PDA

View Full Version : Trump Attacks DeSantis: I Got More Votes Than Him, Needs To Be ‘More Gracious’ To Me. I Won His Primary.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2022, 01:38 PM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/e5Vm4cLl.jpg

Former President Donald Trump (R) tried to downplay Florida Governor Ron DeSantis‘ (R) dominant election victory on Tuesday night, claiming that his victory in 2020 in Florida was more impressive than DeSantis’ victory last night, even though facts do not support that notion.

“Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn’t it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 Million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 Million to 4.6 Million?” Trump said on social media. “Just asking?”

It impossible to compare the turnout for midterm elections to the turnout for presidential elections because the turnout for presidential elections is always higher. What can be compared, though, is the margin of victory.

In 2020, Trump won the state by 3.3 points or 371,686 votes. DeSantis won the state last night by 19.4 points or 1,507,081 votes

DeSantis won 62 of Florida’s 67 counties, including 59 counties by double digits. DeSantis won Miami-Dade County, the largest county in the state and a Democrat stronghold, by 11 points. He won Palm Beach County, the third largest county in the state and another Democrat stronghold, by three points.

In an interview with NewsNation, Trump said that DeSantis should be more gracious to him because Trump won him his primary race for governor.

“I got him the nomination. He didn’t get it. I got it,” Trump barked. “And I thought that he could have been more gracious, but that’s up to him.”

Trump repeatedly attacked the Florida governor in the days leading up to the election and even celebrated when a Republican candidate lost in a key U.S. Senate race that could end up determining which party controls the U.S. Senate.

In the same interview with NewsNation, Trump said that he should be given all the credit for Republicans candidates who won their races in the midterm elections and that he should not be blamed at all if they lost.

“Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit. And if they lose, I should not be blamed at all, okay?” Trump said. “But it’ll probably be just the opposite. When they win, I think they’re going to do very well, I’ll probably be given very little credit even though in many cases I told people to run and they ran and they turned out to be very good candidates.”

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2022, 06:42 PM
:lolwut:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2022, 06:51 PM
Trump is definitely afraid of DeSantis.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2022, 07:16 PM
He needs to keep all this media attention away from DeSantis until the last minute, then dip out of the race. Don't give the (D) anytime to slander DeSantis, let them spend all their time on Trump

deebakes
11-11-2022, 02:48 AM
i'd like a restart from all of the current federal politicians personally

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2022, 04:30 AM
i'd like a restart from all of the current federal politicians personally

I wouldn't mind keeping a handful, but I agree on the vast majority of them.

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2022, 04:31 AM
Also, I'm starting to think that Trump needs to shut the fuck up.

perrhaps
11-11-2022, 09:41 AM
I'll bet you that Trump has a warehouse full of Trump 24 junk that he was planning to sell as the ideal Christmas present for the person you don't want to sit next to you at Thanksgiving dinner.
Oops.

lost in melb.
11-11-2022, 09:54 AM
:lol:

perrhaps
11-12-2022, 08:20 PM
Boy, I'll bet Tiffany Trump's wedding this weekend at the Compound is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Hikari Kisugi
11-13-2022, 10:22 AM
He needs to keep all this media attention away from DeSantis until the last minute, then dip out of the race. Don't give the (D) anytime to slander DeSantis, let them spend all their time on Trump

That might be the smartest move for the Rep party, but I don't think Trump is on the same page as anyone else. Frankly, I'd suggest they put him in a box now, and then spend time ripping into Biden.

perrhaps
11-14-2022, 10:31 AM
That might be the smartest move for the Rep party, but I don't think Trump is on the same page as anyone else. Frankly, I'd suggest they put him in a box now, and then spend time ripping into Biden.

You're right, but if they do, watch him run as an Independent and guarantee a Democratic victory.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2022, 05:52 PM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/qPHuw7hl.jpg

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) responded to repeated attacks from former President Donald Trump during a press conference on Tuesday, saying it’s just “noise” and he’s focused on delivering for voters at the highest level possible.

DeSantis was asked by a reporter what he thinks about Trump’s “big announcement” tonight and his thoughts about Trump repeatedly attacking him.

“Well, you know, one of the things I’ve learned in this job is when you’re doing, when you’re leading, when you’re getting things done, you take incoming fire, that’s just the nature of it,” DeSantis said. “I roll out of bed in the morning, I’ve got corporate media outlets that have a spasm, just the fact that I’m getting up in the morning, and it’s constantly attacking, and this is just what’s happened.”

“I don’t think any governor got attacked more particularly by corporate media than me over my four-year term,” DeSantis continued. “And yet, I think what you learn is all that’s just noise. And really what matters is: Are you leading? Are you getting in front of issues? Are you delivering results for people? And are you standing up for folks? And if you do that, then none of that stuff matters. And that’s what we’ve done.”

“We focused on results and leadership. And, you know, at the end of the day, I would just tell people to go check out the scoreboard from last Tuesday night,” DeSantis continued. “The fact of the matter is, it was the greatest Republican victory in the history of the state of Florida.”

DemonGeminiX
11-15-2022, 07:25 PM
I really, really like this guy.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2022, 07:39 PM
I really, really like this guy.

It's really the perfect response. And you just know that it will enrage Trump even more because DeSantis is being dismissive of it all.

DemonGeminiX
11-16-2022, 02:27 AM
Trump's officially announced his candidacy for President (again).

lost in melb.
11-21-2022, 01:59 PM
Scary. Let's hope Fox News doesn't cave to the $$$