Democrat mayors.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said in a statement that he looks forward to seeing Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot welcome the migrants since Chicago is a sanctuary city.

"President Biden's inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans—and Americans—at risk and is overwhelming our communities," Abbott said. "To continue providing much-needed relief to our small, overrun border towns, Chicago will join fellow sanctuary cities Washington, D.C. and New York City as an additional drop-off location. Mayor Lightfoot loves to tout the responsibility of her city to welcome all regardless of legal status, and I look forward to seeing this responsibility in action as these migrants receive resources from a sanctuary city with the capacity to serve them."

A statement from Abbott's office said that Chicago is being added as a "drop-off location" for future migrant buses in response to "President Biden's open border policies overwhelming border communities in Texas."

A spokesperson from Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot's office said in a statement that Abbott is "without any shame or humanity."

"As a city, we are doing everything we can to ensure these immigrants and their families can receive shelter, food, and most importantly protection. This is not new; Chicago welcome hundreds of migrants every year to our city and provides much-needed assistance," a spokesperson for Lightfoot's office said. "Unfortunately, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is without any shame or humanity. But ever since he put these racist practices of expulsion in place, we have been working with our community partners to ready the city to receive these individuals.

New York City Democrat Mayor Eric Adams, upon meeting the migrants on Aug. 7, said that the actions of Abbott are "horrific."

"This is horrific when you think about what the governor is doing," Adams said.

After sending the migrants to New York, Abbott said that the area is an "ideal destination for these migrants."

"In addition to Washington, D.C., New York City is the ideal destination for these migrants, who can receive the abundance of city services and housing that Mayor Eric Adams has boasted about within the sanctuary city," said Abbott. "I hope he follows through on his promise of welcoming all migrants with open arms so that our overrun and overwhelmed border towns can find relief."

Abbott began sending migrants to Democrat-run cities in April, with the first migrant-buses being sent to Washington, D.C.

https://i.imgur.com/H9Abd7W.png

When the first buses arrived in Washington D.C., a spokesperson for Mayor Muriel Bowser told ABC News that "Our Administration continues to work with NGOs [Non-Government Organizations] who are providing resources to the arriving individuals and families. Our partners were able to triage the first bus, which included individuals hoping to settle outside of the region."

Bowser requested assistance twice from the National Guard to help with the thousands of migrants that have been arriving in the area. Both requests have been rejected.

https://i.imgur.com/3Ri1OPV.png

She first asked the National Guard for help on Aug. 4, then again on Aug. 11, requesting the deployment of 150 National Guard troops to "help prevent a prolonged humanitarian crisis in our nation's capital resulting from the daily arrival of migrants."

KevinD
09-01-2022, 12:48 PM
:clap:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-01-2022, 03:47 PM
This is my favorite stunt of all time

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2022, 03:50 PM
It shows that these democrat mayors are full of shit. They are all for illegals flowing into the country...until they are dropped off on their doorsteps.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-01-2022, 04:08 PM
Yeah, especially when they are so far away they dont have to deal with it.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2022, 10:59 AM
By Adam Sabes , Bill Melugin | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/NVPzZyLl.jpg

Democrat Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot slammed Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday afternoon, calling him a "man without any morals" after he sent two buses of migrants to her city's Union Station on Wednesday night.

Lightfoot made the comments during a press conference with city leaders and local partners.

"Let me say loud and clear to Greg Abbott and his enablers in Texas with these continued political stunts, Gov. Abbott has confirmed what unfortunately many of us had known already, that he is a man without any morals, humanity or shame," Lightfoot said.

Lightfoot also said that Abbott chose to "inhumanely load them onto buses" and send them to Chicago without "any regard for what the next steps are."

Seth Christensen, chief of media and communications at the Texas Division of Emergency Management, told Fox News that the migrants were on a bus with air conditioning, and were provided with food, water, and security.

"These are human beings, moms and dads, young children, elders, who deserve our respect and dignity. They're not cargo. They are not chattel. They're human beings, just like you and me," she said. "Gov. Abbott's racist and xenophobic practices of expulsion have only amplified the challenges many of these migrants have experienced on their journey to find a safe place. The governor's actions are not just inhumane, they are unpatriotic."

The Chicago mayor added that the bus company that was contracted by Texas to make the trip to Chicago was "just as complicit in being part of this indignity."

Abbott made the decision to send two buses carrying migrants to Chicago on Wednesday, which arrived at the city's Union Station at 7:30 p.m., carrying migrants who crossed the southern border illegally.

Over 75 migrants were on the two buses, according to Lightfoot. Many of the migrants said they were from Venezuela upon exiting the bus.

Abbott said in a statement following the buses' arrival at Union Station that Chicago would now be a "drop-off location" for future migrant buses in response to "President Biden's open border policies overwhelming border communities in Texas," joining New York City and Washington, D.C.

"President Biden's inaction at our southern border continues putting the lives of Texans — and Americans — at risk and is overwhelming our communities," Abbott said. "To continue providing much-needed relief to our small, overrun border towns, Chicago will join fellow sanctuary cities Washington, D.C., and New York City as an additional drop-off location. Mayor Lightfoot loves to tout the responsibility of her city to welcome all, regardless of legal status, and I look forward to seeing this responsibility in action as these migrants receive resources from a sanctuary city with the capacity to serve them."

Lightfoot said in response to questions from reporters on Thursday that it is "my prayer" that Abbott "finds some humanity" and doesn't continue to send buses of migrants to Chicago, but said if he does, "we're ready."

"[Abbott] is trying to create crises in Democratic-led cities to demonstrate his toughness," Lightfoot said.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, Abbott's press secretary Renea Eze said that Lightfoot is being an "absolute hypocrite."

"Where was her outrage and condemnation of President Biden as he flew planeloads of migrants across the country and dropped them in communities in the cover of night? Mayor Lightfoot knows nothing about Texas' busing strategy and needs to stop with the baseless lies and fearmongering. Texas continues stepping up and responding to the Biden-made border crisis, taking unprecedented action to address the historic levels of illegal immigrants, terrorists and deadly drugs like fentanyl that are surging into our communities and overwhelming border towns," Eze said.

"If the mayor wants a solution to this humanitarian crisis, she should stop complaining and call on President Biden to take immediate action to secure the border — something the President continues failing to do," she added.

During the press conference on Thursday, Caleb Senn, Chicago area commander for the Salvation Army, said that it is collaborating with the city to provide aid to the migrants who arrived at Union Station on Wednesday night.

"Our mission is to ensure that all people, whether from Chicago or Venezuela, know no hunger and have a safe place to sleep," Senn said. "We are, as the Salvation Army, praying for these individuals who have come to our city and their families as they adjust to new surroundings. And we will be working to ensure they have adequate resources while they are here."

DemonGeminiX
09-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Lori Lightfoot also said, "The nasty Abbottses, my precious."