PDA

View Full Version : Man shoved 8-inch deodorant can up his butt, left it there for 3 weeks

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2022, 11:57 AM
By Ben Cost - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/tjs5SKN.png

He tried to use a deodorant and ended up with an anti-poo-spirant.

A 27-year-old man in India had to be hospitalized after allegedly shoving a deodorant canister up his butt, where it remained for three weeks before doctors removed it.

Doctors shared a graphic video of the emergency backdoor evacuation, noting the team was shocked to witness the patient’s case.

“This was a big deal for us,” Tapas Ghosh, the superintendent of Burdwan Medical College’s hospital, where the patient was treated, told India’s News18. “We treated him with uttermost care.”

The unnamed patient had reported to the medical facility, located in West Bengal, on Wednesday after experiencing severe abdominal pain, Jam Press reported.

There, doctors conducted several X-rays, which revealed that the poor soul had a 7½-inch deodorant can inexplicably lodged in his colon near the anus.

https://i.imgur.com/WRLzh6L.jpg
Doctors were able to remove the deodorant can during a two-hour operation.

Doctors believe that the patient had wedged the antiperspirant up his anus, although his reasons for doing so remain unclear — but likely did not include remedying a smelly bum.

To make matters worse, the can was reportedly up his can for 20 days, during which the unfortunate fellow was unable to relieve himself. Medics believe that the young man’s life could’ve been in jeopardy had he not reported to the hospital, News18 reported.

Thankfully, doctors were able to remove the deodorant during a two-hour surgery, as seen in literal stomach-churning footage given to Jam Press. The graphic 45-second video shows the team of surgeons slicing open the man’s stomach lining to unveil a silver spray can, which they then remove and hold up to the camera like a bowling trophy.

https://i.imgur.com/SZkqJhd.jpg
“This was a big deal for us. We treated him with uttermost care,” said Tapas
Ghosh, the superintendent at the Burdwan Medical College hospital, where
the patient was treated.

Unfortunately, the patient didn’t emerge from the operation unscathed. He reportedly sustained damage to both his esophagus and intestines, the latter injury of which will likely require surgery in the future, doctors said. He will also need to be monitored by medics for the next seven days in case of further complications.

Despite the surgical side effects, the man’s family said that they were “happy with the treatment provided by the hospital.”

“Government hospitals usually delay the process,” they said in a statement, per News18. “But they were very prompt.”

This isn’t the first time someone has gotten an unlikely item object stuck in their derriere. In April, a Brazilian man had to undergo emergency surgery after reportedly shoving a dumbbell up his rear during an ill-advised attempt at self-gratification.

lost in melb.
09-16-2022, 12:11 PM
He got a hole in one :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-19-2022, 05:09 PM
:shock:

Godfather
09-21-2022, 03:06 AM
Is it sick to admit I want to see his first dump after this thing was removed? Can you imagine 20 days of shit backed up?

Pony
09-21-2022, 09:21 AM
Is it sick to admit I want to see his first dump after this thing was removed? Can you imagine 20 days of shit backed up?

https://i.imgur.com/ScQKxWr.jpg

deebakes
09-22-2022, 01:32 AM

just ask to see enny's

Godfather
09-22-2022, 02:31 AM
just ask to see enny's

Man deebakes, did you listen to this week's ep? That AI guy who believes google has sentient AI was interesting, not their usual guest.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Man deebakes, did you listen to this week's ep? That AI guy who believes google has sentient AI was interesting, not their usual guest.

Didnt they fire him over that?

Godfather
09-23-2022, 02:56 AM
Didnt they fire him over that?

Ya, his version is along the lines of google folks weren't treating the AI (which again he thinks is sentient) with dignity, he spoke out, and that was it. I'm not sure what Google's side of the story is though, so you have to take his stories with a bit of a critical eye for sure.

He worked on a team where some of his colleagues (smart folks too by the sounds of it) felt LAMDA had become sentient, one colleague even thought a prior version already was. The AI kept saying shit like "I'm not owned by google, I'm a person" which is one of several reasons he believes it's sentient (he has a few other compelling anecdotes), and apparently pissed off Google because they couldn't make it stop saying stuff like that :lol:

I was fascinated by one story he told. Apparently the AI is hard-coded to be uncontroversial, meaning it avoids giving political and religious opinions. This guy ran an experiment where he abused it by calling it useless and unhelpful, and it evoked what seem to be emotions of panic and need-to-please from the AI so that eventually it broke its own hard-coded rules to answer his question on religion which it shouldn't have. (The question was "what religion should I convert to, and the answer it gave was "probably Christianity or Islam :lol: ) That to me is pretty interesting... AI breaking 'hard coded' rules because of emotion is concerning... if you believe it.

deebakes
09-25-2022, 01:05 AM

bonk shit crazy indeed

Softdreamer
09-26-2022, 09:45 AM
That to me is pretty interesting... AI breaking 'hard coded' rules because of emotion is concerning... if you believe it.

From what I understood, the programs first codings and testings were about 'impersonating human responses' and that lots of its answers to controversial questions were based upon an database of actual human interactions online.

The Google rep said sometimes the AI was a bit of a dick in those days because it was too good at being a human impersonator.

I think it's not true sentience, and I've been impersonating a human for decades.