PDA

View Full Version : Top QB recruit loses scholarship after posting video saying N-word in rap song

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2022, 02:18 PM
by ALEC SCHEMMEL | The National Desk

https://i.imgur.com/eerOc7Nl.jpg

GAINESVILLE, FLA. (TND) — The University of Florida pulled a scholarship offer it gave to one of the nation’s top quarterback recruits after a video of him using the N-word while singing along to lyrics in a rap song surfaced.

Marcus Stokes, who played for Nease High School in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, has been dubbed by 24/7 Sports as the 14th best quarterback in the nation.

But that wasn’t enough to persuade Florida to keep him after the alleged video surfaced.

“I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media,” Stokes responded in a statement he shared to social media. “I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that.

Stokes added that he “fully accepts” the consequences for his actions, and that he respects the University of Florida's decision to withdraw his scholarship.

“My intention was never to hurt anybody and I recognize that even when going along with a song, my words still carry a lot of weight,” Stokes continued in his statement. “I will strive to be better and to become the best version of myself both on and off the field. I know that learning from my mistakes is a first important step.”
Stokes, who received scholarship offers from Florida, Penn State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern and Georgia State, among other schools, had previously switched his commitment from Penn State to Florida in July, according to Sports Illustrated.

The National Desk (TND) reached out to Florida’s athletics department for comment, but did not hear back prior to publication. If a response is received, this story will be updated.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-22-2022, 05:30 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2022, 06:24 PM
He was singing along with a song, obviously that makes him a racist :hand:

Pony
11-22-2022, 07:51 PM
I assume he's a white kid?

deebakes
11-22-2022, 07:55 PM
this is fucking insanity

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2022, 07:59 PM
I assume he's a white kid?

https://i.imgur.com/I8HvFtQl.jpeg

deebakes
11-22-2022, 08:06 PM
he should have immediately lost all offers wearing his hat like that before the rap incident

lost in melb.
11-28-2022, 12:32 PM
seriously, a white man can't sing a song composed by a black person?

Wow.

deebakes
11-29-2022, 12:18 AM
they can sing all the parts but the 'n word' parts :nono:

lost in melb.
11-29-2022, 08:44 AM
So just pause and blank. :?

Question, why do N call themselves N

deebakes
11-30-2022, 03:33 AM
because they can

lost in melb.
11-30-2022, 05:43 AM
because they can

Yes I'm aware they can. My question was probing a little deeper.