PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Newsom's in-laws donated to pro-Ron DeSantis PAC

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2022, 11:11 AM
by ALEC SCHEMMEL | The National Desk

https://i.imgur.com/iylEdlGl.jpg

SACRAMENTO, CALIF (TND) — California Governor Gavin Newsom has repeatedly blasted Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, calling him a bully and working to make him a “one-term” governor, but campaign finance records show his family may not align with his views.

The Siebel Family Revocable Trust, which is controlled by Newsom's wife's family, donated $5,000 to the Friends of Ron DeSantis PAC, according to campaign finance records. The trust is reportedly run by Kenneth F. Siebel Jr. and Judith A. Siebel, the parents of Newsom's wife, Jennifer Siebel.

“I like Charlie Crist and I don’t like bullies,” Newsom said as he ripped DeSantis for his remarks about Dr. Anthony Fauci.

“You wanna ask why- in my life I don’t like bullies?” Newsom continued. “I don’t like people who demean people, I don’t like people who talk down to people. I didn’t like what DeSantis said about Fauci – he may disagree with him, but to call someone pejorative terms cause they’re short? I mean who the hell raised these guys? What kind of people are they?”
Furthermore, Newsom has said that “freedom is under attack” in The Sunshine State because of DeSantis, and urged Floridians fed up with Republicans to relocate to California.

DeSantis, on the other hand, has argued high numbers of people leaving the state of California to live elsewhere is indicative of the state’s “terrible governance.”

The rivalry between DeSantis and Newsom has escalated over the past several months as both governors are rumored to be exploring presidential runs.

Recent polling shows most Democrats don’t want to see President Joe Biden run for a second term, potentially creating an opportunity for someone like Newsom to enter the race.

Neither Newsom nor DeSantis have officially declared for the 2024 presidential election.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-02-2022, 04:18 PM
STFU you blabbering idiot